We just booked our trip 3 days ago to Rome- reaching there on April 12 at 9 am and leaving on April 21 at. 10 am.
Except the flight, absolutely have no itinerary and would like advice about how to split our days.
My husband and I are in late 30s, 2 kids 4 and 6 yr old. We usually live the ambience of the place more than sight seeing. We have already been to Venice before and want to split these days in southern: central Italy
Please advise how to divide keeping in mind the pre- Easter activities. We haven't booked any hotel, I know it will be difficult but somehow our vacations happen to match only last minute... So the delay.
So far we are thinking of spending 3 days in Rome, go to Naples and maybe Amalfi for 2 days and then from there to florence on 18 the and spend 19,20th in florence. I have heard that the Easter festival with fireworks in Florence is very famous.
We are not Catholics so the religious part is not too important, just like to absorb different cultures and love to be in a place when it is celebrating something.
Please help us with itinerary and any hotel recommendations. We will be absolutely fine with keepin our itinerary to Rome and Naples and Amalfi also if adding Florence will be a lot
Thanks for any tips in advance..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 Need help in travel planning
- 4 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 5 Puglia or La Langhe
- 6 French immersion courses in France
- 7 Munich
- 8 Paris---baguette question???
- 9 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 10 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 11 Vienna or Budapest?
- 12 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 13 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 14 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 15 Italy/Greece with kids
- 16 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 17 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 18 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 19 10 day Greek Island trip
- 20 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 21 Portugal itinerary help
- 22 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 23 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 24 Lisbon NYE
- 25 Drive Vienna to Salzburg