We just booked our trip 3 days ago to Rome- reaching there on April 12 at 9 am and leaving on April 21 at. 10 am.
Except the flight, absolutely have no itinerary and would like advice about how to split our days.
My husband and I are in late 30s, 2 kids 4 and 6 yr old. We usually live the ambience of the place more than sight seeing. We have already been to Venice before and want to split these days in southern: central Italy
Please advise how to divide keeping in mind the pre- Easter activities. We haven't booked any hotel, I know it will be difficult but somehow our vacations happen to match only last minute... So the delay.
So far we are thinking of spending 3 days in Rome, go to Naples and maybe Amalfi for 2 days and then from there to florence on 18 the and spend 19,20th in florence. I have heard that the Easter festival with fireworks in Florence is very famous.
We are not Catholics so the religious part is not too important, just like to absorb different cultures and love to be in a place when it is celebrating something.
Please help us with itinerary and any hotel recommendations. We will be absolutely fine with keepin our itinerary to Rome and Naples and Amalfi also if adding Florence will be a lot
Thanks for any tips in advance..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 2 RHK's Fall escape
- 3 Switz-Germany-Austria-France by train
- 4 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 5 Park Guell/Sagrada Famila
- 6 Is a 3 night reconnaissance trip to Sarlat worth it?
- 7 SPAIN- Barcelona to Gibraltar
- 8 Ireland Itinerary: Too Much Driving?
- 9 Rhine River
- 10 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 11 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 12 Vueling Airline thoughts/experiences?
- 13 Thank You
- 14 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 15 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 16 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 17 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 18 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 19 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 20 Need help in travel planning
- 21 Best Sequence for Venice>Vernazza>Florence/Sorrento ?
- 22 Excess insurance
- 23 London: Battle of the badges
- 24 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 25 T Mobile Extends High Speed Data