We just booked our trip 3 days ago to Rome- reaching there on April 12 at 9 am and leaving on April 21 at. 10 am.
Except the flight, absolutely have no itinerary and would like advice about how to split our days.
My husband and I are in late 30s, 2 kids 4 and 6 yr old. We usually live the ambience of the place more than sight seeing. We have already been to Venice before and want to split these days in southern: central Italy
Please advise how to divide keeping in mind the pre- Easter activities. We haven't booked any hotel, I know it will be difficult but somehow our vacations happen to match only last minute... So the delay.
So far we are thinking of spending 3 days in Rome, go to Naples and maybe Amalfi for 2 days and then from there to florence on 18 the and spend 19,20th in florence. I have heard that the Easter festival with fireworks in Florence is very famous.
We are not Catholics so the religious part is not too important, just like to absorb different cultures and love to be in a place when it is celebrating something.
Please help us with itinerary and any hotel recommendations. We will be absolutely fine with keepin our itinerary to Rome and Naples and Amalfi also if adding Florence will be a lot
Thanks for any tips in advance..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 2 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 3 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 4 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 5 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 6 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 7 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 8 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 9 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 10 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 11 Sentimental Journey
- 12 A few last minute questions
- 13 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 14 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 15 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 16 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 17 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 18 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 19 Stay away from EF Tours
- 20 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 21 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 22 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 23 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 24 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG