We just booked our trip 3 days ago to Rome- reaching there on April 12 at 9 am and leaving on April 21 at. 10 am.
Except the flight, absolutely have no itinerary and would like advice about how to split our days.
My husband and I are in late 30s, 2 kids 4 and 6 yr old. We usually live the ambience of the place more than sight seeing. We have already been to Venice before and want to split these days in southern: central Italy
Please advise how to divide keeping in mind the pre- Easter activities. We haven't booked any hotel, I know it will be difficult but somehow our vacations happen to match only last minute... So the delay.
So far we are thinking of spending 3 days in Rome, go to Naples and maybe Amalfi for 2 days and then from there to florence on 18 the and spend 19,20th in florence. I have heard that the Easter festival with fireworks in Florence is very famous.
We are not Catholics so the religious part is not too important, just like to absorb different cultures and love to be in a place when it is celebrating something.
Please help us with itinerary and any hotel recommendations. We will be absolutely fine with keepin our itinerary to Rome and Naples and Amalfi also if adding Florence will be a lot
Thanks for any tips in advance..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 2 Traveling to Puglia in July
- 3 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 4 Puglia itinerary - need help!
- 5 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 6 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 7 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 8 Amalfi or Positano
- 9 Croatia travel ideas
- 10 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 11 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 12 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 13 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 14 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 15 Public Transport information App/Website
- 16 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 17 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 18 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 19 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 20 12 Days in Italy
- 21 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 22 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 23 house exchange
- 24 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 25 St.Malo Suggestions ?