I am hoping someone can help us. We are planning a 70th birthday trip to Lake Como area and perhaps a little of Switzerland ending up with 2 days in Venice. We know Lake Como area a little and will be staying at the apartments owned by Grand Hotel Serbelloni for the first week. For the 2nd week we would like to see a little of Maggiore, drive up into Switzerland for a few days and end up in Venice which we know fairly well. We are trying to decide which way to go and also where to stay. Lake Garda are is supposed to be beautiful. Do we skip Maggiore this time and head toward Venice? We enjoy fine hotels if they are worth the price or lovely small hotels that are more unique.
Also, we are having a terrible time finding airflights from Boston to Milan that don't have long stopovers. American Airline flies to NYC and it is straight to Milan from there. Does anyone have any suggestions,esp on the way back if we leave from Venice?
Thanks so much for any help. This used to be fun and easy!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 2 Romans Lament Changing Yellow Lights to
- 3 Best Tour to see Pisa and Cinque Terra
- 4 Help with basic itinerary
- 5 favorite app for converting US $$
- 6 One week in London with kids
- 7 credit and debit cards
- 8 Charming areas to explore in London
- 9 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 10 Light weight small converter?
- 11 One Day in Vienna
- 12 Wake Up Mods
- 13 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 14 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 15 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 16 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 17 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 18 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 19 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 20 a week in Lombardia
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 22 Hotels in Florence
- 23 Trip in September
- 24 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 25 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary