I am hoping someone can help us. We are planning a 70th birthday trip to Lake Como area and perhaps a little of Switzerland ending up with 2 days in Venice. We know Lake Como area a little and will be staying at the apartments owned by Grand Hotel Serbelloni for the first week. For the 2nd week we would like to see a little of Maggiore, drive up into Switzerland for a few days and end up in Venice which we know fairly well. We are trying to decide which way to go and also where to stay. Lake Garda are is supposed to be beautiful. Do we skip Maggiore this time and head toward Venice? We enjoy fine hotels if they are worth the price or lovely small hotels that are more unique.
Also, we are having a terrible time finding airflights from Boston to Milan that don't have long stopovers. American Airline flies to NYC and it is straight to Milan from there. Does anyone have any suggestions,esp on the way back if we leave from Venice?
Thanks so much for any help. This used to be fun and easy!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 5 Les Invalides Night Show
- 6 limousine services - milan - rome
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 9 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 12 Camogli and surrounds
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 15 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 16 2 days in Florence
- 17 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 20 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 21 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 22 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 23 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 24 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 25 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid