I am hoping someone can help us. We are planning a 70th birthday trip to Lake Como area and perhaps a little of Switzerland ending up with 2 days in Venice. We know Lake Como area a little and will be staying at the apartments owned by Grand Hotel Serbelloni for the first week. For the 2nd week we would like to see a little of Maggiore, drive up into Switzerland for a few days and end up in Venice which we know fairly well. We are trying to decide which way to go and also where to stay. Lake Garda are is supposed to be beautiful. Do we skip Maggiore this time and head toward Venice? We enjoy fine hotels if they are worth the price or lovely small hotels that are more unique.
Also, we are having a terrible time finding airflights from Boston to Milan that don't have long stopovers. American Airline flies to NYC and it is straight to Milan from there. Does anyone have any suggestions,esp on the way back if we leave from Venice?
Thanks so much for any help. This used to be fun and easy!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on ancient history route
- 2 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 3 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 4 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 12 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 13 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 14 Hotels in Turin
- 15 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 16 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 17 Best layover option
- 18 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 19 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 20 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Prem fares (again)
- 23 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 24 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights