My husband and I are looking to spend 7 weeks in Europe next summer. We are starting to organise our budget now so we can start to save up for it. We are hoping to do it for $25k NZD Max for both of us ($20k would be idea though). That would allow for flights, rail passes, the odd flight and around 100 Euros a day to pay for 2/3 star accomm and food/drinks.
Do you think that sounds realistic? We are flying from New Zealand. Aiming to leave Early June and Return mid-late July.
I also want to do it all, husband has been before on Contiki but this is my first time. Basically once this trip is over I'm most likely going to be popping out kids and will not have another chance to see Europe until 20 or so years! I realise 7 weeks isn't long enough but here's what I would like to do:
Start in either London or Scotland (My friend will be living in Edinburgh, so we will be able to stay with her). Explore Scotland - possibly go to Ireland? (1 Week)
Next stop London (unless already started there) Do all the usual sightseeing, possible day trip to Stonehenge. (4 Days)
Fly to Netherlands (3 Days)
Train to Belgium (3 Days)
Train to Paris (4 days)
Train to Monaco (3 Days)
Train to Florence (3 Days)
Train to Rome (3 Days)
Train to Venice (3 Days)
Croatia? (4 nights)
Athens + Greek Islands (8 nights)
That takes us to 45 nights, have to allow 4 for travelling there and back.
Is this too much, I do really want to see it all, but also don't want to spend the whole time on a train. If so, what should we cut out?
I would love to add in Switzerland and Austria but guess we would need a few more weeks and a few more thousand dollars for that
Any advice please? First time in Europe so don't know much and have only been researching for a while so be nice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 2 3 days outside Venice
- 3 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 4 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 5 Night Bus?
- 6 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 7 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 8 Jewish Vienna
- 9 Short time in Vienna
- 10 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 13 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 16 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 19 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 20 Shall we Gdansk?
- 21 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 22 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 23 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 24 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 25 Munich to Hallstatt in a day