I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 2 My final Prague itinerary
- 3 Switzerland in September
- 4 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 5 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 6 13 nights in switzerland
- 7 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 8 weekend from cologne germany
- 9 Earthquake near Naples
- 10 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 11 London Theater
- 12 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 13 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 14 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 15 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 16 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 17 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 18 Munich itinerary review
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 21 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 22 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 23 3nights in Venice
- 24 multi city flights to europe
- 25 Europe itinerary questions