I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 2 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 3 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 4 Barcelona completely overrated
- 5 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 6 Norway accessories and must have
- 7 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 8 Greece in 15 Days
- 9 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 10 Naples or Genoa
- 11 BNL machines in Italy
- 12 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 13 BNL ATMs
- 14 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 15 Planning Advice!
- 16 Driving Vespa's in Florence
- 17 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 18 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 19 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 20 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 21 Our European adventures
- 22 Crete (and Santorini ) Trip Report
- 23 Scotland November 2015
- 24 1 day trip from Nice
- 25 Norway holiday locations