I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 2 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 3 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 4 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 5 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 6 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 7 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 8 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 9 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 10 4 days in switzerland
- 11 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 12 European Cooking Secrets
- 13 Basque country ideas
- 14 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 15 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 16 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 17 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 18 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 19 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 20 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 21 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 22 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 23 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 24 First trip to Italy
- 25 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?