I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 4 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 5 Lunch restaurant near Modena Acetias
- 6 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 7 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 8 Rome and Venice in December
- 9 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 10 Help with a git in Alsace
- 11 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 12 London trip in September
- 13 Paris itinerary.
- 14 Azores - splitting dining bill
- 15 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday
- 16 Puglia Experiences
- 17 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 18 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 19 Travel from Portugal to Morocco
- 20 Best International Sim Card
- 21 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 22 Font de Gaume-- what are our chances?
- 23 Where to stop along the way
- 24 Scotland highland/islands agenda-please help, last minute dream trip
- 25 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?