I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
60-day Solo Budget Travel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 2 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 3 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 4 Shipping bags home
- 5 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 6 England, Paris itinerary help
- 7 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 8 Germany for 3 weeks
- 9 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 10 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 11 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 12 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 13 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 14 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 15 Do I really want to stay in a hill top city?
- 16 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 17 Vienna and side trips
- 18 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 19 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 20 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 21 Euro Travel Quiz #40 - Potpourri
- 22 Emilia Romagna Region
- 23 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 24 Scottland for a day!
- 25 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland