I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
60-day Solo Budget Travel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question on France travel
- 2 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 3 Ireland or Scotland
- 4 Italy and Croatia
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 St Germain
- 7 Autumn in Paris
- 8 Where to go in France mid July?
- 9 trip to norway
- 10 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 11 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 12 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 13 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 14 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 15 Cruise the River Shannon
- 16 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 17 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 18 Food tours in Rome?
- 19 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 20 Rome Food Tour
- 21 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 22 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 23 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 24 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 25 Help with England/Wales tour