I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 2 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 3 Greek fuel cost
- 4 VRBO South Kensington
- 5 First time in London
- 6 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 7 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 8 Vacation
- 9 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 10 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 11 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 12 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 13 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 14 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 15 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 16 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 21 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 25 Seville- Ronda drive time