I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 2 Enjoying England for a year!
- 3 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 4 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 5 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 6 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 8 VRBO Neighborhood
- 9 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 10 Barcelona extension
- 11 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 12 Madrid city centre?
- 13 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 14 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 15 Ireland driving itinerary
- 16 Europe itinerary
- 17 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 18 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 19 French Riviera
- 20 Southern Italy
- 21 Trip Report: Hungary & Romania, May-June 2005. Re-posted to eliminate errors.
- 22 England in a week - what's realistic
- 23 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 24 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 25 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice