I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Krakow
- 2 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 3 One way car rentals from Croatia to Greece
- 4 Italy Car Scam
- 5 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 6 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 7 Talk to me about Mallorca...
- 8 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Portugal - 1st timers. Advice please...
- 11 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 12 Mallorca or Ibiza in Late march/Early april?
- 13 Russia in two weeks in December
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 16 Norway Honeymoon
- 17 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 18 Schengen Rule
- 19 Quizz !
- 20 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 21 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 22 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 23 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 24 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 25 9 Days in Spain