I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
60-day Solo Budget Travel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden or Leipzig
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 4 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 7 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 8 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 9 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 10 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 11 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 14 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 15 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 16 Air pollution in Paris
- 17 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 18 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 19 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 20 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 21 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 22 20 days in Germany
- 23 France, Italy and Greec
- 24 Rome---August and September
- 25 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?