I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence, Venice
- 2 Paris Travel: You Tell Me
- 3 Advice on long week trip to Germany
- 4 sncf help
- 5 Copenhagen or Stockholm?
- 6 Christmas in Germany
- 7 Amalfi Coast in June
- 8 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 9 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 10 Dubrovnik's old pharmacy
- 11 Archetypical White Christmas
- 12 Caserta Palace and gardens renovations
- 13 Paris dining-with teens
- 14 Itinerary for 3 days in Italy and is Rome safe ???
- 15 Postcards from Retirement-The Scotland Edition
- 16 Best new years?
- 17 Ideas for last-minute 8N/8D couple's trip to Europe from London please
- 18 Bahn sales
- 19 Another Paris Trip Report
- 20 Weekend away from London
- 21 iPhone stolen in Paris
- 22 Airport shuttle from Airbnb locale
- 23 How to Spot an American in Europe
- 24 1st Class v 2nd Class
- 25 Driving from South Iceland to the Westfjords