I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to take to Germany
- 2 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 3 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 4 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 5 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 6 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 7 Holiday in Austria
- 8 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 9 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 10 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 11 4 week trip Turkey
- 12 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 13 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 14 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 15 Scotland Trip
- 16 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 17 What one thing in Paris?
- 18 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 19 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 20 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 21 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 22 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 23 Paris Under Seige...
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 25 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks