I'm planning for a 2-month trip to Europe from November to December, in the hope to enjoy snowy season, scenic nature, good local food, art and culture Meanwhile I will be visiting friends and relatives in UK, France and Germany. I will be carrying a 60L rucksack, a small daypack and probably a sling bag.
The countries in my plan include Switzerland, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, though I wish to add Czech Republic and Greece into the already busy list.
With only USD6000 for budget, I expect plenty of overnight train journeys, walking, own cooking or packed food.
Am I squeezing too many destinations given the limited budget?
Next, I hear that budget traveler should start from the destination where price of cost is the highest to the lowest. Is that true? I am not sure where should I start from?
If I begin from Switzerland and end at Germany, I would have to carry the bulky winter clothes throughout the journey.
If I begin from Italy and ends at Switzerland, I guess I could adapt to the temperature well, as I come from hot and humid Malaysia. However, I may face the problem of overspending.
What do you reckon?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
60-day Solo Budget Travel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 2 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 3 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 4 Trip report Tuscany and Bologna
- 5 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 6 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 7 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 8 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 9 Back to Provence in 2015
- 10 Reestaurant Suggestions in Naples
- 11 Sicily and Aeolian Island TRAVELLING SOLO
- 12 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 13 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 14 Planning for a Budget Trip to Jersey, Channel Islands
- 15 Mont St. Michele?
- 16 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 17 Hotels in old Rome
- 18 Revisit someplace you've already been or go somewhere new?
- 19 Suggestions for Jersey (Channel Islands)
- 20 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 21 Croatia
- 22 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 23 Genoa - What are the Must Do's
- 24 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 25 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary