I am flying into Amsterdam at 9:00am on June 6th and will be flying out at 9:00pm on June 11th. I have essentially 6 days (4 full, and 2 with travel at start and end), and 5 nights. I am looking to see Amsterdam obviously, but would like to explore the Netherlands as a country as much as I can given the short time line. I was originally thinking that I would spend my first day (that I arrive) and my last day (that I leave) as well as 1.5 or 2 other full days in the city and surrounds. The other two I was looking at doing either day trips from Amsterdam or a two day excursion where I would go to visit somewhere, stay overnight and then visit something else on my way back. This would cut down on travel time at least.
Does any one have any recommendations as to what to do to fill this vague timeline and/or does anyone suggest different options?
I would like to see Delft, Kinderdjik, The Hogue Veluwe National Park (is this worth my time?), Haarlem (possibly mixed in with an Amsterdam city day), possibly Leiden and/or The Hague, Rotterdam?
Obviously I will not be able to see all of these places, but Delft and Kinderdjik are definitely going to happen.
What do you all suggest I do in terms of making the most efficient use of my time and what places can I pair up to see in a single day?
I am a hard traveller, meaning I get up early and go to bed late, and don't mind cramming as much in as I can, of course within reason as I want to enjoy what I am experiencing.
Any accommodation recommendations would be awesome too, for Amsterdam or any other place which may get suggested as an overnight stopover.
Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 God Save the Queen?
- 2 LEXMARK 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ LEXMARK printer TEC*h 24/7
- 3 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 4 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 9 Days in Spain
- 7 Paris to Italy
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Iceland early december visit
- 10 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 11 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 13 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 16 Italy Car Scam
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 25 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)