I am flying into Amsterdam at 9:00am on June 6th and will be flying out at 9:00pm on June 11th. I have essentially 6 days (4 full, and 2 with travel at start and end), and 5 nights. I am looking to see Amsterdam obviously, but would like to explore the Netherlands as a country as much as I can given the short time line. I was originally thinking that I would spend my first day (that I arrive) and my last day (that I leave) as well as 1.5 or 2 other full days in the city and surrounds. The other two I was looking at doing either day trips from Amsterdam or a two day excursion where I would go to visit somewhere, stay overnight and then visit something else on my way back. This would cut down on travel time at least.
Does any one have any recommendations as to what to do to fill this vague timeline and/or does anyone suggest different options?
I would like to see Delft, Kinderdjik, The Hogue Veluwe National Park (is this worth my time?), Haarlem (possibly mixed in with an Amsterdam city day), possibly Leiden and/or The Hague, Rotterdam?
Obviously I will not be able to see all of these places, but Delft and Kinderdjik are definitely going to happen.
What do you all suggest I do in terms of making the most efficient use of my time and what places can I pair up to see in a single day?
I am a hard traveller, meaning I get up early and go to bed late, and don't mind cramming as much in as I can, of course within reason as I want to enjoy what I am experiencing.
Any accommodation recommendations would be awesome too, for Amsterdam or any other place which may get suggested as an overnight stopover.
Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 road trip through scotland
- 2 Best Neck Pillow
- 3 barcelona neighborhood
- 4 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 5 Tieks for travel
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 8 Tracking the Weather
- 9 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 10 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 11 Where to eat in Rome?
- 12 Thinking about the Fjords
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 15 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 16 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 17 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 18 Italy travel plan help
- 19 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 20 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 21 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 22 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 23 Alsace to Austria?
- 24 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 25 Budapest language lessons