We are a couple going to Italy for 6 nights by end of September. This is our first Italy trip and we will go to Switzerland after Italy. We mostly want to cover the popular tourist spots/cities so our tentative plan is to spend 3 nights in Rome ( want to drive around the amalfi coast area one day) , 1 night in Florence and 2 nights in Venice.
1. Is this 3-1-2 night plan is advisable or should we consider any other alternate plans (like spending 2 nights in Rome and 1 extra night in Naples or Florence)?
2. Other than driving through the Amalfi Coast route, mostly thinking about taking train and city transport to explore the attraction. Is that a good idea?
3. For Rome to Florence and Florence to Venice train travel, should we just buy daily tickets or buy a train pass in advance?
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/ptx-male-enhancement/
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Driving through Paris
- 4 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Road trip with our dog
- 8 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 9 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 10 Barcelona alternative
- 11 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 12 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 16 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 17 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 18 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 19 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 20 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 21 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia