Dear All Fodorites,
We are a group of 5 people (incl 6 yr old kid and my parents).
In first week of May, want to do a Swiss Paris trip in which we would like to visit places like Mt. Titlis, Interlaken Jungfraujoch and Bern/Zurich if possible then move to Paris for 2 days.
I have an option to make Basel as my base location as I have friends residing there at 15 min tram ride from Basel station..
I would like know:
From Basel using Intercity trains, how easy or hectic it would be to do 1-day return trip each to Lucerne+Mt. Titlis, Zurich/Bern .... then 1 or 2 Nights stay in a hotel in Engelberg/Interlaken (for Jungfraujoch).
Having a base location can save us from checking-in/out of hotels with luggage,kid,sr. citizens and some $$ on hotels but definitely the travel time and money spent in commuting,tickets (may procure Swiss family pass- 4 days) is something worth considering.
Do you think it is workable plan or I should actually stay in Lucerne for 2 nights each instead of to-fro from Basel.
My purpose of trip would be more on relaxing and sightseeing, have a kid and parents so adventure sports is not in the to-do list
After all these, I would want to go to Paris for 2 nights and then depart for my Country from Paris itself
Eagerly waiting for any suggestions, feedbacks.
Thanks in advance ,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help please
- 2 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 3 Perugia
- 4 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 5 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 6 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 9 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 10 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 13 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 14 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 15 CDG much improved
- 16 Praiano
- 17 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 18 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 19 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 20 Norway fjord
- 21 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 22 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 23 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
Dear All Fodorites,