Dear All Fodorites,
We are a group of 5 people (incl 6 yr old kid and my parents).
In first week of May, want to do a Swiss Paris trip in which we would like to visit places like Mt. Titlis, Interlaken Jungfraujoch and Bern/Zurich if possible then move to Paris for 2 days.
I have an option to make Basel as my base location as I have friends residing there at 15 min tram ride from Basel station..
I would like know:
From Basel using Intercity trains, how easy or hectic it would be to do 1-day return trip each to Lucerne+Mt. Titlis, Zurich/Bern .... then 1 or 2 Nights stay in a hotel in Engelberg/Interlaken (for Jungfraujoch).
Having a base location can save us from checking-in/out of hotels with luggage,kid,sr. citizens and some $$ on hotels but definitely the travel time and money spent in commuting,tickets (may procure Swiss family pass- 4 days) is something worth considering.
Do you think it is workable plan or I should actually stay in Lucerne for 2 nights each instead of to-fro from Basel.
My purpose of trip would be more on relaxing and sightseeing, have a kid and parents so adventure sports is not in the to-do list
After all these, I would want to go to Paris for 2 nights and then depart for my Country from Paris itself
Eagerly waiting for any suggestions, feedbacks.
Thanks in advance ,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 2 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 3 Threat Level in UK
- 4 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 5 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 6 3 nights in Madrid
- 7 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 8 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 9 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 10 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 11 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 12 Graz in January
- 13 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 14 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 15 Itinery help Crete
- 16 London Hotel - Different Request
- 17 Iceland trip report!
- 18 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 19 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 20 Sun loungers and parasols
- 21 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 22 Malaga Spain
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 25 Help with Scotland Itinerary
Dear All Fodorites,