I'm visiting Florence for the first time, shortly. With so much to see and absorb, I hope I do justice to the destination!
Ideally, I'd like to take at least 1 day trip to see couple of Tuscan towns / villages, apart from spending time in Florence.
To all those who have gone to Florence, how would you advise a first timer along these ideas? Of course considering personal preferences is important, but then there are things which are universal must-see or unique to Florence!
I am told there's a LOT of walking involved while in Florence. I'm staying couple of km from the Duomo. Not exactly near, but not too far off either.
Secondly, if you think time slot / tickets for some of the sights 'must' be reserved or booked online in advance, please let me know. I'd do that while I'm still in Venice.
I'm trying to see all major sights in google maps to coordinate daily itinerary, but there are so many factors other than distance, to decide on the sequence of things to do. For instance, one might not want to stack all museum experiences on one day even if those buildings are next to each other as one might suffer from sensory overload. So your wise advice on how I should maximise these 5 days shall be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 2 Ireland
- 3 Killarney
- 4 Italian car factory tours
- 5 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 6 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 9 Prague itinerary advice
- 10 Self drive tour companies
- 11 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 12 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 13 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 14 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 17 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 18 10 day Italy
- 19 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 20 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 21 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 France, UK and Ireland
- 25 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?