I'm visiting Florence for the first time, shortly. With so much to see and absorb, I hope I do justice to the destination!
Ideally, I'd like to take at least 1 day trip to see couple of Tuscan towns / villages, apart from spending time in Florence.
To all those who have gone to Florence, how would you advise a first timer along these ideas? Of course considering personal preferences is important, but then there are things which are universal must-see or unique to Florence!
I am told there's a LOT of walking involved while in Florence. I'm staying couple of km from the Duomo. Not exactly near, but not too far off either.
Secondly, if you think time slot / tickets for some of the sights 'must' be reserved or booked online in advance, please let me know. I'd do that while I'm still in Venice.
I'm trying to see all major sights in google maps to coordinate daily itinerary, but there are so many factors other than distance, to decide on the sequence of things to do. For instance, one might not want to stack all museum experiences on one day even if those buildings are next to each other as one might suffer from sensory overload. So your wise advice on how I should maximise these 5 days shall be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 3 Campervan in Croatia
- 4 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 5 advance tickets?
- 6 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 9 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 10 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 15 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 16 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 17 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 18 Cell Phone Question
- 19 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 22 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 25 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich