I'm visiting Florence for the first time, shortly. With so much to see and absorb, I hope I do justice to the destination!
Ideally, I'd like to take at least 1 day trip to see couple of Tuscan towns / villages, apart from spending time in Florence.
To all those who have gone to Florence, how would you advise a first timer along these ideas? Of course considering personal preferences is important, but then there are things which are universal must-see or unique to Florence!
I am told there's a LOT of walking involved while in Florence. I'm staying couple of km from the Duomo. Not exactly near, but not too far off either.
Secondly, if you think time slot / tickets for some of the sights 'must' be reserved or booked online in advance, please let me know. I'd do that while I'm still in Venice.
I'm trying to see all major sights in google maps to coordinate daily itinerary, but there are so many factors other than distance, to decide on the sequence of things to do. For instance, one might not want to stack all museum experiences on one day even if those buildings are next to each other as one might suffer from sensory overload. So your wise advice on how I should maximise these 5 days shall be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 barcelona neighborhood
- 4 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 5 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 6 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 7 Tracking the Weather
- 8 Italy travel plan help
- 9 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 10 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 11 Alsace to Austria?
- 12 road trip through scotland
- 13 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 14 Wales
- 15 Best Neck Pillow
- 16 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 17 Tieks for travel
- 18 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 19 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 20 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 21 Where to eat in Rome?
- 22 Thinking about the Fjords
- 23 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 24 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 25 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria