I'm visiting Florence for the first time, shortly. With so much to see and absorb, I hope I do justice to the destination!
Ideally, I'd like to take at least 1 day trip to see couple of Tuscan towns / villages, apart from spending time in Florence.
To all those who have gone to Florence, how would you advise a first timer along these ideas? Of course considering personal preferences is important, but then there are things which are universal must-see or unique to Florence!
I am told there's a LOT of walking involved while in Florence. I'm staying couple of km from the Duomo. Not exactly near, but not too far off either.
Secondly, if you think time slot / tickets for some of the sights 'must' be reserved or booked online in advance, please let me know. I'd do that while I'm still in Venice.
I'm trying to see all major sights in google maps to coordinate daily itinerary, but there are so many factors other than distance, to decide on the sequence of things to do. For instance, one might not want to stack all museum experiences on one day even if those buildings are next to each other as one might suffer from sensory overload. So your wise advice on how I should maximise these 5 days shall be very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 2 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 3 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 4 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 5 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 6 Going to Russia
- 7 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 8 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 9 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 10 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 13 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 14 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 15 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 16 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 17 France or Italy town recommendations needed for 3 week stay
- 18 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 19 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 20 Germany/Austria...with a toddler
- 21 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 22 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 23 Suggestions for summer 38 night itinerary with kids and a mom in tow?
- 24 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 25 Edinburgh to Skye