Myself and my companion will be taking an overnight flight to Paris in September. The flight will have us arrive in Paris around 10:00 AM. We then will be there for four nights, leaving the morning after the last night. This is my first time in Paris and my companions second time. I definitely want to participate in the normal touristy things, such as the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame, a river cruise on the Seine.
Here are the questions I have:
- What attractions should I buy early tickets to?
- If I'm planning to walk most places, what area of town is it best to stay in? (note: price point for hotel is relatively high per night)
- Is going to Versailles worth it? (I've been told it is a full day trip)
- As the interests I have for the trip are in history and art mainly, I also enjoy doing some things that are not as well known. Any lesser known places I should try to visit?
- Finally, any restaurants that I should definitely try to look to eat at?
I appreciate any and all feedback and am looking forward to this first trip to France! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 Kitchen Units Manchester
- 3 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 4 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 5 Interesting places to visit
- 6 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 7 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 8 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 9 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 12 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 13 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 14 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 15 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 16 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 17 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 18 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 19 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 20 Train help for Prague
- 21 Germany train help!
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 Swiss Travel Pass