Myself and my companion will be taking an overnight flight to Paris in September. The flight will have us arrive in Paris around 10:00 AM. We then will be there for four nights, leaving the morning after the last night. This is my first time in Paris and my companions second time. I definitely want to participate in the normal touristy things, such as the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame, a river cruise on the Seine.
Here are the questions I have:
- What attractions should I buy early tickets to?
- If I'm planning to walk most places, what area of town is it best to stay in? (note: price point for hotel is relatively high per night)
- Is going to Versailles worth it? (I've been told it is a full day trip)
- As the interests I have for the trip are in history and art mainly, I also enjoy doing some things that are not as well known. Any lesser known places I should try to visit?
- Finally, any restaurants that I should definitely try to look to eat at?
I appreciate any and all feedback and am looking forward to this first trip to France! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 2 Safety in Rome
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Crete Holiday
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 One free day in Barcelona
- 11 Apartment Montreux area
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam