Myself and my companion will be taking an overnight flight to Paris in September. The flight will have us arrive in Paris around 10:00 AM. We then will be there for four nights, leaving the morning after the last night. This is my first time in Paris and my companions second time. I definitely want to participate in the normal touristy things, such as the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame, a river cruise on the Seine.
Here are the questions I have:
- What attractions should I buy early tickets to?
- If I'm planning to walk most places, what area of town is it best to stay in? (note: price point for hotel is relatively high per night)
- Is going to Versailles worth it? (I've been told it is a full day trip)
- As the interests I have for the trip are in history and art mainly, I also enjoy doing some things that are not as well known. Any lesser known places I should try to visit?
- Finally, any restaurants that I should definitely try to look to eat at?
I appreciate any and all feedback and am looking forward to this first trip to France! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 2 Self drive tour companies
- 3 Rouen Tour Companies
- 4 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 5 Andalucia itinerary help
- 6 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 9 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 10 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 11 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 14 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 15 Ireland itinerary help please
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 21 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 First time in Bulgaria
- 24 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 25 Alps Drive