Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 3 nights in Paris
- 4 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 5 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 6 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 7 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 8 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 9 Greece in 15 Days
- 10 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 11 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 12 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 13 Travel WiFi - France
- 14 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 15 Help with itinerary
- 16 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 17 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 18 1 day trip from Nice
- 19 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 20 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 21 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 22 Planning Advice!
- 23 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 24 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 25 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli