Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany Visa for conference
- 2 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 3 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 4 First Time Going to Europe
- 5 How long in Venice?
- 6 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 7 Message for Ackislander
- 8 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 9 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 10 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 11 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 12 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 13 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 14 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 15 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 16 atm cards in Spain
- 17 Traditional food in Athens
- 18 Would it be less expensive to buy a SIM card for Italy?
- 19 Cotswolds village base
- 20 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 21 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 22 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 23 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 24 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 25 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks