Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wish me luck please
- 2 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 3 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 4 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 5 Turkey - Live report
- 6 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 7 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 8 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 9 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 10 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 11 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 12 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 13 Paris: Best Bistros
- 14 Apartment in Seville in April help
- 15 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 16 Athens and which islands?
- 17 TGV and Intercités Sales Open April 2 forTravel Through August 30
- 18 Eleanor's Pages
- 19 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 20 "Untours" as a tour guide
- 21 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 22 Trip from Vienna to Budapest
- 23 Help with Lucerne in April
- 24 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 25 Car rental at Athens airport