Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
- 1 More help with housing in Puglia
- 2 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 3 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 4 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 5 Dresden Train Station
- 6 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 7 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 11 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 12 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 13 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 14 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 17 River cruises
- 18 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 21 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 22 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 23 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 24 7 days in Andalucia
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome