Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 5 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 6 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 7 Germany-berlin marathon
- 8 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 9 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 10 hotels in Seville
- 11 car rental companies Italy
- 12 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 13 tour guides in rome
- 14 one last portugal car rental question
- 15 Amsterdam hotel advice
- 16 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 17 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 18 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 19 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 20 London hotel
- 21 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 22 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 23 Toulouse and beyond -
- 24 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 25 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?