Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 2 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 3 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 4 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 5 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 6 Need help with Europe itinerary
- 7 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 8 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 9 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 10 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 11 Changes in security at Schiphol
- 12 Day Trip from London
- 13 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 14 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 15 Best things to eat, see, do in Italy
- 16 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 17 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 18 First Trip to Europe Itinerary
- 19 Switzerland and Northern Italy, 3 weeks
- 20 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 21 Iceland Stopover Late September
- 22 Where to buy Saffron?
- 23 Barcelona Sagrada Familia visit in evening
- 24 EasyBus from CDG - reliable?
- 25 Provence Restaurant Suggestions