Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 2 5 days in Germany - Travel advice needed
- 3 Hotel/Hostel Recommendations
- 4 French towns in autumn
- 5 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 6 Flights from Milos Greece to Rome
- 7 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 8 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 9 What area of Venice to stay?
- 10 Charming town in Noway to visit?
- 11 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 12 French countryside/wine country
- 13 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 14 A week in Le Marche
- 15 Paris 4 days
- 16 Six days in Yorkshire and Derbyshire
- 17 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 18 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 19 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 20 Help with honeymoon itinerary - Paris, Barcelona and South of Spain
- 21 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 22 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 23 Best of SW Norway in 5 days; Bergen, Alesund, fjords
- 24 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 25 Getting from Chianciano Terme to Venice