Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 2 How much luggage?????
- 3 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 4 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 5 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 6 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 7 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 8 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 9 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 10 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 11 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 12 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 13 Madrid: Flamenco
- 14 Madrid: City Views
- 15 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 16 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 17 German Rail Twin Pass
- 18 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 19 ITALO trains need help
- 20 London restaurants
- 21 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 22 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 23 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 24 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 25 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona