Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip in September
- 2 Positano Surprise
- 3 favorite app for converting US $$
- 4 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 5 Light weight small converter?
- 6 One week in London with kids
- 7 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 8 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 9 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 10 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 11 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 12 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 13 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 14 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 15 SNCF - low price for summer
- 16 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 17 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 18 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 19 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 20 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 21 Best of Norway
- 22 Escorted tours Norway
- 23 Munich Hotel Location
- 24 Small towns not too near Paris
- 25 Car rental help in Sicily