Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 2 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 3 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 4 Interested In Coach Passes
- 5 Giverny in early October?
- 6 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 7 Air France strike
- 8 Voltage in UK and France
- 9 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 10 Two Days in Prague
- 11 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 12 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 13 Schengen Visa
- 14 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 15 Alterations to night trains routes
- 16 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 london in 2.5 days
- 19 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 20 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 21 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 22 London GTG late September?
- 23 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 24 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 25 Florence Hotel Advice