Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 2 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 3 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 4 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 5 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 6 Dordogne Itinerary
- 7 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 8 2 Days in Istanbul
- 9 iPHone 6 use in Paris, with ATT?
- 10 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 11 Dreaming of a hiking trip for 2016
- 12 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 13 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 14 Small-group day tours from London?
- 15 Journees du Patrimoine
- 16 Segovia Hotel
- 17 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
- 18 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 19 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 20 Best location to stay in Seville
- 21 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 22 Sacred Christian Places in Athens
- 23 Malaga and the lost wallet
- 24 Advise
- 25 Suggestions for an afternoon in Istanbul