Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm back.....
- 2 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 3 Departure Tax in UK
- 4 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 5 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 6 To europe this Aug
- 7 FAQs
- 8 Charles Degaulle question
- 9 Normandy - driving trip
- 10 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 11 Ballet Bolshoi
- 12 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 13 Switzerland itinerary help
- 14 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 15 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 16 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 17 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 18 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 19 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 20 munich - day trips
- 21 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 22 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 23 Naples to Pompeii
- 24 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 25 Ireland in November