Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 2 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 3 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 4 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 5 Dublin Hotel Choice
- 6 Day on the Rhine
- 7 12-14 day Europe vacation
- 8 Macarons!
- 9 Split to Venice. Help!
- 10 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 11 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 12 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 13 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 14 ideas for Portugal please
- 15 Bus ride to Positano
- 16 2 Days in Brussels
- 17 French rental car advice needed
- 18 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 19 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 20 Apartment rental in Dublin
- 21 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 22 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 23 Switzerland - Trip for 8 days with 2 kids (5&3)
- 24 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 25 Best way to get to Italy from Greece of vice versa