Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which european city?
- 2 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 3 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 4 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 6 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 7 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 8 American Express
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 11 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 12 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 13 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 14 Three ferries to Mull
- 15 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 18 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 19 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 20 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 21 Story of the German Christmas star
- 22 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 23 Airport ATMs
- 24 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 25 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt