Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two Weeks in Europe
- 2 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 3 Must sees in Malaga
- 4 Italy train question
- 5 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 6 Antiques shopping Rome
- 7 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 8 Scotland Trip Planning
- 9 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 10 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 11 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 12 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 13 Another Book List for Italy
- 14 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 15 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 16 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 17 Venice - a day open
- 18 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 19 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 20 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 21 Walking in Hamburg
- 22 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 23 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 24 What is your favorite travel app?
- 25 Seville in September-La Bienal