Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thalys seat assignment hassle
- 2 Amalfi coast 8 days with 4 yr old
- 3 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary
- 4 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 5 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 6 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 7 St. Petersburg plus
- 8 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 9 Honeymoon in Europe Nov-Dec2015
- 10 Day trips from Monaco
- 11 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 12 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 13 More concise itinerary-Rome, Tuscany, Paris
- 14 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 15 Hotel Aiguablava or Parador AB Spain ?
- 16 Paris Visite pass
- 17 Our Paris plans
- 18 Sicily Trip
- 19 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 20 Northern Italy - Milan or Italian Lake District
- 21 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 22 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 23 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 24 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 25 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016