Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
- 1 Foggia Day Trip
- 2 London at Xmas
- 3 Barcelona to Positano
- 4 Musée Marmottan - anything there?
- 5 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 6 15 days in Central Europe
- 7 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 8 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 9 London Evening Activity
- 10 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 11 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 12 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 13 Paris Recommendations
- 14 Europe Winter in 16 days
- 15 Suggestions for France Italy
- 16 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 17 Which tour company would be best?
- 18 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 19 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 20 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 21 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 22 France by rail or car?
- 23 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 24 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 25 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail