Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 4 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 5 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 6 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 7 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 8 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 9 Private transportation
- 10 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 11 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 13 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 14 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 15 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 16 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 17 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 18 Global Travel Warning...
- 19 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 20 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 21 Highclere Castle(Downton Abbey) tours, UK
- 22 Advices about our itiniary
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 A week in Burgundy
- 25 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary