Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 2 countless numbers of hundreds and hundreds
- 3 15 days trip to Europe
- 4 Turkey fire code problems with building entry doors
- 5 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 6 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 7 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 8 Vuerling airlines
- 9 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 10 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 11 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 12 France for a month in 2017
- 13 RENFE error message during payment
- 14 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 15 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 16 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 17 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 18 Venice Film Fest
- 19 Europe itinerary
- 20 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 21 All of Spain or something else..?
- 22 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 23 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 24 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 25 Les bons plans de Whathello