Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sending money from the UK to the US
- 2 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 3 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 4 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 5 Gite and/or agritourism
- 6 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 7 England and Scotland
- 8 Athens/Istanbul March
- 9 English ruined castles
- 10 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 11 Stay away Buchbinder car rental company
- 12 Switzerland
- 13 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 14 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 15 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 16 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 17 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 18 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 19 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 20 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 23 Dublin to Armagh?
- 24 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 25 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland