Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 2 What type of visa is right for me?
- 3 Visiting Spain in January
- 4 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 5 Scenic Driving Routes
- 6 Paris---baguette question???
- 7 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 8 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 9 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 10 1 way ticket
- 11 French immersion courses in France
- 12 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 13 pareja de hecho in Spain
- 14 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 15 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 16 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 17 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 18 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 19 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 20 Car Rentals
- 21 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 22 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt
- 23 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 24 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 25 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania