Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 2 Paris to Rome
- 3 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 4 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 5 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 6 Hotel in Venice
- 7 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 8 London tube
- 9 bath or york
- 10 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 11 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 12 Lavender Fields
- 13 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 14 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 15 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 16 Local Tour in Provence?
- 17 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 18 Ste Remy France
- 19 car rental info
- 20 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 21 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 24 A drive in Europe
- 25 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time