Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 2 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 3 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 4 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 5 Eleanor's Pages
- 6 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 7 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 8 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 9 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 10 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 11 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 12 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 13 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 14 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 15 Internet or travel agent?
- 16 Paris and where else?
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 19 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 20 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 21 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 22 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 23 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 24 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 25 Christmas windows in Paris