Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 2 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 3 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 6 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 7 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 8 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 15 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 18 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 19 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 20 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 21 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 22 Questions about Polish sights
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice