Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Paris to Italy
- 3 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 8 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 9 Amsterdam
- 10 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 11 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 12 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 15 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 16 8 Days in Spain
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 19 Scenic cruise advice
- 20 Barcelona alternative
- 21 Italy Car Scam
- 22 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 23 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 God Save the Queen?