Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 2 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 3 Romania - Good destination for 2017
- 4 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 5 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 7 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 10 Germany family road trip help!
- 11 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 Santorini lodging
- 13 Barcelona
- 14 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 15 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 16 Prague
- 17 Ischia
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Spain and South of France
- 20 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 21 Overnight at Heathrow
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 France, UK and Ireland
- 24 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking