Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SIM card for eastern europe
- 2 Munich and Dachau
- 3 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 4 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 5 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 6 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 7 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 8 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 9 London visit
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 12 21 Days in Central Europe
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Three days in Spain
- 15 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 16 Duoro river cruises
- 17 car rental advice in Portugal
- 18 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 19 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 20 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 21 Eurostar booking
- 22 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 23 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 24 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 25 Monet in Normandy