Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Royal Opera House question?
- 2 Globus Tours
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 2 full days in Paris
- 5 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 6 3 days in Rome
- 7 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 8 Central London Hotels
- 9 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 10 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 11 How to Use a Transilien Train from Paris in Ile de France?
- 12 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 13 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 14 ITALY
- 15 Help with Madrid Location
- 16 Italy and Greece
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 18 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 19 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 20 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 21 Oslo or Stockholm?
- 22 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 23 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 24 2 Days in Rome
- 25 VENICE, Italy - Hotel Venezia Boscolo to ship cruise terminals