I'm leaving on August 31 for two weeks in Portugal and have a general idea of where I am going, but I am in the fine-tuning stage of my itinerary (specifically, the non-Lisbon and non-Porto parts) and need some help!
I've read various guidebooks, looked at online forums, etc., and I'm sort of overwhelmed at this point--too much info, combined with having a busy life! My main point of stress is not knowing how long to stay at a given spot and which spots to spend the night.
I'm not going to the Algarve on this trip.
I'm on public transit.
Here's my tentative plan; as I said, my point of panic is fine-tuning the timeline.
9/1: Lisbon, tour around town via walking and tram, fado at night with hostel folks
9/2: Day trip to Sintra and Cabo da Roca (Monday, so it's the best day to go because a lot of other stuff is closed on Mondays)
9/3: Lisbon, Belem
9/4: Lisbon (morning to wrap up sightseeing); afternoon/evening train to Evora; overnight Evora.
9/6: Evora to Obidos (public transit issues?); overnight Obidos (everyone says it's better once the day-trippers leave)
9/7: Obidos to Nazare; stay Nazare
9/8: Nazare; visit Alcobaca and Batalha (or just Alcobaca)
9/9: Nazare to Coimbra; overnight Coimbra
9/10: Coimbra to Aveiro; a couple hours bicycling around Aveiro; Aveiro to Porto; overnight Porto.
9/11 to 9/14: meeting up with a group in Porto to do a Porto/Douro Valley wine tour; everything already arranged.
9/14 pm: train back to Lisbon
9/15: fly home
Any advice regarding my timeline (specifically, the 9/4 through 9/10 portion) would be much appreciated! Please excuse my lack of accents and possible misspellings; I'm doing this off the top of my head.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Chania
- 3 Now to Madrid
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Hotels in Turin
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Studying art in English in venice
- 11 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 12 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 13 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 14 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 3 days solo in London
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 21 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 22 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 23 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 24 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?