I'm leaving on August 31 for two weeks in Portugal and have a general idea of where I am going, but I am in the fine-tuning stage of my itinerary (specifically, the non-Lisbon and non-Porto parts) and need some help!
I've read various guidebooks, looked at online forums, etc., and I'm sort of overwhelmed at this point--too much info, combined with having a busy life! My main point of stress is not knowing how long to stay at a given spot and which spots to spend the night.
I'm not going to the Algarve on this trip.
I'm on public transit.
Here's my tentative plan; as I said, my point of panic is fine-tuning the timeline.
9/1: Lisbon, tour around town via walking and tram, fado at night with hostel folks
9/2: Day trip to Sintra and Cabo da Roca (Monday, so it's the best day to go because a lot of other stuff is closed on Mondays)
9/3: Lisbon, Belem
9/4: Lisbon (morning to wrap up sightseeing); afternoon/evening train to Evora; overnight Evora.
9/6: Evora to Obidos (public transit issues?); overnight Obidos (everyone says it's better once the day-trippers leave)
9/7: Obidos to Nazare; stay Nazare
9/8: Nazare; visit Alcobaca and Batalha (or just Alcobaca)
9/9: Nazare to Coimbra; overnight Coimbra
9/10: Coimbra to Aveiro; a couple hours bicycling around Aveiro; Aveiro to Porto; overnight Porto.
9/11 to 9/14: meeting up with a group in Porto to do a Porto/Douro Valley wine tour; everything already arranged.
9/14 pm: train back to Lisbon
9/15: fly home
Any advice regarding my timeline (specifically, the 9/4 through 9/10 portion) would be much appreciated! Please excuse my lack of accents and possible misspellings; I'm doing this off the top of my head.
2 weeks in Portugal--help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 2 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 3 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 4 Rome to Capri-Day Trip?
- 5 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 6 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 7 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 8 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 9 100 years of French gratitude
- 10 Paris T A X I
- 11 Reasonable Hotels in Central London near the Underground
- 12 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 13 Portugal Itinerary for Late October
- 14 studying abroad, need advice on how to spend two month-long breaks
- 15 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 16 Venice, Florence, Rome post cruise visit
- 17 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 18 First Trip to Europe
- 19 Globus Tours
- 20 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 21 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 22 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 23 Central London Hotels
- 24 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 25 ACP Rail -- any info?