I'm leaving on August 31 for two weeks in Portugal and have a general idea of where I am going, but I am in the fine-tuning stage of my itinerary (specifically, the non-Lisbon and non-Porto parts) and need some help!
I've read various guidebooks, looked at online forums, etc., and I'm sort of overwhelmed at this point--too much info, combined with having a busy life! My main point of stress is not knowing how long to stay at a given spot and which spots to spend the night.
I'm not going to the Algarve on this trip.
I'm on public transit.
Here's my tentative plan; as I said, my point of panic is fine-tuning the timeline.
9/1: Lisbon, tour around town via walking and tram, fado at night with hostel folks
9/2: Day trip to Sintra and Cabo da Roca (Monday, so it's the best day to go because a lot of other stuff is closed on Mondays)
9/3: Lisbon, Belem
9/4: Lisbon (morning to wrap up sightseeing); afternoon/evening train to Evora; overnight Evora.
9/6: Evora to Obidos (public transit issues?); overnight Obidos (everyone says it's better once the day-trippers leave)
9/7: Obidos to Nazare; stay Nazare
9/8: Nazare; visit Alcobaca and Batalha (or just Alcobaca)
9/9: Nazare to Coimbra; overnight Coimbra
9/10: Coimbra to Aveiro; a couple hours bicycling around Aveiro; Aveiro to Porto; overnight Porto.
9/11 to 9/14: meeting up with a group in Porto to do a Porto/Douro Valley wine tour; everything already arranged.
9/14 pm: train back to Lisbon
9/15: fly home
Any advice regarding my timeline (specifically, the 9/4 through 9/10 portion) would be much appreciated! Please excuse my lack of accents and possible misspellings; I'm doing this off the top of my head.
2 weeks in Portugal--help!
- 1 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 2 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 3 When to visit Provence updated info
- 4 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 5 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 6 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 7 Medieval Tallinn
- 8 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 9 Prague Main Train Station
- 10 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 11 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 12 Italian language schools
- 13 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 14 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 15 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 16 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 Place to propose
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 23 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 24 Venice in Jan
- 25 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland