My DH & I are planning to visit our newly relocated son & DIL in London for 2 weeks the last week of Oct & 1st week of Nov. In order to preserve our/their sanity we want to take a 2-3 day trip. I am thinking about Scotland or Wales. We will only be using trains, not renting a car. Any suggestions on where to go? We would also like to take day trips out of the city as well. While we are in the city we will be doing a lot of sightseeing.
2 weeks in London
View all Europe activity »
- 1 rent car / Munich
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 2 Week European Itinerary
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Family European winter holiday
- 6 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 7 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 8 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 9 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 10 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 11 Channel Islands
- 12 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 13 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 14 Dresden Train Station
- 15 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 16 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 17 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 18 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 19 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 23 Chambermaid tipping
- 24 TGV and Provence questions
- 25 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna