My DH & I are planning to visit our newly relocated son & DIL in London for 2 weeks the last week of Oct & 1st week of Nov. In order to preserve our/their sanity we want to take a 2-3 day trip. I am thinking about Scotland or Wales. We will only be using trains, not renting a car. Any suggestions on where to go? We would also like to take day trips out of the city as well. While we are in the city we will be doing a lot of sightseeing.
2 weeks in London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 4 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 5 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 6 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 7 Southern Spain
- 8 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 9 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 10 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 11 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 12 1 week in the Cyclades
- 13 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 14 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 15 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 16 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 17 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 18 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 19 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 20 Schengen Visa Rules
- 21 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 22 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 23 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 24 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe