This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Debit card usage in Norway
- 2 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 3 Seine river cruise help
- 4 PASSPORT number changed
- 5 Scotland itinerary
- 6 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 7 Lake Bled, Slovenia by Train
- 8 London During Rugby International September 2015
- 9 a starting itinerary
- 10 Edinburg for 24 hous
- 11 England/Scotland in January?
- 12 Touring Rome
- 13 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 14 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 15 Sicily itinerary advice please
- 16 Hotels in Vienna
- 17 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 18 Free Aerosmith and John Newman gigs in Moscow
- 19 Germany at Christmas
- 20 overnight ferries?
- 21 Bratislava to Budapest by Car May 2016
- 22 Budapest main train station status
- 23 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 24 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 25 Frankfurt Airport and Train Question