This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 2 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 5 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 8 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 9 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 10 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 11 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 12 Private transportation
- 13 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 15 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 16 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 17 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 18 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 19 Global Travel Warning...
- 20 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 21 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 22 Highclere Castle(Downton Abbey) tours, UK
- 23 Advices about our itiniary
- 24 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 25 A week in Burgundy