This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 2 Sim Card Options
- 3 Greek Islands (small)
- 4 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 5 38 Days in Paris
- 6 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Day trip ideas
- 10 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 11 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 12 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 13 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 14 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 15 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 16 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 17 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 18 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 21 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Things to do in Brussels
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?