This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Codeine without a Rx?
- 2 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 3 Berlin, Nice and London
- 4 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 5 Venice
- 6 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 9 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 10 charming cities in Spain
- 11 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 12 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 13 Day in Madrid
- 14 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 15 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 16 Le Marche Research Help
- 17 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 18 Rental car in Menton
- 19 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 20 Planning a trip to Florence, Italy
- 21 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 22 7 days in Greece
- 23 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 24 Help with Off Exploring blog
- 25 Itinerary Help for Portugal