This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 2 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 3 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 4 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 7 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 8 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 9 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 10 First time in France
- 11 20 days in Great Britain - Self Drive Itinerary Ideas
- 12 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 13 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 14 Europe in late January
- 15 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 16 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016
- 17 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 18 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 19 Prague hotels
- 20 Portugal itinerary help
- 21 Munich
- 22 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 23 Puglia or La Langhe
- 24 What to expect over Christmas
- 25 14 days in Greece itinerary ???