This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My summer in Paris
- 2 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
- 3 Where to stay in Northern Ireland and should we try to see Cliffs of Moher?
- 4 Is AIRBNB a good choice?
- 5 Airbnb travel, travel Airbnb.
- 6 Airbnb a better way to travel.
- 7 Manchester-England's Second City
- 8 Tolls in VIENNA-BUDAPEST-ZAGREB-GRAZ-BRATISLAVA-PRAGUE?
- 9 Need help planning a 20 day trip
- 10 Halfday in Barcelona
- 11 Still deciding on what to do for six nights in Italy between Padua and Rome
- 12 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 13 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 14 Charles DeGaulle to Paris
- 15 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 16 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 17 Cadiz or Malaga
- 18 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 19 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 20 A/C in Basel
- 21 5 Nights in the Midlands
- 22 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 23 Trip planning--Portugal and Spain
- 24 Photographing the lavender in Provence
- 25 San Sebastián how many ways can I say I love you?