This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tickets for Wimbledon
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 6 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 7 Chania
- 8 Paris advice with kids
- 9 Iceland car rental agencies
- 10 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 11 Best Viking Sites
- 12 Paris hotel
- 13 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 14 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 15 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 16 Ex-pats with young kids
- 17 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 18 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 19 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 20 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 21 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 22 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 23 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 24 Top Tapas Tascas
- 25 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?