This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague - Tram #22
- 2 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 3 Day trip from London to Paris
- 4 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 5 A drive in Europe
- 6 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 7 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 8 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 9 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 10 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 11 London hotel
- 12 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 13 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 14 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 15 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 16 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 17 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 18 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 19 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 22 hotels in Seville
- 23 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 24 Three days in Spain
- 25 Location of hotel in Rome