This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Greek islands should I visit
- 2 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 3 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 4 Budapest on a budget
- 5 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 6 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 7 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 8 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 9 French lavender and cottages
- 10 Cork or Galway?
- 11 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 12 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 13 One quick week -- where in France?
- 14 MiFi in Italy
- 15 Major quake in central Itay
- 16 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 17 Girona and Besalau
- 18 3 days with a Swindon base
- 19 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 20 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 21 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 22 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 23 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 24 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 25 Based in Burford, how to spend our time