This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 2 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 3 Can You Name theTen Most Popular Tourist Cities In Europe???
- 4 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 5 Best driving map for Greece?
- 6 London Weekend
- 7 recommendations for driver/transfer tour from Siena to Rome airport.
- 8 Geneva-recommendation for small hotel, perhaps Old City?
- 9 Turkey - Live report
- 10 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 11 Train tickets within Italy
- 12 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 13 Stay in Venice
- 14 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 15 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 16 Mont St. Michele?
- 17 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 18 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 19 Questions for Paris residents
- 20 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 21 Central European train travel
- 22 Help please: 1 or 2 Bedroom Apt in Paris
- 23 Carinthia
- 24 Southwestern England
- 25 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question