This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with European vacation plan
- 2 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 3 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 4 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 5 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 6 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 7 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 8 Airport ATMs
- 9 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 10 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 11 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 12 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 13 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 14 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 15 Three ferries to Mull
- 16 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 17 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 18 American Express
- 19 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 21 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 22 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 23 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 24 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 25 Sono arrivato a Venezia