This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 3 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 4 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 5 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 6 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 7 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 8 What about Basque Country?
- 9 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 10 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 11 Sardinia for young travellers
- 12 currency
- 13 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 14 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 15 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 16 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 17 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 18 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 19 European Championship
- 20 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 21 italy itinerary request
- 22 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 23 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 24 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 25 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...