This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England/Scotland In January questions
- 2 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 3 Visiting Rungis on October 9, 2015
- 4 Getting from Milan to MXP
- 5 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 6 Holding bags in Paris
- 7 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 8 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 9 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 10 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 11 Barcelona to south of France
- 12 Cornwall and Germany
- 13 Edinburgh Questions...
- 14 Place to stay in London
- 15 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 16 SIXT car rental uk
- 17 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 18 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 19 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 20 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 21 Nymphenburg Palace in Munich: how much time to allow?
- 22 Two one week bases in Sicily
- 23 Itinerary for 33 days, Portugal-Spain-Morocco, sensible?
- 24 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 25 Reserve train tickets Bern to Wengen if already have BO regional pass?