This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 3 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 4 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 5 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 6 Athens and which islands?
- 7 Which Car to book at CDG in May 2015? Do you get Complimentary Upgrade?
- 8 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 9 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 10 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 11 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 12 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 13 Cell phone use in Europe for dummies
- 14 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 15 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 16 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 17 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 18 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 19 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 20 Prague symphony - please help me choose 2 seats
- 21 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 22 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 23 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 24 Opera in Prague : Dvorak's Rusalka or Puccini's Tosca
- 25 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague