This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 2 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 3 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 Best beach town in Italy?
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 8 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 9 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 10 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 11 Weekend in Norfolk
- 12 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 13 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 14 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 15 Autumn in Paris
- 16 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 17 Burgundy in May
- 18 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 19 A Greek sojourn
- 20 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 21 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 22 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 24 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 25 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe