This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 2 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 3 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 4 Help with Madrid Location
- 5 Help for San Sebastian
- 6 100 years of French gratitude
- 7 Venice, Florence, Rome post cruise visit
- 8 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 9 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 10 Rome to Capri-Day Trip?
- 11 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 12 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 13 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 14 Paris T A X I
- 15 Reasonable Hotels in Central London near the Underground
- 16 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 17 Portugal Itinerary for Late October
- 18 studying abroad, need advice on how to spend two month-long breaks
- 19 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 20 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 21 First Trip to Europe
- 22 Globus Tours
- 23 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 24 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 25 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...