This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage sizing
- 2 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 3 Moving to Belfast
- 4 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 5 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 8 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 9 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 10 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 11 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 12 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 13 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 14 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 15 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 16 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 17 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 18 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 19 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 20 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 21 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 22 Scuol, Switzerland
- 23 2 Weeks in Paris
- 24 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 25 Dolomites in May? Worth it?