This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 2 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 3 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 4 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 5 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 6 A few more questions about Brittany
- 7 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 8 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 9 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 10 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 13 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 14 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 15 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 16 4 days each in London and Paris
- 17 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Switzerland in September
- 20 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 21 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 22 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 23 Positano or Sorrento?
- 24 Paris in November
- 25 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!