This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 2 Small group for Colosseum
- 3 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 4 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 5 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 8 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 9 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 10 Spain/Costa de Sol Please identify picture
- 11 London visit
- 12 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 15 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 16 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 17 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 18 men's shoes spain
- 19 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 20 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 21 Edinburgh GTG, April?
- 22 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 23 21 Days in Central Europe
- 24 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 25 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?