This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for special place to stay between Pisa and Cinque Terre
- 2 Where left high and dry by US credit cards in UK & France
- 3 Which swiss alps to visit? First time to Switzerland
- 4 Lauterbrunnen: hiking advisory
- 5 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 6 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 7 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 8 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 9 Mama Mia Italy!
- 10 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 11 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 12 Greece Itinerary suggestions!
- 13 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 14 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 15 Barcelona for single female
- 16 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 17 setenil de la bodegas and/or Ronda spain
- 18 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 19 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 20 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 21 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 22 Train from Le Havre to Paris
- 23 travel to western Europe from India
- 24 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 25 Scotland on a farm by horse?