This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itenerary Opinion
- 2 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 3 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 4 venice to lucca by car
- 5 Ecstacy of St. Teresa Under Renovation?
- 6 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 7 10 Days trip to Europe
- 8 Northern Spain
- 9 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 10 London-Paris solo trip
- 11 Healthy eating in Rome
- 12 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 13 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 14 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 15 Shoppingin Spain
- 16 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 17 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 18 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 19 Where to stay around Munich
- 20 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 21 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 22 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 23 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 24 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 25 Daytrip Ideas from Assisi (leaving this Saturday)