This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 2 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 3 Suggestions for What To Do in Bologna or Surrounds on May 1
- 4 Slovenia itinerary
- 5 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 6 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 7 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 8 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 9 Paris Hotels- Le Meurice or Le Royal Monceau Raffles
- 10 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 11 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 12 Is Capri overrated?
- 13 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 14 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 15 Two days in Switzerland, landing in Geneva
- 16 9 days in switzerland
- 17 5 day Madrid itinerary help
- 18 Bus ride to Positano
- 19 Driving in Germany and Austria
- 20 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 21 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 22 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 23 Amsterdam restaurants
- 24 Greece for a month with a baby
- 25 Wine tour in Chianti