This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Best beach in Europe
- 2 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 3 Help? Berlin (or Prague) dentist
- 4 The suitcases ar going to Provence
- 5 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 6 Time to go through customs London, Stansted
- 7 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 8 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 9 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 10 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 11 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 12 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 13 Northern Spain
- 14 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 15 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 16 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 17 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 18 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 19 explore Italy on a budget
- 20 Itenerary Opinion
- 21 Transportation
- 22 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 23 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 24 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 25 Parking in Alhambra for two days