This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 2 Puglia
- 3 Stonehenge and Bath
- 4 Manchester on derby weekend
- 5 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 6 My First Trip to Europe...
- 7 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 8 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 9 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 10 France to stop making foie grois
- 11 train from ravenna to parma
- 12 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 13 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 14 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 15 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 18 Madrid city centre?
- 19 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 20 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 21 counselling in West London
- 22 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 23 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 24 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 25 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/