This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 2 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 3 Overnight in Obidos or Nazare?
- 4 CapitaineTrain.com again !!!!!
- 5 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 6 Barcelona sites: attire
- 7 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 8 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 9 short trip klon to koblenz
- 10 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 11 Umbria/Tuscany/Le Marche villa suggestions for large group
- 12 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 13 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 14 Barcelona Itinerary
- 15 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 16 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 17 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 18 Day trip suggestions from Beaune, France & Burgundy
- 19 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 20 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 21 What train pass for Paris?
- 22 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 23 Rome Walking Guide
- 24 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 25 Paris Visite pass