This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers)
We are a family of 4 Adults and 3 kids (aged 3, 4 and 9) will be in Rome till 29th of July(7 days). We would be heading to Venice for 2 days. Should we make it 3 days?
What is the best way to reach Venice(of course with out paying over the roof)? I guess train is the answer. Should we get the tickets in advance.
We are hoping to find an accommodation (B&B, Apt or Hotel) under 300EUR. Do you think it is realistic or need to revisit the budget (have some flexibility). Which areas are better in terms of less crowd and walkable distance.
Any suggestion on B&B, Apt or hotel will be very helpful.(some of my search for B&B was unsuccessful)
The other concern is the activities and places to visit other than San Marco(should we avoid it during days times). Any suggestions/help on these too would be great.
At the end of our visit we are thinking of renting a Van/Car(7 Seater) to visit Padua and then to Tuscany for 4 days.(I will open another topic on Tuscany/Florence)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 2 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 3 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 6 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 10 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 13 "Never Mind"
- 14 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 15 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 16 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 17 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 18 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 19 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 20 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 23 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 24 First time in Bulgaria
- 25 Comments on locations/sestieri, please