I am looking for some guidance re. itinerary for the Alsace region given limited time and a wide array of ages.
I will be spending 2 days and an evening in Alsace with my family in early August. We are renting a house in Nambsheim and will have 5 adults (including 2 grandparents) and 4 kids in tow (ages 4, 6, 8, 10). We arrive on Sunday late afternoon following a wedding in Germany (Nettetal, near Dusseldorf). We are driving down in rental cars. We will have all day Monday & Tuesday and then need to drive to Paris on Wednesday morning.
In terms of items on our list to see, we definitely wanted to see Colmar and possibly the castle at Château du Haut-Kœnigsbourg (www.haut-koenigsbourg.fr) and Riquewihr.
We will have a babysitter on one of the nights and would ideally like to drop off the kids and then have an adult stop at a winery followed by dinner.
I welcome feedback about your favorite places to go, priorities, possible itinerary, favorite restaurants etc. Do we need to book wineries in advance or is it possible to play it by ear?
Many thanks, in advance, for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Norwegian Air?
- 3 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 6 Highclare Castle
- 7 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 8 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 9 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 10 Salzburg itinerary review
- 11 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 14 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 21 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 22 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 23 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017