I am looking for some guidance re. itinerary for the Alsace region given limited time and a wide array of ages.
I will be spending 2 days and an evening in Alsace with my family in early August. We are renting a house in Nambsheim and will have 5 adults (including 2 grandparents) and 4 kids in tow (ages 4, 6, 8, 10). We arrive on Sunday late afternoon following a wedding in Germany (Nettetal, near Dusseldorf). We are driving down in rental cars. We will have all day Monday & Tuesday and then need to drive to Paris on Wednesday morning.
In terms of items on our list to see, we definitely wanted to see Colmar and possibly the castle at Château du Haut-Kœnigsbourg (www.haut-koenigsbourg.fr) and Riquewihr.
We will have a babysitter on one of the nights and would ideally like to drop off the kids and then have an adult stop at a winery followed by dinner.
I welcome feedback about your favorite places to go, priorities, possible itinerary, favorite restaurants etc. Do we need to book wineries in advance or is it possible to play it by ear?
Many thanks, in advance, for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 2 Norway Itinerary
- 3 train or plane
- 4 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 5 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 8 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 9 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 10 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 11 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 12 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 13 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 14 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 15 A Month stay in Southern France
- 16 restaurants in Marais district
- 17 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 18 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 23 Shoes in Scotland
- 24 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 25 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???