I am looking for some guidance re. itinerary for the Alsace region given limited time and a wide array of ages.
I will be spending 2 days and an evening in Alsace with my family in early August. We are renting a house in Nambsheim and will have 5 adults (including 2 grandparents) and 4 kids in tow (ages 4, 6, 8, 10). We arrive on Sunday late afternoon following a wedding in Germany (Nettetal, near Dusseldorf). We are driving down in rental cars. We will have all day Monday & Tuesday and then need to drive to Paris on Wednesday morning.
In terms of items on our list to see, we definitely wanted to see Colmar and possibly the castle at Château du Haut-Kœnigsbourg (www.haut-koenigsbourg.fr) and Riquewihr.
We will have a babysitter on one of the nights and would ideally like to drop off the kids and then have an adult stop at a winery followed by dinner.
I welcome feedback about your favorite places to go, priorities, possible itinerary, favorite restaurants etc. Do we need to book wineries in advance or is it possible to play it by ear?
Many thanks, in advance, for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Piedmont as a destination
- 2 dinner jackets
- 3 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 4 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 5 Vatican City questions
- 6 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 7 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 8 Garda Land
- 9 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 14 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 15 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 16 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 20 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 21 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 22 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 23 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 24 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 25 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help