I am looking for some guidance re. itinerary for the Alsace region given limited time and a wide array of ages.
I will be spending 2 days and an evening in Alsace with my family in early August. We are renting a house in Nambsheim and will have 5 adults (including 2 grandparents) and 4 kids in tow (ages 4, 6, 8, 10). We arrive on Sunday late afternoon following a wedding in Germany (Nettetal, near Dusseldorf). We are driving down in rental cars. We will have all day Monday & Tuesday and then need to drive to Paris on Wednesday morning.
In terms of items on our list to see, we definitely wanted to see Colmar and possibly the castle at Château du Haut-Kœnigsbourg (www.haut-koenigsbourg.fr) and Riquewihr.
We will have a babysitter on one of the nights and would ideally like to drop off the kids and then have an adult stop at a winery followed by dinner.
I welcome feedback about your favorite places to go, priorities, possible itinerary, favorite restaurants etc. Do we need to book wineries in advance or is it possible to play it by ear?
Many thanks, in advance, for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 3 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 4 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 5 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 8 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 9 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 10 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 11 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 12 Maximizing Norway time
- 13 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 14 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 15 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 16 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 17 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 18 Hiking in Switzerland
- 19 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 20 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 21 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 22 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 23 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 24 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?