Hi travel friends,
My husband and I are finally planning a trip to Europe. Neither of us has ever been. We are looking at 2-3 weeks in April /May. Scotland is very high on our list. I was just hoping you can help shape our itinerary and provide general tips for planning. We are big fans of beer, hiking /nature, and are seeking a good mix of picturesque smaller towns and cities.
Was thinking about Scotland (Edinburgh, Oban with day trips to Glencoe and other highland areas), Germany (Munich, Bavaria), and northern Italy (Genoa, Portofino, and suggestions for a northern lake town?).
I have also considered Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, or Austria instead of Italy. Thoughts? Too ambitious for 16-21 days? Other suggestions? If I have to make a shorter trip, what should I prioritize? As a first time traveler, any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 2 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 3 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 4 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 5 Loire or Provence in January?
- 6 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 7 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 8 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 9 Rome or Venice first
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 13 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 14 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 15 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 16 Europe First Timers
- 17 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 18 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 19 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 20 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 21 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 22 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 23 Rome and Amalfi Coast Trip Report
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
Hi travel friends,