Hi travel friends,
My husband and I are finally planning a trip to Europe. Neither of us has ever been. We are looking at 2-3 weeks in April /May. Scotland is very high on our list. I was just hoping you can help shape our itinerary and provide general tips for planning. We are big fans of beer, hiking /nature, and are seeking a good mix of picturesque smaller towns and cities.
Was thinking about Scotland (Edinburgh, Oban with day trips to Glencoe and other highland areas), Germany (Munich, Bavaria), and northern Italy (Genoa, Portofino, and suggestions for a northern lake town?).
I have also considered Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, or Austria instead of Italy. Thoughts? Too ambitious for 16-21 days? Other suggestions? If I have to make a shorter trip, what should I prioritize? As a first time traveler, any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visa Query
- 2 London in Winter Report
- 3 Visit to Sardinia
- 4 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 5 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 6 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 7 Legal documents assistants
- 8 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 9 ATM help
- 10 ATM
- 11 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 12 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 13 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 14 London is it worth it?
- 15 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 16 Montserrat Express
- 17 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 20 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 21 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 22 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 23 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 24 International drivers permit
- 25 Places to stop/stay?
Hi travel friends,