Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
12 days in Germany - itinerary needs your critique!
Hello to everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 2 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 3 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 4 Madrid and London
- 5 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 6 What to wear
- 7 italy
- 8 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 9 Side trip from Geneva
- 10 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 11 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 12 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 13 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 14 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 15 7 Nights in Paris
- 16 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 17 21 Days in Central Europe
- 18 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 19 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 20 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 21 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 24 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 25 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets