Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
12 days in Germany - itinerary needs your critique!
Hello to everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 2 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 3 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 4 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 5 1st time to europe- from 0ct 3-26 2014 train advance ticket advice
- 6 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 7 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 8 Interested In Coach Passes
- 9 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 10 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 11 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 12 Alterations to night trains routes
- 13 first family trip to Switzerland
- 14 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 15 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 16 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 17 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 18 Pisa or Siena?
- 19 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 20 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 21 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 22 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 23 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 24 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 25 Germany with friends who have never been there