Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 3 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 4 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 5 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 6 Camogli and surrounds
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 9 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 10 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 11 2 days in Florence
- 12 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 15 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 16 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 17 Les Invalides Night Show
- 18 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 19 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 20 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 21 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 22 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 23 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 24 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
Hello to everyone!