Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
12 days in Germany - itinerary needs your critique!
Hello to everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 2 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 3 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 4 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 5 3 Countries - Bar Trip - need advice
- 6 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 7 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 8 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 9 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 10 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 11 Shoe/boot help for Munich and Berlin
- 12 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 13 Is Venice really dirty?
- 14 My Google Maps
- 15 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 16 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 19 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 20 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 21 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 22 italy - france - germany
- 23 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 24 Planning Europe trip
- 25 Riva del Garda to Rome