Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips question
- 2 tipping
- 3 Positano: Hotel Posa Posa, Hotel Royal
- 4 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 5 What clothes?
- 6 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 7 Douro Valley 3 nights
- 8 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 9 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 10 From Galway: go north or south???
- 11 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 12 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 13 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 14 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 15 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 16 4 Country Itinerary
- 17 Looking for Private Driver in Bologna
- 18 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 19 Rome at Christmas
- 20 Advice about Naples?
- 21 London Paris
- 22 Santorini and Positano.
- 23 Romania: Visa and Schengen
- 24 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 25 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
Hello to everyone!