Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Central and Northern Italy
- 2 Car rental Pick up location in Florence and drop off in Venice
- 3 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 4 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 5 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 6 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 7 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 8 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 9 Cinqueterre
- 10 stonehenge day trip from london
- 11 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 12 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 13 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 14 Scotland Trip Report
- 15 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 16 Charming areas to explore in London
- 17 Trip to Ireland in September
- 18 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 19 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 20 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 21 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 22 Cornwall UK
- 23 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 24 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 25 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
Hello to everyone!