Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 2 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 3 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 4 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 7 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 8 Praiano
- 9 Rouen Tour Companies
- 10 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 13 Ireland itinerary help please
- 14 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 15 Ronda Wine/biking
- 16 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Perugia
- 19 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 20 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 21 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 22 Areas in Milan
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
Hello to everyone!