Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seine river cruise help
- 2 Budapest main train station status
- 3 Help with 16-night Sept-Oct Itinerary for Croatia
- 4 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 5 Touring Rome
- 6 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 7 Men's attire for touring
- 8 England/Scotland in January?
- 9 Curiosity
- 10 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 11 Driving from Mostar to Dubrovnik Airport
- 12 Traveling between Madrid and Barcelona
- 13 Scotland itinerary
- 14 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 15 Debit card usage in Norway
- 16 PASSPORT number changed
- 17 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 18 Lake Bled, Slovenia by Train
- 19 London During Rugby International September 2015
- 20 a starting itinerary
- 21 Edinburg for 24 hous
- 22 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 23 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 24 Sicily itinerary advice please
- 25 Hotels in Vienna
Hello to everyone!