Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 2 Day River trips from Porto
- 3 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 4 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 5 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 6 3 months to travel Europe!
- 7 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 8 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 9 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 10 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 11 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 12 Places to visits near Porto
- 13 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 14 Tour or independent
- 15 What to see in Dresden...
- 16 Vet my itinerary
- 17 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 18 Where is the best place/area to stay in Athens?
- 19 8 days in switzerland
- 20 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 21 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 22 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 23 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 24 Car Rental in Iceland
- 25 Rent in Paris - Long stay
Hello to everyone!