Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris gtg in October?
- 2 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Romantic Restaurants in Venice and Sunset Gondola Ride spots
- 5 Trains France/Switzerland
- 6 Is Venice overrated?
- 7 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 8 Belgian airports
- 9 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 10 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 11 Greece Travel Advice
- 12 Florence pass yeh or neh
- 13 European Championship
- 14 Lake Garda- Italy
- 15 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 16 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 17 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 18 Brussels Airport
- 19 Traveling through Bucharest, Budapest, Zagreb and Belgrade
- 20 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 21 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 22 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 23 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 24 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 25 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
Hello to everyone!