Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 2 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 3 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 4 London-Paris solo trip
- 5 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 6 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 7 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 8 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 9 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 10 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 11 French Prem Train Fares
- 12 Northern Spain
- 13 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 14 Shoppingin Spain
- 15 Dublin to Dingle?
- 16 To Hampton Court Palace
- 17 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 18 Anyone have a good word to say about Zurich?
- 19 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 20 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old
- 21 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 22 venice to lucca by car
- 23 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 24 Athens Hotels Plaka
- 25 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
Hello to everyone!