Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip: Bamberg to the Czech Republic
- 2 EU Citizenship & the Schengen Visa
- 3 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 4 which michelin maps needed?
- 5 which dordogne caves AND in which order?
- 6 Texting in France
- 7 Thinking of moving to Austria
- 8 London, England, alone or with a tour group?
- 9 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 10 Boutiques in Bristol
- 11 Still another Normandy question
- 12 Ostia Antica or Borghese Gallery?
- 13 21 day France trip booked w lodging. Now what do I need to focus on?
- 14 NYE Paris
- 15 Driving to Larrun (La Rhune) Spain
- 16 Paris accomodation
- 17 London: Xmas Break Trip - One Week Itinerary
- 18 Cars in France
- 19 Greek island advice
- 20 Geiranger - Trollstigen
- 21 Paris CDG airport ATM service,
- 22 All French taxis now obliged to accept cards
- 23 Christmas in Spain
- 24 Rome/Florence
- 25 Bahn sales
Hello to everyone!