Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 2 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 3 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 4 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 5 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 6 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 7 Breakfast: London
- 8 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 9 Montpellier to Arles
- 10 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 11 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 12 Loire Valley itinerary
- 13 Sightseeing Around Belgrade, Serbia
- 14 Currency
- 15 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 16 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 17 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 18 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???
- 19 Europe Itinerary
- 20 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 21 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 22 Poland Tour Group
- 23 5 Irish in Amsterdam, Dresden, Berlin
- 24 10 nights in Italy for a first timer
- 25 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
Hello to everyone!