Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
12 days in Germany - itinerary needs your critique!
Hello to everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid and London
- 2 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 3 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 4 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 5 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 6 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 7 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 8 Ireland Southwest
- 9 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 10 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 11 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 12 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 13 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 14 What to wear
- 15 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 16 3 weeks in Europe
- 17 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 18 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 19 Monet in Normandy
- 20 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 21 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 22 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 23 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 24 Matisse at Tate
- 25 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School