Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
12 days in Germany - itinerary needs your critique!
Hello to everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whose repsonsible?
- 2 Italy things to do?
- 3 Spending money in Italy?
- 4 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 5 stop in lisboa or not
- 6 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 7 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 8 Croacia in october
- 9 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 10 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 11 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 12 Sweet 16 Iceland Trip -- suggestions please
- 13 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 14 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 15 Getting From Italy to London
- 16 Stay away from EF Tours
- 17 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 19 Getting cash in Spain
- 20 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 21 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 22 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 23 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 24 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 25 How to do St. Petersburg in 24 or 48 hours with no visa?