Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
12 days in Germany - itinerary needs your critique!
Hello to everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 2 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 3 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 4 Day Trips from Paris
- 5 Ireland's west coast
- 6 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 7 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 8 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 9 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 10 South of Switzerland
- 11 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 12 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 13 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 14 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 15 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 16 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 17 Home Base in Belgium
- 18 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 19 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 20 Rocamaxour
- 21 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 22 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 23 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 Itinerary for Spain