Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
12 days in Germany - itinerary needs your critique!
Hello to everyone!
- 1 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 5 Belgium
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 8 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 9 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 10 7 days in Andalucia
- 11 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 12 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 13 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 14 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 15 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 16 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 17 Chambermaid tipping
- 18 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 19 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 20 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 21 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 22 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 23 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Apartments in Rome