Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
12 days in Germany - itinerary needs your critique!
Hello to everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 5 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 6 Italy
- 7 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 8 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 11 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 12 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 13 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 14 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 15 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 16 5am arrival in Dublin
- 17 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 18 Ste Remy France
- 19 10 Hours in Brussels
- 20 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 21 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 22 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 23 destination wedding
- 24 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 25 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?