Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Absolute best neighborhood to stay in for first time in Istanbul?
- 2 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 3 Checking email
- 4 Attractions in Ostia Antica
- 5 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 6 Natinoal parks, which one?
- 7 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 8 The Road to Ruins - 25 Days in Istanbul & Road Tripping thru Western Turkey
- 9 Looking to avoid big events on trip to Amsterdam, Lucerne, Salz. and Prague
- 10 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 11 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 12 Montpellier - A few questions
- 13 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 14 Vienna or Munich
- 15 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 16 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 17 Booking flights! Best timing for kids?
- 18 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 19 Itinerary help for 17 night trip to Spain and France October
- 20 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 21 Schegen Question- Leaving w/Visa and Reentry as Tourist
- 22 2 Week Balkan Adventure
- 23 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 24 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 25 Munich or Fussen for Bavaria Region?
Hello to everyone!