I'm planning my first trip to Spain this summer. I've been told that due to the heat etc I'd be best going to Northern Spain at this time of year and then to somewhere like Sevilla later in the autumn.
From my nearest airport I can get flights into/out of Bilbao, Santander, Santiago, Bacra, Girona, Reus & Madrid.
In terms of interests, I like food, most outdoor (non water based) activitites, old architecture, people watching, wandering around old towns/villages and wine - although I'm no expert! I would like to avoid most overcrowded tourist traps - unless there is something that is a must to see/do in the region.
For Northern Spain would I be best stayign inland slightly and also what is public travel like in this region?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 4 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 5 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 6 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 9 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 8 Days in Spain
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Scenic cruise advice
- 17 Barcelona alternative
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 20 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 God Save the Queen?
- 23 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 24 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras