I'm planning my first trip to Spain this summer. I've been told that due to the heat etc I'd be best going to Northern Spain at this time of year and then to somewhere like Sevilla later in the autumn.
From my nearest airport I can get flights into/out of Bilbao, Santander, Santiago, Bacra, Girona, Reus & Madrid.
In terms of interests, I like food, most outdoor (non water based) activitites, old architecture, people watching, wandering around old towns/villages and wine - although I'm no expert! I would like to avoid most overcrowded tourist traps - unless there is something that is a must to see/do in the region.
For Northern Spain would I be best stayign inland slightly and also what is public travel like in this region?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 4 Salzburg itinerary review
- 5 Paris in November
- 6 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 7 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 8 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 9 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 10 Shorts in South of France?
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 13 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 16 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 17 Bath/Cotswolds
- 18 Reports on trekking in Iceland
- 19 Thinking about the Fjords
- 20 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 21 Globus Iberian Tour
- 22 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 23 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 24 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 25 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch