I'm planning my first trip to Spain this summer. I've been told that due to the heat etc I'd be best going to Northern Spain at this time of year and then to somewhere like Sevilla later in the autumn.
From my nearest airport I can get flights into/out of Bilbao, Santander, Santiago, Bacra, Girona, Reus & Madrid.
In terms of interests, I like food, most outdoor (non water based) activitites, old architecture, people watching, wandering around old towns/villages and wine - although I'm no expert! I would like to avoid most overcrowded tourist traps - unless there is something that is a must to see/do in the region.
For Northern Spain would I be best stayign inland slightly and also what is public travel like in this region?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Outlook@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Iceland france spain
- 3 Paris hotel
- 4 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 5 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 6 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 7 Spanish food - not that special?
- 8 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 9 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 10 Maximizing Norway time
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 13 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 14 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 Ex-pats with young kids
- 17 Greece
- 18 southeast sicily town as home base
- 19 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 20 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 21 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 22 London with Teens Trip Report
- 23 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 24 Top Tapas Tascas
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!