My 90.5 year old aunt just mentioned that she is thinking of taking an extended – perhaps year-long – cruise around the world before moving into a retirement community. She is amazingly energetic and in very good health for her age. She has traveled extensively, although I don’t believe she went on any cruises. I would love to help her gather information about her options and hope that the Fodorite community will help me do that. Because I have never taken a cruise, I don’t even know where to begin! Any comments, suggestions, or tips would be most welcome. Thanks in advance!
Year-long cruise around the world?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 2 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 3 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 4 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 5 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 6 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 7 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 8 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 9 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 10 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 11 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 12 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 13 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 14 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 15 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way
- 16 seascanner.com
- 17 Noordam VF4038
- 18 hotel park and cruise? Seattle
- 19 Norwegian Jewel or Canvial Freedom?
- 20 Mediterranean cruise
- 21 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 22 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 23 volendam or Noordam
- 24 Holland America Veendam
- 25 transfers in Venice