My 90.5 year old aunt just mentioned that she is thinking of taking an extended – perhaps year-long – cruise around the world before moving into a retirement community. She is amazingly energetic and in very good health for her age. She has traveled extensively, although I don’t believe she went on any cruises. I would love to help her gather information about her options and hope that the Fodorite community will help me do that. Because I have never taken a cruise, I don’t even know where to begin! Any comments, suggestions, or tips would be most welcome. Thanks in advance!
Year-long cruise around the world?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Staying active on a river cruise
- 2 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 3 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 4 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 5 Back from Epic cruise
- 6 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 7 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 8 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 9 Which cruise one to use??
- 10 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 11 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 12 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 13 Formal nights on cruise
- 14 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 15 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 16 Cruises for singles
- 17 Nov. cruise- Greek Islands, Rome Venice--what clothing to pack for daytime?
- 18 RCL's Southern Caribbean voyage on Explorer of the Seas
- 19 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 20 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 21 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 22 Tours in Greece
- 23 Azamara Quest - Malaysia Jan 2015
- 24 Cruise recommendation for Caribbean
- 25 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise