I'm really interested in taking a cruise, most likely a "singles" cruise. I as many have posted about, also found the singlescurise.com site and so far I think it's a great opportunity. Their cruises use other lines (like carnival), so it's not exclusively single, but that doesn't bother me personally. What I like is they do have special social events designed to meet people (dance classes, wine tasting, meet and greets, excursions for only those in the singles cruise group, and more) and they are all optional. Basically, everything about their cruise offerings so far I love! Here are my concerns, and hopes, please anyone who has taken a singles cruise/cruised solo/known some who has/who has any advice or experience in this area please help!
1) MY HOPE: To meet people, I am not really looking for love, mostly friends. I personally am financially stable enough to travel, explore, etc. with out breaking my bank. My friends, unfortunately are not. Most are still in grad school, or don't have the finances to travel. I'm hoping to meet people, make friends who enjoy and can travel, and have a good relaxing time.
2) MY FEAR: Although I am outgoing enough, I would be able to handle a singles cruise where people are 10 years older then me (I'm in my mid 20's, and I know most single cruisers are 40+), I don't want to book with this cruise line if there's a better option? The cruise has been honest with me about ratios and age, and even suggested certain cruises to avoid so I don't feel so alone, which I appreciated. But if anyone knows of a better cruise to take, please let me know.
3) MY CONCERN: Like I mentioned, I am strong enough socially that any trip I go on, I will enjoy and meet people. I would just prefer to meet people close to my age, and be able to relax. But the stigma behind single cruises does have me concerned because I don't want to be the only one with my mindset...and end up feeling more alone or stressed then able to enjoy myself. At the same time I know that this is a great opportunity to meet people and enjoy life! Especially taking a winter cruise coming from cold winters that last until mid april! Is this "stigma" real for someone my age? (again, mid 20's). Are there better options for cruises? Or even other trips? Or is this all in my head, similar to the idea that Disney is only for children of a certain age, or museums are only for education and not enjoyment?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 2 Small Ship Alaska
- 3 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 4 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 5 Pre-cruise hotel
- 6 Amadeus river cruise
- 7 The Baltic - When itinerary means everything
- 8 There IS a difference between a travel and cruise agent..
- 9 We finally made up our minds...
- 10 Touring on your own with Viking River Cruise
- 11 Mediterranean cruise- first week of May?
- 12 Viking Ocean Cruise
- 13 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 14 Caribbean Update
- 15 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 16 A Transatlantic including Boston/NYC/Bermuda/Nassau and Miami
- 17 One way cruise to Europe from FL
- 18 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 19 Windstar Sea Breeze
- 20 river cruises what do you love
- 21 Rhine River Cruise with AMAwaterways
- 22 NYC Tour before cruise
- 23 UNIWORLD River Beatrice Budapest to Prague
- 24 port excursion recommendations
- 25 Caribbean in 17/18