We recently took a 7 days Greek Island cruise on the m/s H&B I motoring yacht out of Piraeus, Greece. 20 passengers onboard - could accommodate up to 40. Problems plagued the ship from the start. Foul odors from the bathrooms and showers that contaminated the sleeping area non-stop. Virtually no hot water (so how were the dishes sanitized?). We were given a rating sheet at the end of the cruise - nobody rated the ship above a "Poor" category. Several asked for refunds. Trips were booked through Viking Cruises in the USA and Nexus Cruises in Greece. Neither responded adequately to complaints other than offering a weak "canned" response that the passengers were the problem for putting things in the toilets that were not allowed. This is absolutely not true - the odor was present immediately upon boarding. Complaints were made to crew members, the Captain, and the tour manager who was onboard the entire trip. They all kept responding - "We are fixing the problem." It was never fixed. Additionally, if you visit the Viking Cruise web page, they list under "Impressions" supposed newspaper and magazine articles praising their trips. Most of these are actually advertisements placed by them to hype their cruises. We cannot see how this ship passed any type of Inspection by the Greek Ministry or Coast Guard. A partial refund would have placated most of the passengers. The islands were fabulous, the food traditionally Greek, the crew friendly, and the Captain available - too bad the ship did not meet expectations.
Greek Island Cruise ms H & B
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Take my daughter on a one week cruise in March
- 2 Carnival's newest ship Carnival Vista deck plans
- 3 Alaska Cruise
- 4 MSC Divina Caribbean Cruise
- 5 Assult on Golden Princess
- 6 Alaska in summer
- 7 Veendam vs. Summit
- 8 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 9 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 10 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
- 11 1 night in Denali
- 12 Optional Tours-Danube River Cruise with Viking
- 13 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 14 Antarctica Cruise
- 15 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 16 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 17 Cruise worries
- 18 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 19 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 20 RC Majesty of the seas versus Caribbean Princess
- 21 An Introduction to new member
- 22 Is dreamlines.nl scam?
- 23 Sunday in Livorno
- 24 Alaska Soutbound: Coral Princess or Zaandam?
- 25 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.