We recently took a 7 days Greek Island cruise on the m/s H&B I motoring yacht out of Piraeus, Greece. 20 passengers onboard - could accommodate up to 40. Problems plagued the ship from the start. Foul odors from the bathrooms and showers that contaminated the sleeping area non-stop. Virtually no hot water (so how were the dishes sanitized?). We were given a rating sheet at the end of the cruise - nobody rated the ship above a "Poor" category. Several asked for refunds. Trips were booked through Viking Cruises in the USA and Nexus Cruises in Greece. Neither responded adequately to complaints other than offering a weak "canned" response that the passengers were the problem for putting things in the toilets that were not allowed. This is absolutely not true - the odor was present immediately upon boarding. Complaints were made to crew members, the Captain, and the tour manager who was onboard the entire trip. They all kept responding - "We are fixing the problem." It was never fixed. Additionally, if you visit the Viking Cruise web page, they list under "Impressions" supposed newspaper and magazine articles praising their trips. Most of these are actually advertisements placed by them to hype their cruises. We cannot see how this ship passed any type of Inspection by the Greek Ministry or Coast Guard. A partial refund would have placated most of the passengers. The islands were fabulous, the food traditionally Greek, the crew friendly, and the Captain available - too bad the ship did not meet expectations.
Greek Island Cruise ms H & B
View all Cruises activity »
- 1 Navigator of the Seas deck plan changes after 2014 refurbishment
- 2 Post cruise Rome stay
- 3 trip insurance
- 4 Are Belize and Roatan (or any) planned Excursions worth it-?
- 5 Has anyone used Online Vacation Center to book a cruise?
- 6 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 7 Royal Caribbean's new cruise ship Anthem of the Seas itineraries
- 8 Opinions of Alla Tours in St. Petersburg
- 9 Christmas on a Christmas River Cruise
- 10 Panama Canal cruise questions
- 11 Cruises to Alaska
- 12 20-Day Cruise from Sydney to PNG and Other Islands....
- 13 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 14 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 15 Where to stay near Port Civitavecchia, Italy?
- 16 Pride of America
- 17 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 18 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 19 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 20 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 21 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 22 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 23 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 24 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 25 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?