We recently took a 7 days Greek Island cruise on the m/s H&B I motoring yacht out of Piraeus, Greece. 20 passengers onboard - could accommodate up to 40. Problems plagued the ship from the start. Foul odors from the bathrooms and showers that contaminated the sleeping area non-stop. Virtually no hot water (so how were the dishes sanitized?). We were given a rating sheet at the end of the cruise - nobody rated the ship above a "Poor" category. Several asked for refunds. Trips were booked through Viking Cruises in the USA and Nexus Cruises in Greece. Neither responded adequately to complaints other than offering a weak "canned" response that the passengers were the problem for putting things in the toilets that were not allowed. This is absolutely not true - the odor was present immediately upon boarding. Complaints were made to crew members, the Captain, and the tour manager who was onboard the entire trip. They all kept responding - "We are fixing the problem." It was never fixed. Additionally, if you visit the Viking Cruise web page, they list under "Impressions" supposed newspaper and magazine articles praising their trips. Most of these are actually advertisements placed by them to hype their cruises. We cannot see how this ship passed any type of Inspection by the Greek Ministry or Coast Guard. A partial refund would have placated most of the passengers. The islands were fabulous, the food traditionally Greek, the crew friendly, and the Captain available - too bad the ship did not meet expectations.
Greek Island Cruise ms H & B
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Nasca flight in Pisco
- 2 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 3 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 4 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 5 Recent Crystal Cruise experiences?
- 6 transfers in Venice
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Alaska
- 9 Silversea the BEST
- 10 Mediterranean cruise
- 11 Civitavecchia port to rail
- 12 Finding a private tour guide for Tunis/Carthage
- 13 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 14 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 15 Celebrity Solstice Nov.2012--Dubai/Singapore- Re visa for India??
- 16 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 17 Steep cruise discounts
- 18 Halloween cruise on Enchantment of the Sea
- 19 Experience on Noordam of Holland America
- 20 Short luxury cruise
- 21 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 22 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 23 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 24 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 25 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC