We recently took a 7 days Greek Island cruise on the m/s H&B I motoring yacht out of Piraeus, Greece. 20 passengers onboard - could accommodate up to 40. Problems plagued the ship from the start. Foul odors from the bathrooms and showers that contaminated the sleeping area non-stop. Virtually no hot water (so how were the dishes sanitized?). We were given a rating sheet at the end of the cruise - nobody rated the ship above a "Poor" category. Several asked for refunds. Trips were booked through Viking Cruises in the USA and Nexus Cruises in Greece. Neither responded adequately to complaints other than offering a weak "canned" response that the passengers were the problem for putting things in the toilets that were not allowed. This is absolutely not true - the odor was present immediately upon boarding. Complaints were made to crew members, the Captain, and the tour manager who was onboard the entire trip. They all kept responding - "We are fixing the problem." It was never fixed. Additionally, if you visit the Viking Cruise web page, they list under "Impressions" supposed newspaper and magazine articles praising their trips. Most of these are actually advertisements placed by them to hype their cruises. We cannot see how this ship passed any type of Inspection by the Greek Ministry or Coast Guard. A partial refund would have placated most of the passengers. The islands were fabulous, the food traditionally Greek, the crew friendly, and the Captain available - too bad the ship did not meet expectations.
Greek Island Cruise ms H & B
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 2 Are drinks packages worth buying?
- 3 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 4 Loved my Avalon Tulip Time River Cruise!
- 5 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 6 Viking or Uniworld for Egypt/Nile
- 7 St. Petersburg, Russia Port Tour
- 8 Greece Italy Cruise
- 9 Cruise: last minute price- 4 nights from Auckland to Melbourne 1 Feb 2016
- 10 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 11 Ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
- 12 southern caribbean shore excursions
- 13 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 14 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 15 Best time of year to avoid drunken crowds? Cruise lines to avoid?
- 16 Cruise room options for three people
- 17 12 Day Cruise with 2 Kids under 3
- 18 Tauck Danube cruise
- 19 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 20 First Time Alaska Cruise
- 21 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 22 New charge on NCL
- 23 returning rental car in Southampton
- 24 Aug 1, Baltic cruise on Caribbean Princess
- 25 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France