I took a river cruise in the South of France with Grand Circle Travel this past Christmas. On the very first night of the cruise, I was sexually groped by the Hotel Manager, Mario, as I was trying to get into my room!! I was totally shocked and in disbelief and was able to get into my room after I pushed him off me. Since he was in charge and this was such a small ship, there was no one I could tell and I was also afraid at what he might do. I notified GCT when I returned to the States, and I got jerked around for 5 months by two top reps there. I finally got a letter from GCT five months later stating that the hotel manager denied the accusations (of course he did, he’s married) and they put him on probation (slap on the hand). They also stated that they didn’t feel I was entitled to any any sort of compensation. Not only was this trip expensive, it was my first trip to Europe and my whole trip was ruined by the hotel manager, an employee of GCT! I was humiliated and embarrassed. It got to the point where I had my roommate go to the front desk to get our room keys, etc. since the manager was always at the desk. This jerk continued to flirt with me the entire week even though I was very cold to him, so I was extremely uncomfortable the whole week. And being such a small ship, I didn’t want to cause a scene; I didn’t know what he would do! I would never travel with GCT again. Single women, beware, GCT has no respect for our safety, well being or feelings! This behavior might be ok in France, but not here in the States, and this should not be tolerated by an American-based company!
Grand Circle Travel
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Power converters for onboard cruise
- 2 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 3 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 4 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 5 river cruise cabins
- 6 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 7 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 8 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 9 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 10 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 11 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 12 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 13 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 14 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?
- 15 Legend of the Seas - July 20th Shore Excursions?
- 16 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 17 Budgeting for on-board spending
- 18 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 19 First Time Cruiser -- Travel Agent Yes or No?
- 20 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 21 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 22 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 23 What mistakes did you make as a newbie cruiser?
- 24 Aida pulls out of Israel. Shrapnel on deck!
- 25 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia