I took a river cruise in the South of France with Grand Circle Travel this past Christmas. On the very first night of the cruise, I was sexually groped by the Hotel Manager, Mario, as I was trying to get into my room!! I was totally shocked and in disbelief and was able to get into my room after I pushed him off me. Since he was in charge and this was such a small ship, there was no one I could tell and I was also afraid at what he might do. I notified GCT when I returned to the States, and I got jerked around for 5 months by two top reps there. I finally got a letter from GCT five months later stating that the hotel manager denied the accusations (of course he did, he’s married) and they put him on probation (slap on the hand). They also stated that they didn’t feel I was entitled to any any sort of compensation. Not only was this trip expensive, it was my first trip to Europe and my whole trip was ruined by the hotel manager, an employee of GCT! I was humiliated and embarrassed. It got to the point where I had my roommate go to the front desk to get our room keys, etc. since the manager was always at the desk. This jerk continued to flirt with me the entire week even though I was very cold to him, so I was extremely uncomfortable the whole week. And being such a small ship, I didn’t want to cause a scene; I didn’t know what he would do! I would never travel with GCT again. Single women, beware, GCT has no respect for our safety, well being or feelings! This behavior might be ok in France, but not here in the States, and this should not be tolerated by an American-based company!
Grand Circle Travel
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cozmel Port Taxis
- 2 car rental from Miami Port
- 3 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 4 Sea sickness
- 5 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 6 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 7 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 8 Alaska
- 9 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 10 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 11 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 12 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 13 Staterooms
- 14 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 15 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 16 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 17 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 18 Parking in Miami
- 19 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 20 South Pacific
- 21 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 22 Celebrity Constellation
- 23 Please help with cruise planning.
- 24 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 25 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap