Thanks so much for your help with our trip. It was our first trip to St. Barth and we had such a great time, we extended our trip by two days (8 total). Please forgive typos.
Stayed at Le Toiny- perfect- romantic, private, wake up to the slight noises of breakfast being set up on your patio by your private pool, vegging at the beaches or by the pool all day, great food.
Le Gaiac- at Le Toiny- ate there or had room service probably four times, always good.
Francois Plantation House- probably our favorite nicer restaurant, but pretty intensely expensive ($300-400 for two).
Ti St. Barth- carribbean nightlife- great food, then they play disco music (at least on the weekends) and everyone ends up dancing on the tables (encouraged). We went there a second time during the week & it was geared more for the locals and the music was all french.
Select- cheeseburger in paradise restaurant, and the song was right
Sandbar at Eden Rock - great
Tamarin- near Saline beach, leisurely lunch, delicious & a very tropical feel.
L'esprit de Saline- mixed reviews, but my husband's meal was wonderful.
La Langouste at Flamands was our least favorite, although the people were great.
Beaches: Flamands- was really windy when we were there.
Gouvenoir (sic) - great beach, but the second time it was a little over the top, a cruise had come in & it was a zoo of naked bodies. The first time the clothing optional crowd were discreet - but the second... if you see a lot of taxi buses in the parking lot, go somewhere else.
Saline - our favorite. great for swimming, very peaceful.
Airports: St. Maarten (SXM) is a pit in the ground from which they have tried to make humans endure near fatal sweaty pains. Arrived from SB (what fun was the SB landing! just like a rollercoaster at Six Flags!) to SXM, went to one door to get the white immigration document, went to another line to get said document stamped. went to check in with AA. Every piece of luggage completely taken apart looking at a security checkpoint. then told that AA had cancelled our flight. we were told we should have been at SXM *three* hours earlier as per FAA regulations and they would have been able to get us on the miami flight. went to the brown export tax booth, went through the long line checking out of the country, went through the x-ray security machine (35 minute wait), waited for our plane, getting in line for getting on the plane, every bag was completely searched again. We waited in at least 7 lines. Don't cut your flights close in SXM, they are there to torture you. They also don't really take off on time or care if they do.
FYI Winnair seems more efficiently run than Air Carribe from SB. The flight from San Juan to DFW was easier and longer than going through Miami. San Juan Airport a breeze.
Next time we're going to check into chartering from San Juan to SB directly.
Best part of the trip: best vacation of our lives on our 10th wedding anniversary, worst part: Saint Maarten torture airport.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://supplementlab.org/alpha-muscle-complex/
- 2 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 3 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 4 St. Croix
- 5 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 6 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 9 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 10 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 11 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 12 Island Hopping
- 13 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 14 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 15 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Havana restaurants
- 18 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 19 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
- 20 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 21 What area of T&C to stay in?
- 22 Playa del Carmen vs. Negril vs. Other
- 23 Getting away in June
- 24 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 25 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!