We are planning a one week family vacation next winter (Jan/Feb, 2014) and need help deciding which island would best fit our needs. Friends suggested St. Lucia or Grenada. My husband's main focus is an uncrowded beach like in Corona's commercials. I enjoy history/architecture/native cultures. There will be 4 young adults (20's and 30's), two kids ages 6 mos. and 2 1/2 and my husband and I are healthy folks in our early 60's. T & C appears to have great beaches. Anguilla was recommended but air fare there from Denver was $1500 compared to $700 to St. Lucia or Grenada. We plan to rent a house so we can cook and save on expenses. The advice I've gotten from Fodors for trips to Europe has proven invaluable. This is a whole new arena for us and we could use some guidance. We aren't into cruises. We are looking for a safe place where we can interact with locals. Any ideas?
planning first trip to the islands
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 multiple family beach vacation
- 2 Clearest water and All Inclusive
- 3 Short trip to St. Martin/Day trip to Anguilla
- 4 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 5 Anguilla Beaches
- 6 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 7 Caribbean with grown kids
- 8 Cuba by car
- 9 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 10 Need a new vacation spot!
- 11 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 12 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 13 Mid October Honeymoon
- 14 Summer family vacation
- 15 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 16 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 17 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 18 Honeymoon destination?
- 19 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 20 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 21 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 22 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 23 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 24 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 25 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?