We are planning a one week family vacation next winter (Jan/Feb, 2014) and need help deciding which island would best fit our needs. Friends suggested St. Lucia or Grenada. My husband's main focus is an uncrowded beach like in Corona's commercials. I enjoy history/architecture/native cultures. There will be 4 young adults (20's and 30's), two kids ages 6 mos. and 2 1/2 and my husband and I are healthy folks in our early 60's. T & C appears to have great beaches. Anguilla was recommended but air fare there from Denver was $1500 compared to $700 to St. Lucia or Grenada. We plan to rent a house so we can cook and save on expenses. The advice I've gotten from Fodors for trips to Europe has proven invaluable. This is a whole new arena for us and we could use some guidance. We aren't into cruises. We are looking for a safe place where we can interact with locals. Any ideas?
planning first trip to the islands
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 On the beach staffed villa rental in the Caribbean
- 2 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 3 Barbados question where to stay
- 4 Barbados Ferry Service
- 5 HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C
- 6 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 7 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 8 BVI Honeymoon Help
- 9 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 10 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 11 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 12 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 13 Caribbean with grown kids
- 14 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 15 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 16 Driving in Aurba
- 17 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 18 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 19 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 20 Restaurant in Aruba
- 21 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 22 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 23 Providenciales Airport
- 24 2 weeks in Cuba
- 25 Grenada - looking for a CLEAN hotel for one night - suggestions?