Just returned from a week in St Barths! I have been to the majority of islands and stayed at a lot of nice resorts here and there (Caneel Bay, Little Dix, Ritz St Thomas, Ritz San Juan, El Conquistador PR) and loved this island. We flew into St Maarten and took WinAir over to St Barths. The new airport at St Maarten was working great, and our connection was very easy, in fact we were a little early so they just put us on the next flight out. As predicted, our luggage didn't make it to St Barths with us, but we anticipated that and had our bathing suits with us! We stayed at Isle de France in a garder bungalow. It was very spacious and beautiful. In true Euro fashion there are no doors or curtains on the shower though (why is that?). We had several spa treatments which were fantastic as well. It seemed the north side of the island in which we stayed had rougher waters and was a tad bit windy. We did go to the south and it was much calmer. Snorkling was just ok but I am not into that too much anyways. We had great dinners and lunches. We ate at Eden Rock one night and it was outstanding, Pacri the other night and it was even better! We rented a car for 3 days which was a great call to explore the island, be careful though, tight roads with BIG cliffs! My favorite night was our last night we ate in Gustava at a sushi resturant. They had a live band from NYC and it was very fun sitting at the bar drinking (have the Mojito!) listening to great music. All in all it was one of the nicest, friendliest places I've been, but beware, it was VERY expensinve (lunch for around $100, dinner $200). I would highly recommend though@
Just back from St Barths
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 2 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 3 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 4 Back from San Juan
- 5 Why Barbados?
- 6 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 7 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 8 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 9 Storm ?
- 10 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 11 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 12 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 13 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 14 Kristen- where are you?????
- 15 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 16 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 17 The Color of the Water
- 18 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 19 Anguilla stay?
- 20 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 21 Punta Cana excursions
- 22 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable
- 23 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 24 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 25 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba