Just returned from a week in St Barths! I have been to the majority of islands and stayed at a lot of nice resorts here and there (Caneel Bay, Little Dix, Ritz St Thomas, Ritz San Juan, El Conquistador PR) and loved this island. We flew into St Maarten and took WinAir over to St Barths. The new airport at St Maarten was working great, and our connection was very easy, in fact we were a little early so they just put us on the next flight out. As predicted, our luggage didn't make it to St Barths with us, but we anticipated that and had our bathing suits with us! We stayed at Isle de France in a garder bungalow. It was very spacious and beautiful. In true Euro fashion there are no doors or curtains on the shower though (why is that?). We had several spa treatments which were fantastic as well. It seemed the north side of the island in which we stayed had rougher waters and was a tad bit windy. We did go to the south and it was much calmer. Snorkling was just ok but I am not into that too much anyways. We had great dinners and lunches. We ate at Eden Rock one night and it was outstanding, Pacri the other night and it was even better! We rented a car for 3 days which was a great call to explore the island, be careful though, tight roads with BIG cliffs! My favorite night was our last night we ate in Gustava at a sushi resturant. They had a live band from NYC and it was very fun sitting at the bar drinking (have the Mojito!) listening to great music. All in all it was one of the nicest, friendliest places I've been, but beware, it was VERY expensinve (lunch for around $100, dinner $200). I would highly recommend though@
Just back from St Barths
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family with infants/toddlers
- 2 Ferry to Rum Point
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 6 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 7 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 8 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 9 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 10 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 11 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 12 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 13 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 14 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 15 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 16 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 17 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 18 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 19 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 20 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 21 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 22 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 23 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 24 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 25 Beaches Turks question