Just returned from a week in St Barths! I have been to the majority of islands and stayed at a lot of nice resorts here and there (Caneel Bay, Little Dix, Ritz St Thomas, Ritz San Juan, El Conquistador PR) and loved this island. We flew into St Maarten and took WinAir over to St Barths. The new airport at St Maarten was working great, and our connection was very easy, in fact we were a little early so they just put us on the next flight out. As predicted, our luggage didn't make it to St Barths with us, but we anticipated that and had our bathing suits with us! We stayed at Isle de France in a garder bungalow. It was very spacious and beautiful. In true Euro fashion there are no doors or curtains on the shower though (why is that?). We had several spa treatments which were fantastic as well. It seemed the north side of the island in which we stayed had rougher waters and was a tad bit windy. We did go to the south and it was much calmer. Snorkling was just ok but I am not into that too much anyways. We had great dinners and lunches. We ate at Eden Rock one night and it was outstanding, Pacri the other night and it was even better! We rented a car for 3 days which was a great call to explore the island, be careful though, tight roads with BIG cliffs! My favorite night was our last night we ate in Gustava at a sushi resturant. They had a live band from NYC and it was very fun sitting at the bar drinking (have the Mojito!) listening to great music. All in all it was one of the nicest, friendliest places I've been, but beware, it was VERY expensinve (lunch for around $100, dinner $200). I would highly recommend though@
Just back from St Barths
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to go in February/March
- 2 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 3 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 4 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 5 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 6 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 7 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 8 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 9 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 10 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 11 Which island?
- 12 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 13 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 18 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 19 Bahamas Resort
- 20 Which country?
- 21 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 22 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 23 Antigua or St Martin
- 24 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 25 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?