Just returned from a week in St Barths! I have been to the majority of islands and stayed at a lot of nice resorts here and there (Caneel Bay, Little Dix, Ritz St Thomas, Ritz San Juan, El Conquistador PR) and loved this island. We flew into St Maarten and took WinAir over to St Barths. The new airport at St Maarten was working great, and our connection was very easy, in fact we were a little early so they just put us on the next flight out. As predicted, our luggage didn't make it to St Barths with us, but we anticipated that and had our bathing suits with us! We stayed at Isle de France in a garder bungalow. It was very spacious and beautiful. In true Euro fashion there are no doors or curtains on the shower though (why is that?). We had several spa treatments which were fantastic as well. It seemed the north side of the island in which we stayed had rougher waters and was a tad bit windy. We did go to the south and it was much calmer. Snorkling was just ok but I am not into that too much anyways. We had great dinners and lunches. We ate at Eden Rock one night and it was outstanding, Pacri the other night and it was even better! We rented a car for 3 days which was a great call to explore the island, be careful though, tight roads with BIG cliffs! My favorite night was our last night we ate in Gustava at a sushi resturant. They had a live band from NYC and it was very fun sitting at the bar drinking (have the Mojito!) listening to great music. All in all it was one of the nicest, friendliest places I've been, but beware, it was VERY expensinve (lunch for around $100, dinner $200). I would highly recommend though@
Just back from St Barths
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 2 Clearest water and All Inclusive
- 3 Cuba by car
- 4 multiple family beach vacation
- 5 Anguilla Beaches
- 6 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 7 Need a new vacation spot!
- 8 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 9 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 10 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 11 Mid October Honeymoon
- 12 Summer family vacation
- 13 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 14 Caribbean with grown kids
- 15 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 16 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 17 Honeymoon destination?
- 18 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 19 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 20 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 21 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 22 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 23 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 24 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 25 Cuba help!