My best friend and I are planning a trip to the carribean/mexico in June. We have been doing quite a lot of research, and have been looking into Grenada. We previously posted on many websites asking for suggestions and opinions, as we were narrowing it down to grenada and the dominican. However, quite a few people suggested that while Grenada is a beautiful island, it can be too quiet.
We are 2 girls in early/mid twenties looking for a relaxing vacation. Interested in a nice beach that is open late, however we are also looking for a reasonable crowd of people (not too crowded) and a good number of bars and cafes on the beach along with nice music to dance to at bars on the beach (no raging clubs) as it turns dark. Also into exploring the culture and safety is important. Not looking for an all inclusive resort, preferably a safe and clean condo to rent or a boutique hotel.
Someone commented saying that there aren't any bars on the beach and it can be too quiet. Another person said Grenada is more nature-oriented and better for people who are into hiking/exploring the land. People suggested Playa del Carmen in Mexico which would be really nice, but we aren't into the crowded tourists/full of resorts vibe
Is Grenada ideal for us and if not, any suggestions? Any place in the carribean and mexico is fair game
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 All inclusive
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 First time to Puerto Rico
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 21 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 22 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 23 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 24 Punta Cana
- 25 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?