My best friend and I are planning a trip to the carribean/mexico in June. We have been doing quite a lot of research, and have been looking into Grenada. We previously posted on many websites asking for suggestions and opinions, as we were narrowing it down to grenada and the dominican. However, quite a few people suggested that while Grenada is a beautiful island, it can be too quiet.
We are 2 girls in early/mid twenties looking for a relaxing vacation. Interested in a nice beach that is open late, however we are also looking for a reasonable crowd of people (not too crowded) and a good number of bars and cafes on the beach along with nice music to dance to at bars on the beach (no raging clubs) as it turns dark. Also into exploring the culture and safety is important. Not looking for an all inclusive resort, preferably a safe and clean condo to rent or a boutique hotel.
Someone commented saying that there aren't any bars on the beach and it can be too quiet. Another person said Grenada is more nature-oriented and better for people who are into hiking/exploring the land. People suggested Playa del Carmen in Mexico which would be really nice, but we aren't into the crowded tourists/full of resorts vibe
Is Grenada ideal for us and if not, any suggestions? Any place in the carribean and mexico is fair game
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 2 Which Caribbean island?
- 3 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 4 PR or USVI
- 5 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 6 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 7 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 8 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 9 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 10 5 days in Havana
- 11 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 12 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 13 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 14 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 15 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 16 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 17 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 18 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 19 Scrub Island Resort
- 20 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 21 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 22 Wedding Destinations???
- 23 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 24 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 25 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11