My best friend and I are planning a trip to the carribean/mexico in June. We have been doing quite a lot of research, and have been looking into Grenada. We previously posted on many websites asking for suggestions and opinions, as we were narrowing it down to grenada and the dominican. However, quite a few people suggested that while Grenada is a beautiful island, it can be too quiet.
We are 2 girls in early/mid twenties looking for a relaxing vacation. Interested in a nice beach that is open late, however we are also looking for a reasonable crowd of people (not too crowded) and a good number of bars and cafes on the beach along with nice music to dance to at bars on the beach (no raging clubs) as it turns dark. Also into exploring the culture and safety is important. Not looking for an all inclusive resort, preferably a safe and clean condo to rent or a boutique hotel.
Someone commented saying that there aren't any bars on the beach and it can be too quiet. Another person said Grenada is more nature-oriented and better for people who are into hiking/exploring the land. People suggested Playa del Carmen in Mexico which would be really nice, but we aren't into the crowded tourists/full of resorts vibe
Is Grenada ideal for us and if not, any suggestions? Any place in the carribean and mexico is fair game
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Vincent - Boat hire or day tour?
- 2 Cuba: 4.5 days,4 nights
- 3 Havana
- 4 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 5 Barbados-how about this place?
- 6 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 9 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 10 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 11 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 12 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 13 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 14 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations
- 16 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 17 Family vacation
- 18 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 19 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 20 PR or USVI
- 21 Havana Hotel
- 22 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 23 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 24 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 25 Cayman Islands Currency