My best friend and I are planning a trip to the carribean/mexico in June. We have been doing quite a lot of research, and have been looking into Grenada. We previously posted on many websites asking for suggestions and opinions, as we were narrowing it down to grenada and the dominican. However, quite a few people suggested that while Grenada is a beautiful island, it can be too quiet.
We are 2 girls in early/mid twenties looking for a relaxing vacation. Interested in a nice beach that is open late, however we are also looking for a reasonable crowd of people (not too crowded) and a good number of bars and cafes on the beach along with nice music to dance to at bars on the beach (no raging clubs) as it turns dark. Also into exploring the culture and safety is important. Not looking for an all inclusive resort, preferably a safe and clean condo to rent or a boutique hotel.
Someone commented saying that there aren't any bars on the beach and it can be too quiet. Another person said Grenada is more nature-oriented and better for people who are into hiking/exploring the land. People suggested Playa del Carmen in Mexico which would be really nice, but we aren't into the crowded tourists/full of resorts vibe
Is Grenada ideal for us and if not, any suggestions? Any place in the carribean and mexico is fair game
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 2 Anguilla. House to rent or swap Jan or Fec 2018
- 3 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 4 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 5 Cuba for 6 days
- 6 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 7 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 8 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 9 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 10 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 11 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 12 Honeymoon Help!!
- 13 when to visit barbados
- 14 Barbados Beaches
- 15 Punta Cana
- 16 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 17 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 18 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 19 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 20 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 21 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 22 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations
- 24 Trouble booking hotels!
- 25 Tropical Island Trip HELP