My wife and I leave in a few days for her 50th birthday trip to St. Martin. We will be renting a car of course, and chose the WESTIN on Dawn Beach. We chose the Westin because it is usually a name we can trust.......BUT we have been reading many HORROR story reviews on TripAdvisor.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have checked professional reviews such as Fodor's and Frommer's, and they give it good marks. Also, some reviews from the likes of Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, and Hotels.com have give it good reviews, although the reviews on those websites were sparse, and frankly outdated.
All this leads me to one of two possible conclusions:
1. The horrible reveiws on TripAdvisor are TRUE and we are in for a HUGE dissappointment, or
2. The Westin is a fine hotel, but is the victim of intentional slander by some of its competitors on St. Martin???? I have heard that the TripAdvisor website is becoming so popular that hotels/restaurants, etc have been posting their OWN favorable reviews, or they will post NEGATIVE reviews about thier competition.
Anyway, I thought I would appeal to the TRUTH on this forum of seasoned travelers. So, if anyone out there has recent experience with the Westin in St Martin, I would love to hear your opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 customs questions
- 2 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 3 Nassau Bahamas
- 4 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 5 Biking in Caribbean
- 6 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 7 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 8 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 9 Help with how long on each island.
- 10 Small Carribean Hotel
- 11 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 12 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 13 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 14 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 15 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 16 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 17 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 18 Hiking in St. John
- 19 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 20 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 21 celebrating husband's 50th birthday AI suggestions needed
- 22 Turks Caicos July 19 - Aug 2
- 23 Struggling with Decision for Honeymoon (St. Barts/St. Lucia)
- 24 Negril questions
- 25 Changes to travel US-Cuba