My wife and I leave in a few days for her 50th birthday trip to St. Martin. We will be renting a car of course, and chose the WESTIN on Dawn Beach. We chose the Westin because it is usually a name we can trust.......BUT we have been reading many HORROR story reviews on TripAdvisor.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have checked professional reviews such as Fodor's and Frommer's, and they give it good marks. Also, some reviews from the likes of Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, and Hotels.com have give it good reviews, although the reviews on those websites were sparse, and frankly outdated.
All this leads me to one of two possible conclusions:
1. The horrible reveiws on TripAdvisor are TRUE and we are in for a HUGE dissappointment, or
2. The Westin is a fine hotel, but is the victim of intentional slander by some of its competitors on St. Martin???? I have heard that the TripAdvisor website is becoming so popular that hotels/restaurants, etc have been posting their OWN favorable reviews, or they will post NEGATIVE reviews about thier competition.
Anyway, I thought I would appeal to the TRUTH on this forum of seasoned travelers. So, if anyone out there has recent experience with the Westin in St Martin, I would love to hear your opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 2 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 3 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 4 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 5 Anguilla. House to rent or swap Jan or Fec 2018
- 6 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 7 Cuba for 6 days
- 8 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 9 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 10 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 11 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 12 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 13 Honeymoon Help!!
- 14 when to visit barbados
- 15 Barbados Beaches
- 16 Punta Cana
- 17 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 18 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 19 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 20 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 21 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 22 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations
- 24 Trouble booking hotels!
- 25 Tropical Island Trip HELP