My wife and I leave in a few days for her 50th birthday trip to St. Martin. We will be renting a car of course, and chose the WESTIN on Dawn Beach. We chose the Westin because it is usually a name we can trust.......BUT we have been reading many HORROR story reviews on TripAdvisor.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have checked professional reviews such as Fodor's and Frommer's, and they give it good marks. Also, some reviews from the likes of Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, and Hotels.com have give it good reviews, although the reviews on those websites were sparse, and frankly outdated.
All this leads me to one of two possible conclusions:
1. The horrible reveiws on TripAdvisor are TRUE and we are in for a HUGE dissappointment, or
2. The Westin is a fine hotel, but is the victim of intentional slander by some of its competitors on St. Martin???? I have heard that the TripAdvisor website is becoming so popular that hotels/restaurants, etc have been posting their OWN favorable reviews, or they will post NEGATIVE reviews about thier competition.
Anyway, I thought I would appeal to the TRUTH on this forum of seasoned travelers. So, if anyone out there has recent experience with the Westin in St Martin, I would love to hear your opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 which island?
- 2 40th birthday with friends
- 3 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 4 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 5 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 6 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 7 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 8 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 9 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 10 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 11 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 12 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 13 Cuba in November
- 14 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 15 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 16 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 17 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 18 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 19 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 20 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 21 Tennis in Aruba question
- 22 christmas in the caribbean
- 23 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 24 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 25 Guadeloupe - January 2017