My wife and I leave in a few days for her 50th birthday trip to St. Martin. We will be renting a car of course, and chose the WESTIN on Dawn Beach. We chose the Westin because it is usually a name we can trust.......BUT we have been reading many HORROR story reviews on TripAdvisor.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have checked professional reviews such as Fodor's and Frommer's, and they give it good marks. Also, some reviews from the likes of Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, and Hotels.com have give it good reviews, although the reviews on those websites were sparse, and frankly outdated.
All this leads me to one of two possible conclusions:
1. The horrible reveiws on TripAdvisor are TRUE and we are in for a HUGE dissappointment, or
2. The Westin is a fine hotel, but is the victim of intentional slander by some of its competitors on St. Martin???? I have heard that the TripAdvisor website is becoming so popular that hotels/restaurants, etc have been posting their OWN favorable reviews, or they will post NEGATIVE reviews about thier competition.
Anyway, I thought I would appeal to the TRUTH on this forum of seasoned travelers. So, if anyone out there has recent experience with the Westin in St Martin, I would love to hear your opinions.
HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 Advice needed
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 6 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 7 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 8 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 9 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 10 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 11 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 12 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 13 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 14 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 15 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 16 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 17 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 18 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 21 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 22 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 23 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 24 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 25 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica