My wife and I leave in a few days for her 50th birthday trip to St. Martin. We will be renting a car of course, and chose the WESTIN on Dawn Beach. We chose the Westin because it is usually a name we can trust.......BUT we have been reading many HORROR story reviews on TripAdvisor.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have checked professional reviews such as Fodor's and Frommer's, and they give it good marks. Also, some reviews from the likes of Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, and Hotels.com have give it good reviews, although the reviews on those websites were sparse, and frankly outdated.
All this leads me to one of two possible conclusions:
1. The horrible reveiws on TripAdvisor are TRUE and we are in for a HUGE dissappointment, or
2. The Westin is a fine hotel, but is the victim of intentional slander by some of its competitors on St. Martin???? I have heard that the TripAdvisor website is becoming so popular that hotels/restaurants, etc have been posting their OWN favorable reviews, or they will post NEGATIVE reviews about thier competition.
Anyway, I thought I would appeal to the TRUTH on this forum of seasoned travelers. So, if anyone out there has recent experience with the Westin in St Martin, I would love to hear your opinions.
HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 2 Anguilla stay?
- 3 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 4 Cayman Islands in October
- 5 Back from San Juan
- 6 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 7 Kristen- where are you?????
- 8 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 9 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 10 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 11 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 12 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 13 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 14 Puerto Rico
- 15 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 16 Cuba People to People Tours
- 17 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 18 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 19 relaxed beaches in january
- 20 Are you the new future traveler?
- 21 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?
- 22 Wanted: St. Lucia Jan - March studio rental?
- 23 Who can advice a reliable tour operator to Dominican Republic?
- 24 St Martin rental car on ferry?
- 25 Caribbean 10 days - where to go?