We're planning to go to the USVI in December and can't decide between St. John and St. Croix. We're a family of three: Our 2.5 yrs old daughter (she'll be 2.5 in December), my wife and I.
We've never done beach vacations, but done a lot of traveling to historic places instead (before the kid came). However, our daughter loves in the ocean and the beach, so we figured we'd take a vacation to the Caribbean in December.
A few things I was hoping for:
- Apartment on the beach/oceanfront (we had a similar apartment in Maui and loved it). A kitchen would be a plus. I thinking VRBO should have a plethora of such apartments.
- A swimming pool on the complex sometimes help if the water is cold or the baby just wants to swim (as opposed to play in the sand/ocean)
- Relatively inexpensive. We can go $250 per night max (that would be my upper limit).
- I would prefer not to have madly crowded beaches where you can barely walk. People on the beach is nice (especially people with kids - since kids make friends easily with each other and love to play). Beaches with nice sand (not just rocks)
- Beautiful beaches with lovely views: I'm a photographer (amateur, but I like to think I'll go pro someday when I have nothing else to do ) and love taking good pictures.
- Shallow snorkeling water: Not sure how to describe this. The only time I went snorkeling was in Maui and the depth of the water, underwater view of the hull of the catamaran that took us out - both just freaked me out. So if I could just wade in a bit and swim around, that would be ideal.
- Decent food - variety especially since we're vegetarians.
- Safe: This goes without saying
- Good medical facilities. I'm not expecting something like UCSF which is close to us, but something that will assure us decent care in case of emergencies.
Sorry, if these are a lot of things to ask for. I just listed things that came to my mind, hoping more information is better for you to make a recommendation!
St Croix vs. St. John: One of the reasons I picked St. Croix is because there are direct flights. We live in San Francisco and getting to St. John will end up being a production (here to Miami, change planes, to St. Thomas, mostly have to stay there overnight, take a boat). The kid gets cranky and we generally prefer to keep it simple with her.
Other thoughts/suggestions/ideas would be highly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 카지노게임종류 < √<÷<√ < BUS97. COM < √<÷<√ <토토사이트추천
- 2 St.Lucia newbie
- 3 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 4 Jerk Chicken
- 5 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 6 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 7 BVI trip questions
- 8 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 9 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 10 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 11 aruba fun!!!
- 12 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 13 Peterson
- 14 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 15 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 16 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 17 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 18 Turks and caicos
- 19 Aruba weather
- 20 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 21 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 22 Turks and caicos
- 23 Cruise stop activities
- 24 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 25 Jade Mountain