Sorry about that title
We (late 60s & 82) are thinking of staying at the FS for 5 nights maybe the first week of December.
It is $95. pp. to be picked up at St. Kitt's airport in a limo and private ferried to FS. Would it be too tacky to:
Fly into St. Kitts, take a taxi to the ferry, ferry to Nevis and then take a taxi to the FS? OR fly into Nevis and take a taxi to the FS??
Which way do you think would be best or does it matter?
Next. could one rent a small compact and stay at the FS without seeming too tacky once again? Do you think it would be better to pick up at the airport or call for one the next day from FS?
Island tours or cat trips less expensive not handled through the resort? Any experience or better to just go through FS?
Next, could you eat most of your meals off the resort to save money?
When you check in, are there golf carts or something to take you to your rooms without a lot of walking? Is it very far to the parking lots?
I'm assuming there is tipping on top of the 10% service fees charged on the island?
Thanks for all the interesting messages. I've really enjoyed reading this forum.
Other places we have considered are Nisbet Plantation and Montpelier on Nevis and
Ottleys and the Marriott on St. Kitts.
They all look great and right now we're jumping all over the place trying to make a decision.
Nisbet and Ottleys offer nice packages.
The Marriott has senior rates. Might be nice but I don't like the looks of all that cement.
Leaning towards the FS but have to become tacky to stay there.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 2 Anguilla. House to rent or swap Jan or Fec 2018
- 3 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 4 What does Turks Beaches day pass include?
- 5 Cuba for 6 days
- 6 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 7 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 8 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 9 Casual dining in San Juan area
- 10 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 11 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 12 Honeymoon Help!!
- 13 when to visit barbados
- 14 Barbados Beaches
- 15 Punta Cana
- 16 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 17 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 18 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 19 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 20 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 21 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 22 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations
- 24 Trouble booking hotels!
- 25 Tropical Island Trip HELP
Sorry about that title