My family and a few other families are planning a big Thanksgiving vacation at an all inclusive resort. We have been looking at the Dominican and narrowed it down to The Royalton at Punta Cana. But we have people with all different needs from people with kids, people with out kids, wanting some where to relax on the white sand beaches, people wanting good food, wanting fun kids clubs, golf close by, unlimited alcoholic drinks and mini bars in room and wanting to take excursions that aren't too expensive. Also some in our group are on a tighter budget then others so I have been trying to narrow down options that will meet almost everyone's needs. So that is why I narrowed it down to The Royalton and the Memories Splash which is the cheaper of the two resorts but they are right next two each other and you get use of both for the most part and there is a bunch of water slides for the kids. Recently though while reading reviews about the Dominican it has been making me re think going to Mexico. I am very nervous about the complaints about the food and people getting sick from it and all the complaints about being harassed on the beach by the locals trying to sell stuff and people saying that they didn't feel really safe. So I am wanting peoples honest opinion on if you were us would you go to Mexico or the Dominican Republic???
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 2 Cuba Help
- 3 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 4 Cuba via cruise
- 5 Is everything open on elbow cay in early nov?
- 6 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 7 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 8 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 11 Living in the Caribbean
- 12 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 13 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 14 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 15 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 18 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 19 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 20 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 21 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 22 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 23 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 24 St. Croix
- 25 St Kitts & Irma