My family and a few other families are planning a big Thanksgiving vacation at an all inclusive resort. We have been looking at the Dominican and narrowed it down to The Royalton at Punta Cana. But we have people with all different needs from people with kids, people with out kids, wanting some where to relax on the white sand beaches, people wanting good food, wanting fun kids clubs, golf close by, unlimited alcoholic drinks and mini bars in room and wanting to take excursions that aren't too expensive. Also some in our group are on a tighter budget then others so I have been trying to narrow down options that will meet almost everyone's needs. So that is why I narrowed it down to The Royalton and the Memories Splash which is the cheaper of the two resorts but they are right next two each other and you get use of both for the most part and there is a bunch of water slides for the kids. Recently though while reading reviews about the Dominican it has been making me re think going to Mexico. I am very nervous about the complaints about the food and people getting sick from it and all the complaints about being harassed on the beach by the locals trying to sell stuff and people saying that they didn't feel really safe. So I am wanting peoples honest opinion on if you were us would you go to Mexico or the Dominican Republic???
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 First trip to St. Martin
- 2 Bermuda Babymoon Late March/Early April
- 3 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 4 Hotel ideas needed
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 St.Lucia newbie
- 7 Jerk Chicken
- 8 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 9 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 10 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 11 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 12 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 13 aruba fun!!!
- 14 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 15 Peterson
- 16 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 17 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 18 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 19 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 20 Turks and caicos
- 21 Aruba weather
- 22 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 23 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 24 Turks and caicos
- 25 Cruise stop activities