My fiancé and I are considering Curaçao for our honeymoon in mid-May of this year. We went to Roatan in 2009, and we loved it- the abundant nature and coral reefs, low amount of commercialization, excellent local food, moderate nightlife (no obnoxious clubs, instead laid-back bars). We were looking for the same kind of vibe. I also liked the fact that Curacao isn't full of AI's. We are both about to finish graduate schools so funds aren't unlimited. However, flights are being paid for by family. We can spend out of our own pockets no more than $2,000. I don't know how expensive the island is or if it caters primarily to kids/families, etc. I don't know where on the island to stay. We do not want to be too isolated. I don't know anyone who has been to Curaçao, so any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 2 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 3 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 4 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 5 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 6 Islands with great nightlife
- 7 month stay on a caribbean island
- 8 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 9 Where to stay on Vieques
- 10 Ferry to Rum Point
- 11 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 12 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 13 Family with infants/toddlers
- 14 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 15 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 16 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 17 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 18 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 19 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 20 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 21 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 22 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 23 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 24 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 25 Restaraunts in Barbados