My fiancé and I are considering Curaçao for our honeymoon in mid-May of this year. We went to Roatan in 2009, and we loved it- the abundant nature and coral reefs, low amount of commercialization, excellent local food, moderate nightlife (no obnoxious clubs, instead laid-back bars). We were looking for the same kind of vibe. I also liked the fact that Curacao isn't full of AI's. We are both about to finish graduate schools so funds aren't unlimited. However, flights are being paid for by family. We can spend out of our own pockets no more than $2,000. I don't know how expensive the island is or if it caters primarily to kids/families, etc. I don't know where on the island to stay. We do not want to be too isolated. I don't know anyone who has been to Curaçao, so any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 3 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 4 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 5 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 6 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 7 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 8 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 9 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 10 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 11 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 12 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 13 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 16 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 17 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 18 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 19 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 20 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 21 Which island?
- 22 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 23 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 24 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 25 Resort hotels on St Croix