My fiancé and I are considering Curaçao for our honeymoon in mid-May of this year. We went to Roatan in 2009, and we loved it- the abundant nature and coral reefs, low amount of commercialization, excellent local food, moderate nightlife (no obnoxious clubs, instead laid-back bars). We were looking for the same kind of vibe. I also liked the fact that Curacao isn't full of AI's. We are both about to finish graduate schools so funds aren't unlimited. However, flights are being paid for by family. We can spend out of our own pockets no more than $2,000. I don't know how expensive the island is or if it caters primarily to kids/families, etc. I don't know where on the island to stay. We do not want to be too isolated. I don't know anyone who has been to Curaçao, so any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Chef on Turks and Caicos?
- 2 Solo Female Caribbean - Please Help!
- 3 A few last minute Cuba questions! (two week trip)
- 4 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 5 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 6 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 7 Florida or caribbean
- 8 Last to open up in your brain into your particularly
- 9 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 10 Money in Jamaica
- 11 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 12 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 13 Barbado Car rental
- 14 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 15 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 16 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 17 Death in Paradise
- 18 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 19 50+ where to dance?
- 20 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 21 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 22 dominican republic
- 23 Summer family vacation
- 24 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 25 Puerto Rico Hotels