My fiancé and I are considering Curaçao for our honeymoon in mid-May of this year. We went to Roatan in 2009, and we loved it- the abundant nature and coral reefs, low amount of commercialization, excellent local food, moderate nightlife (no obnoxious clubs, instead laid-back bars). We were looking for the same kind of vibe. I also liked the fact that Curacao isn't full of AI's. We are both about to finish graduate schools so funds aren't unlimited. However, flights are being paid for by family. We can spend out of our own pockets no more than $2,000. I don't know how expensive the island is or if it caters primarily to kids/families, etc. I don't know where on the island to stay. We do not want to be too isolated. I don't know anyone who has been to Curaçao, so any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica all inclusive
- 2 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 3 Why Barbados?
- 4 Supplement for body building purpose
- 5 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 6 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 7 Cuba Opening Up
- 8 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 9 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 10 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 11 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 12 Just back from The Somerset
- 13 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 14 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 15 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 16 Sandals Resorts
- 17 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 18 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 19 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 20 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 21 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 22 Cuba in 10 days
- 23 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 24 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 25 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?