My fiancé and I are considering Curaçao for our honeymoon in mid-May of this year. We went to Roatan in 2009, and we loved it- the abundant nature and coral reefs, low amount of commercialization, excellent local food, moderate nightlife (no obnoxious clubs, instead laid-back bars). We were looking for the same kind of vibe. I also liked the fact that Curacao isn't full of AI's. We are both about to finish graduate schools so funds aren't unlimited. However, flights are being paid for by family. We can spend out of our own pockets no more than $2,000. I don't know how expensive the island is or if it caters primarily to kids/families, etc. I don't know where on the island to stay. We do not want to be too isolated. I don't know anyone who has been to Curaçao, so any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?