I am trying without success to decide on where I want to celebrate my 45th birthday. We attempted to go to St John for my 40th but because my birthday is still within hurricane season (October 1st) that trip was cancelled. We're trying again, this time with another fun couple and want to venture out a little. Our budget is up to $5000 for accommodations for the week. We're not big water activity people so that's not a priority. We don't like crowded beaches but don't care to be only 1 of 5 people on it either. Would love somewhere with attractive villas with stellar views. Not to quiet but not in the heart of it all either. I have been looking for 2 weeks and have narrowed it down to Antigua, Anguilla, St Martin & Barbados and can't for the life of me make a decision.I'm open to other suggestions I may have overlooked but have already ruled out Grand Cayman, St Lucia, Aruba & Nevis.
We're looking for:
Beautiful clear/turquoise waters
Soft, sandy beaches
Grocery options for days we want to chill after beach days
Good food for days we don't want to cook
Quiet with close proximity to shopping & dinning
Views of surrounding islands
No more than 4 hrs from Tampa, FL (moving there in July)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 2 Best weather/where to travel early November?!
- 3 No Mold - Family Friendly Place to Stay?
- 4 Girls' trip, after Anguilla
- 5 Grace Bay-where to stay
- 6 what island to go to Feb 2018)
- 7 Hiking in St. John
- 8 Reefs vs Fairmont Southampton?
- 9 Where to go - March/April 2018?
- 10 Honeymoon in October/November! Help!
- 11 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 12 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 13 Upcoming Cuba trip- 12 days
- 14 Changes to travel US-Cuba
- 15 Where in DR?
- 16 Honeymoon
- 17 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 18 Curacao times 2
- 19 Help us choose a caribbean location!
- 20 Barbados
- 21 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 22 Young Couple Looking for a beach/villa/nightlife
- 23 Help with August trip ideas
- 24 Airport transfer PUJ
- 25 We may not be going to Cuba after all