We are thinking of a summer trip to Vancouver and environs for 10 or 11 days this summer. I am from Toronto and have never been to Vancouver - I think that it is about time that I go. The trip includes 2 adults and 2 kids aged 12 and 15. We like l hiking, cycling, dining, art museums(2 of 4), beaches and swimming. I am having trouble figuring out our plan. Right now I am thinking the following:
Vancouver - 3 nights
Whistler - 3 nights
Parksville - 2 nights
Tofino - 2 nights
Victoria - 1 night
I also love the look of Salt Spring Island but cannot fit it all in this trip. Is it worth dropping something else for? We don't want to be driving the whole trip from A to B - we want to relax a little as well.
Hotel suggestions would be so appreciated as they are hard to come by for family of 4, including older children . We would share one room or suite. Budget about 250 night.
Also thinking of getting our rental car after our time in Vancouver, for our trip to Whistler onwards, and flying home from Victoria.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.supervision4health.com/thrive-max/
- 2 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 3 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 4 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 5 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 6 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 7 Skiing in Whistler
- 8 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 9 lodging in whistler
- 10 BC or Alberta drives
- 11 Torino in february
- 12 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 13 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 14 My Family Travle Vlog
- 15 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 16 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 17 What is famous in canada?
- 18 Looking for fellow travellers
- 19 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 20 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 21 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 22 Happy Canada Day
- 23 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 24 Across Canada by Train
- 25 Montreal & Quebec City