We are thinking of a summer trip to Vancouver and environs for 10 or 11 days this summer. I am from Toronto and have never been to Vancouver - I think that it is about time that I go. The trip includes 2 adults and 2 kids aged 12 and 15. We like l hiking, cycling, dining, art museums(2 of 4), beaches and swimming. I am having trouble figuring out our plan. Right now I am thinking the following:
Vancouver - 3 nights
Whistler - 3 nights
Parksville - 2 nights
Tofino - 2 nights
Victoria - 1 night
I also love the look of Salt Spring Island but cannot fit it all in this trip. Is it worth dropping something else for? We don't want to be driving the whole trip from A to B - we want to relax a little as well.
Hotel suggestions would be so appreciated as they are hard to come by for family of 4, including older children . We would share one room or suite. Budget about 250 night.
Also thinking of getting our rental car after our time in Vancouver, for our trip to Whistler onwards, and flying home from Victoria.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver for Christmas
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 6 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 7 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 8 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 9 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 10 March in Montreal?
- 11 Eastern Canada in December
- 12 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 13 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 14 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 15 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 16 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 17 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 18 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 19 Tofino
- 20 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 21 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 22 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 23 11th and 12th grade
- 24 Vancouver trip report!
- 25 Moving to Nova Scotia