We are thinking of a summer trip to Vancouver and environs for 10 or 11 days this summer. I am from Toronto and have never been to Vancouver - I think that it is about time that I go. The trip includes 2 adults and 2 kids aged 12 and 15. We like l hiking, cycling, dining, art museums(2 of 4), beaches and swimming. I am having trouble figuring out our plan. Right now I am thinking the following:
Vancouver - 3 nights
Whistler - 3 nights
Parksville - 2 nights
Tofino - 2 nights
Victoria - 1 night
I also love the look of Salt Spring Island but cannot fit it all in this trip. Is it worth dropping something else for? We don't want to be driving the whole trip from A to B - we want to relax a little as well.
Hotel suggestions would be so appreciated as they are hard to come by for family of 4, including older children . We would share one room or suite. Budget about 250 night.
Also thinking of getting our rental car after our time in Vancouver, for our trip to Whistler onwards, and flying home from Victoria.
Thanks so much.
Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 1 Parking in Montreal
- 2 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 3 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 6 Golden BC
- 7 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 8 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 9 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 10 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 11 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 12 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 13 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 14 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 15 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 16 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 17 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 18 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 19 Golden, British Columbia
- 20 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 21 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 22 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 23 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 24 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 25 Trip to Maritime Provinces