We are thinking of a summer trip to Vancouver and environs for 10 or 11 days this summer. I am from Toronto and have never been to Vancouver - I think that it is about time that I go. The trip includes 2 adults and 2 kids aged 12 and 15. We like l hiking, cycling, dining, art museums(2 of 4), beaches and swimming. I am having trouble figuring out our plan. Right now I am thinking the following:
Vancouver - 3 nights
Whistler - 3 nights
Parksville - 2 nights
Tofino - 2 nights
Victoria - 1 night
I also love the look of Salt Spring Island but cannot fit it all in this trip. Is it worth dropping something else for? We don't want to be driving the whole trip from A to B - we want to relax a little as well.
Hotel suggestions would be so appreciated as they are hard to come by for family of 4, including older children . We would share one room or suite. Budget about 250 night.
Also thinking of getting our rental car after our time in Vancouver, for our trip to Whistler onwards, and flying home from Victoria.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Ottawa recs?
- 2 Wildlife and Polar Bear Tours
- 3 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 4 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 5 7 day itinerary of Nova Scotia
- 6 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 7 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 8 car needed in Vancouver?
- 9 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 10 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 11 Its vegan capsules ignite the fat loss
- 12 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 13 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 14 Granville Island
- 15 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 16 Good eats and car question NS
- 17 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 18 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 19 VIA Rail Ocean - Which Direction?
- 20 MUST SEE/DO VANCOUVER, BC
- 21 Road Trip to Montreal from Chicago
- 22 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 23 Marriott Chateau Champlain Vs. Le Square Phillips Hotel
- 24 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 25 Which Marriott hotel in Montreal?