I am organizing a road trip this August 7th to 21st for a group of 5-6 people from Toronto. We are all in our early 20s, quite fit and interested in photography, great food (cheap or splurge, sushi and steak for sure!), and hiking to spectacular sites. I have a rough itinerary of our trip so far, trying to put together what everyone would like to do, but I was wondering if you guys would have any tips, advice, or alternative options.
Day 1: Arrive in Vancouver in the afternoon, we are staying for 3 nights near downtown vancouver
- visit beaches
- Sushi anywhere recommended?
- enjoy nightlife to get used to the jet-lag
Day 2: Vancouver
- Grouse Mountain
- Lynn Canyon
Day 3: Vancouver
- Eagles Bluff OR Dog Mountain Trail (which one has a better view?)
Day 4: Wake up super early to take the ferry to be in Nanaimo by 10am
- snorkeling with seals for 3 hours OR for others, check out Englishman River Falls Provincial park... anything else we can do to kill some time?
- drive to Tofino, hopefully check out the Cathedral Groves
- Staying 2 nights in Tofino hostel (that serves waffles for free in the morning!)
Day 5: Tofino
- Surfing and exploring beaches
Day 6: Tofino
- explore Pacific Rim Hikes
- drive to Nanaimo to crash for the night
Day 7: Whistler for 2 nights
- wake up early to ferry across to Whistler
- bungee jumping, zip lining
- any small hikes recommendations?
Day 8: Whistler
- Black Tusk/Panorama ridge (10 hours)
Day 9: Morning in Whistler, then drive to crash in Kamloops for the night
- anything else you'd recommend?
Day 10: Drive from Kamloops to Lake Louise
- spend the afternoon exploring lake louise and surroundings, any recommended hikes?
- drive to Canmore where we will be staying 3 nights
Day 11: Banff
- Hikes.... what would you recommend if we only have 2 full days here
- Hot springs
Day 12: Yoho National Park/Banff?
- Takakkaw Falls
- White water rafting at Kicking horse?
Day 13: Helicopter up to Mount Assiniboine
- stay the night at a Naiset hut
Day 14: Hike down (9hours) back to Canmore
Day 15: Explore Canmore
- Heart Mountain?
- other option for people who are understandably too tired to hike any more?
- 4pm leave for flight from Calgary back to Toronto.
Love to hear any thoughts on the trip... it does sound strenuous, we plan on prepping a lot for the hikes beforehand.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.hitssupplements.com/virilax
- 2 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 3 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 March in Montreal?
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 8 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 9 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 10 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 11 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 14 Tofino
- 15 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 16 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 17 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 18 11th and 12th grade
- 19 Vancouver trip report!
- 20 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 21 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 22 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 23 looking to experience Canada by train
- 24 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 25 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
Vancouver-Torino-Whistler-Banff-Canmore-Calgary August Road trip