It felt like it would never get here...but finally, our trip is rapidly approaching! Yay!!
Normally when I travel I have just about every minute planned out. But all of the reading I've done has given me the notion that I will want to relax, wander, and take in the lovely architecture, enjoy an afternoon snack at a cafe or sit in a park and enjoy nature. Truly a different pace than most of my vacations but I'm game!
How has the weather been for you folks? It's been a soggy wet mess here in Michigan for the last week. We leave next Thursday - I'm hoping for a bit of blue and sunshine for at least part of the trip! Here's a very loose outline of what I hope to see and do - your feedback is appreciated!
We are leaving Detroit on Thursday afternoon/evening and are driving to just outside of Toronto and will spend the night.
Friday we drive to Quebec City to check in at Hotel 71
Dinner - ?? (suggestions for a nice place after driving all day??)
St. Laurent Bar at Le Chateau Frontenac – Jazz at 9:00
Marché Du Vieux Port (Farmers Market)
Grand tour (Tours Voir Québec) – 11:00 or 1:30 (lasts 2 hrs)
Morrin Center -tours at 3, 4, 5 pm
Levis ferry – views of Quebec (get ice cream at Chocolats Favoris)
Sainte-Anne de Beaupré Basilica
Montmorency Falls and ile de Orleans and Beaupre, mont-sainte Anne
Explore - go to Erico Chocolate and JA Moisan
Parliament Bldg tour (9:00 to 4:30)
Lunch reservations at Parliament restaurant – 1:30
Head for Montreal - will take scenic route part of the way
Check in at hotel - Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Dinner at Europea at 6:30
Free walking tour at 10:30
Boat tour – 12:30 (90 min) or 2:30 (60 min)
McCord Museum? – open late on Wednesday or until 6:00 on Thursday
Museum of fine arts (tours at 2:00 and 3:30)
Walking tour at 6:30? Has anyone taken the tour of QUARTIER DES SPECTACLES?
Botanical gardens (tours at 10:30 and 1:30)
Mt. Royal Park
Saturday - head home
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 2 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 3 Ottawa transportation question
- 4 BC road trip advice
- 5 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 6 Christmas vacation in Montreal
- 7 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 8 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 9 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 10 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 11 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 12 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 13 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 14 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 15 Traveling with your bike
- 16 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 17 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 18 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 19 Alberta Trip_2017
- 20 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 21 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 22 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
- 23 Driving round trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 24 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 25 Baseball