It felt like it would never get here...but finally, our trip is rapidly approaching! Yay!!
Normally when I travel I have just about every minute planned out. But all of the reading I've done has given me the notion that I will want to relax, wander, and take in the lovely architecture, enjoy an afternoon snack at a cafe or sit in a park and enjoy nature. Truly a different pace than most of my vacations but I'm game!
How has the weather been for you folks? It's been a soggy wet mess here in Michigan for the last week. We leave next Thursday - I'm hoping for a bit of blue and sunshine for at least part of the trip! Here's a very loose outline of what I hope to see and do - your feedback is appreciated!
We are leaving Detroit on Thursday afternoon/evening and are driving to just outside of Toronto and will spend the night.
Friday we drive to Quebec City to check in at Hotel 71
Dinner - ?? (suggestions for a nice place after driving all day??)
St. Laurent Bar at Le Chateau Frontenac – Jazz at 9:00
Marché Du Vieux Port (Farmers Market)
Grand tour (Tours Voir Québec) – 11:00 or 1:30 (lasts 2 hrs)
Morrin Center -tours at 3, 4, 5 pm
Levis ferry – views of Quebec (get ice cream at Chocolats Favoris)
Sainte-Anne de Beaupré Basilica
Montmorency Falls and ile de Orleans and Beaupre, mont-sainte Anne
Explore - go to Erico Chocolate and JA Moisan
Parliament Bldg tour (9:00 to 4:30)
Lunch reservations at Parliament restaurant – 1:30
Head for Montreal - will take scenic route part of the way
Check in at hotel - Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Dinner at Europea at 6:30
Free walking tour at 10:30
Boat tour – 12:30 (90 min) or 2:30 (60 min)
McCord Museum? – open late on Wednesday or until 6:00 on Thursday
Museum of fine arts (tours at 2:00 and 3:30)
Walking tour at 6:30? Has anyone taken the tour of QUARTIER DES SPECTACLES?
Botanical gardens (tours at 10:30 and 1:30)
Mt. Royal Park
Saturday - head home
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 AOL 1888:482:3831 password reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 HP printer Installation CONTACT☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Supp0rt care
- 3 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 4 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 5 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 6 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 7 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 8 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 9 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 10 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 11 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 12 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 13 BC or Alberta drives
- 14 Torino in february
- 15 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 16 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 17 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 18 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 19 Skiing in Whistler
- 20 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 21 lodging in whistler
- 22 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 23 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 24 My Family Travle Vlog
- 25 Banff - best route to visit these highlights