It felt like it would never get here...but finally, our trip is rapidly approaching! Yay!!
Normally when I travel I have just about every minute planned out. But all of the reading I've done has given me the notion that I will want to relax, wander, and take in the lovely architecture, enjoy an afternoon snack at a cafe or sit in a park and enjoy nature. Truly a different pace than most of my vacations but I'm game!
How has the weather been for you folks? It's been a soggy wet mess here in Michigan for the last week. We leave next Thursday - I'm hoping for a bit of blue and sunshine for at least part of the trip! Here's a very loose outline of what I hope to see and do - your feedback is appreciated!
We are leaving Detroit on Thursday afternoon/evening and are driving to just outside of Toronto and will spend the night.
Friday we drive to Quebec City to check in at Hotel 71
Dinner - ?? (suggestions for a nice place after driving all day??)
St. Laurent Bar at Le Chateau Frontenac – Jazz at 9:00
Marché Du Vieux Port (Farmers Market)
Grand tour (Tours Voir Québec) – 11:00 or 1:30 (lasts 2 hrs)
Morrin Center -tours at 3, 4, 5 pm
Levis ferry – views of Quebec (get ice cream at Chocolats Favoris)
Sainte-Anne de Beaupré Basilica
Montmorency Falls and ile de Orleans and Beaupre, mont-sainte Anne
Explore - go to Erico Chocolate and JA Moisan
Parliament Bldg tour (9:00 to 4:30)
Lunch reservations at Parliament restaurant – 1:30
Head for Montreal - will take scenic route part of the way
Check in at hotel - Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Dinner at Europea at 6:30
Free walking tour at 10:30
Boat tour – 12:30 (90 min) or 2:30 (60 min)
McCord Museum? – open late on Wednesday or until 6:00 on Thursday
Museum of fine arts (tours at 2:00 and 3:30)
Walking tour at 6:30? Has anyone taken the tour of QUARTIER DES SPECTACLES?
Botanical gardens (tours at 10:30 and 1:30)
Mt. Royal Park
Saturday - head home
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 2 http://supplementbase.com/juvarelle-serum
- 3 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 4 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 5 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 6 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 7 Itinerary feedback, please
- 8 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 9 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 10 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 11 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 12 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 13 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 14 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 15 Best Way
- 16 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 17 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 18 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 19 Bay of Fundy
- 20 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 21 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 22 First trip to Vancouver
- 23 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 24 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 25 Alberta Trip_2017