We are planning a trip to Newfoundland for early August 2016. We will have about eight days after flying in and out. We're coming from California. We are an active family of three. Our son is eight and a half. We like hiking, biking, walking around cities, history and some museums. We may also do some kayaking and/or a boat excursion.
Unfortunately it seems the flight from California will require at least one if not two stops. It looks like St. Johns is the more major airport, and we'll likely be flying in and out of there.
We definitely want to see Gros Morne and will probably spend a few days in that area. Since we will probably be flying in and out of St. Johns we'll probably spend a couple days in that area and see the Avalon Peninsula.
Then the question becomes what to see in between and how to best structure the route since it doesn't look like a loop would work. I'm learning that the distances in Newfoundland are pretty substantial and/or the driving speeds are low. We are okay with some driving each day and perhaps one long haul. We don't want to spend all our time just driving around.
I'm curious about L'anse aux Meadows, but it's a four hour drive from the Gros Morne region. We've been to Sweden so we've had some exposure to viking history, and that might be something to skip.
Ideas, feed back, suggestion on where to spend more time, sites and recommendations between St. John/Avalon and Gros Morne would be most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.drozdietplan.com/dermabellix/
- 2 신천지게임예시 ≪ 접속주소 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 3 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 4 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 5 Itinerary feedback, please
- 6 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 7 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 8 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 9 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 10 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 11 Best Way
- 12 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 13 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 14 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 15 Bay of Fundy
- 16 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 17 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 18 First trip to Vancouver
- 19 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 20 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 21 Alberta Trip_2017
- 22 Vancouver with toddlers - getting around
- 23 Banff - Day Tours + Eateries
- 24 Best Way to travel from Calgary to Banff and back again
- 25 Calgary Stampede virgin