I am in the very beginning stages and am very excited about planning our first trip to Newfoundland in September. We have 10 days but could possibly squeak out another one, possibly two if necessary. The plan so far is to arrive in St. John's and depart from Deer Lake. We have already booked our rental car but that is about all at this point. After getting some great suggestions from other threads, I have a very rough itinerary in mind but would love those who know the island to help me fill in the gaps and/or offer any comments. Recognizing we won't see it all in 10 days, I'm thinking we will focus on four areas - St. John's, Trinity/Bonavista, Twillingate and Gros Morne but I'm having trouble with how many nights to spend in each. We are looking forward to enjoying the sights and scenery, hiking, biking if possible, hearing some great music, eating great food and generally just experiencing the beauty and hospitality of "the rock". My first thought was that we would spend three nights in St. John's, two each in Trinity area and Twillingate and three in Gros Morne but I'm sure those familiar with the areas may have other suggestions/recommendations. We're very flexible at this point so if we should be considering any other ideas we'd appreciate hearing from you. Many thanks in advance for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions for Montreal and Quebec City
- 2 Marvellous Montreal
- 3 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 4 loving OTTAWA
- 5 Mont Tremblant B & B
- 6 Cape Breton Trip
- 7 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 8 Banff / Jasper and Vancouver
- 9 Vancouver for Christmas
- 10 Nova Scotia Itinerary
- 11 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 12 Victoria?
- 13 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 14 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 15 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 16 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 17 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 18 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 19 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 20 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 21 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 22 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 23 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 24 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 25 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.