I am in the very beginning stages and am very excited about planning our first trip to Newfoundland in September. We have 10 days but could possibly squeak out another one, possibly two if necessary. The plan so far is to arrive in St. John's and depart from Deer Lake. We have already booked our rental car but that is about all at this point. After getting some great suggestions from other threads, I have a very rough itinerary in mind but would love those who know the island to help me fill in the gaps and/or offer any comments. Recognizing we won't see it all in 10 days, I'm thinking we will focus on four areas - St. John's, Trinity/Bonavista, Twillingate and Gros Morne but I'm having trouble with how many nights to spend in each. We are looking forward to enjoying the sights and scenery, hiking, biking if possible, hearing some great music, eating great food and generally just experiencing the beauty and hospitality of "the rock". My first thought was that we would spend three nights in St. John's, two each in Trinity area and Twillingate and three in Gros Morne but I'm sure those familiar with the areas may have other suggestions/recommendations. We're very flexible at this point so if we should be considering any other ideas we'd appreciate hearing from you. Many thanks in advance for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 2 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 3 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 4 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 5 Granville Island
- 6 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 7 Good eats and car question NS
- 8 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 9 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 10 VIA Rail Ocean - Which Direction?
- 11 MUST SEE/DO VANCOUVER, BC
- 12 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 13 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 14 Road Trip to Montreal from Chicago
- 15 car needed in Vancouver?
- 16 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 17 Marriott Chateau Champlain Vs. Le Square Phillips Hotel
- 18 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 19 Which Marriott hotel in Montreal?
- 20 2 weeks in maritime provinces
- 21 YYZ Transit Lounge
- 22 10 days in NB, Nova Scotia, and PEI
- 23 Transportation from airport into downtown Vancouver
- 24 Vancouver in July
- 25 Vancouver Suspension Bridges