I am in the very beginning stages and am very excited about planning our first trip to Newfoundland in September. We have 10 days but could possibly squeak out another one, possibly two if necessary. The plan so far is to arrive in St. John's and depart from Deer Lake. We have already booked our rental car but that is about all at this point. After getting some great suggestions from other threads, I have a very rough itinerary in mind but would love those who know the island to help me fill in the gaps and/or offer any comments. Recognizing we won't see it all in 10 days, I'm thinking we will focus on four areas - St. John's, Trinity/Bonavista, Twillingate and Gros Morne but I'm having trouble with how many nights to spend in each. We are looking forward to enjoying the sights and scenery, hiking, biking if possible, hearing some great music, eating great food and generally just experiencing the beauty and hospitality of "the rock". My first thought was that we would spend three nights in St. John's, two each in Trinity area and Twillingate and three in Gros Morne but I'm sure those familiar with the areas may have other suggestions/recommendations. We're very flexible at this point so if we should be considering any other ideas we'd appreciate hearing from you. Many thanks in advance for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 2 Super Visa or Tourist Visa for parents?
- 3 yarmouth,nova scotia
- 4 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 5 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 6 hotel in vancouver
- 7 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 8 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 9 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 10 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 11 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 12 NH to Nova Scotia
- 13 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 14 Banff Area In October
- 15 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 16 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 17 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 18 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 19 Niagara Falls Advise
- 20 Ottawa recs?
- 21 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals
- 22 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 23 Can I drive across the rocky mountains in mid-April, without snow tires?
- 24 Random Camping in Banff National Park?
- 25 identifying a statue near pier in halifax