I am in the very beginning stages and am very excited about planning our first trip to Newfoundland in September. We have 10 days but could possibly squeak out another one, possibly two if necessary. The plan so far is to arrive in St. John's and depart from Deer Lake. We have already booked our rental car but that is about all at this point. After getting some great suggestions from other threads, I have a very rough itinerary in mind but would love those who know the island to help me fill in the gaps and/or offer any comments. Recognizing we won't see it all in 10 days, I'm thinking we will focus on four areas - St. John's, Trinity/Bonavista, Twillingate and Gros Morne but I'm having trouble with how many nights to spend in each. We are looking forward to enjoying the sights and scenery, hiking, biking if possible, hearing some great music, eating great food and generally just experiencing the beauty and hospitality of "the rock". My first thought was that we would spend three nights in St. John's, two each in Trinity area and Twillingate and three in Gros Morne but I'm sure those familiar with the areas may have other suggestions/recommendations. We're very flexible at this point so if we should be considering any other ideas we'd appreciate hearing from you. Many thanks in advance for any input!
Newfoundland 10 day itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 North Vancouver Island
- 2 Rockies trip in June.
- 3 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 4 BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
- 5 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 6 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 7 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 8 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 9 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 10 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 11 Need tips for this trip
- 12 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 13 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 16 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 17 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 18 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 19 Newfoundland questions
- 20 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 21 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 22 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 23 Itinerary help
- 24 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 25 Montreal/Toronto