I am in the very beginning stages and am very excited about planning our first trip to Newfoundland in September. We have 10 days but could possibly squeak out another one, possibly two if necessary. The plan so far is to arrive in St. John's and depart from Deer Lake. We have already booked our rental car but that is about all at this point. After getting some great suggestions from other threads, I have a very rough itinerary in mind but would love those who know the island to help me fill in the gaps and/or offer any comments. Recognizing we won't see it all in 10 days, I'm thinking we will focus on four areas - St. John's, Trinity/Bonavista, Twillingate and Gros Morne but I'm having trouble with how many nights to spend in each. We are looking forward to enjoying the sights and scenery, hiking, biking if possible, hearing some great music, eating great food and generally just experiencing the beauty and hospitality of "the rock". My first thought was that we would spend three nights in St. John's, two each in Trinity area and Twillingate and three in Gros Morne but I'm sure those familiar with the areas may have other suggestions/recommendations. We're very flexible at this point so if we should be considering any other ideas we'd appreciate hearing from you. Many thanks in advance for any input!
Newfoundland 10 day itinerary help
- 1 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 2 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 3 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 4 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 5 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 6 Golden BC
- 7 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 8 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 9 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 10 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 11 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 12 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 13 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 14 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 15 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 16 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 17 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 18 Golden, British Columbia
- 19 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 22 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 23 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 24 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 25 America by Rail