I am in the very beginning stages and am very excited about planning our first trip to Newfoundland in September. We have 10 days but could possibly squeak out another one, possibly two if necessary. The plan so far is to arrive in St. John's and depart from Deer Lake. We have already booked our rental car but that is about all at this point. After getting some great suggestions from other threads, I have a very rough itinerary in mind but would love those who know the island to help me fill in the gaps and/or offer any comments. Recognizing we won't see it all in 10 days, I'm thinking we will focus on four areas - St. John's, Trinity/Bonavista, Twillingate and Gros Morne but I'm having trouble with how many nights to spend in each. We are looking forward to enjoying the sights and scenery, hiking, biking if possible, hearing some great music, eating great food and generally just experiencing the beauty and hospitality of "the rock". My first thought was that we would spend three nights in St. John's, two each in Trinity area and Twillingate and three in Gros Morne but I'm sure those familiar with the areas may have other suggestions/recommendations. We're very flexible at this point so if we should be considering any other ideas we'd appreciate hearing from you. Many thanks in advance for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Can I drive across the rocky mountains in mid-April, without snow tires?
- 2 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 3 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 4 Suggest some best places to travel and accommodation facilities in Toronto
- 5 Road trip Vancouver to Seattle?
- 6 good lobster roll
- 7 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 8 Montreal or Toronto?
- 9 Visit the east coast in July /16
- 10 Trip Report--Canadian Rockies
- 11 One night in Calgary - accommodation suggestions please
- 12 Which boat trip to take under the Falls
- 13 When to Visit Canadian Rockies
- 14 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 15 Canada in Feb 2016
- 16 King City and surrounding
- 17 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 18 20 hour layover
- 19 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 20 Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 21 Montreal for two days -- mini TR
- 22 VYR to Victoria Inner Harbour
- 23 montreal to Manchester leaf peeping
- 24 Vancouver/Victoria Honeymoon
- 25 cheap Toronto airport hotel