I will be celebrating my 40th birthday this Canada's Day and would like to do something special. Originally, I had planned to go to Italy this summer with my mom. Unfortunately, our plans fell through so we won't be going this year although I'm considering going solo at the end of August for a few weeks. I have been trying to think about what else I would like to do and have been considering a weekend spa getaway with a friend or two. I have been St. Anne's Spa in Grafton and enjoyed it but thought about trying something new. I thought about going to Niagara-on-the-Lake and would like to know if there are any special places that anyone can recommend for a fun and relaxing weekend getaway.
I'm still trying to decide if I want just a spa weekend or a combination (if I decide to go to NOTL) or go back to St. Anne's - spa, yoga classes and meals included. I was thinking that if I'm visiting NOTL, I would also like to visit the town since it's been at least 5 years since I have been there. I thought about visiting a winery and enjoying some of the quaint shops - perhaps on one of the days when I'm not enjoying the spa or splitting up the day. I'm thinking of staying for 2 nights/3 days.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 2 Hotels in Quebec City
- 3 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 4 Northern Lights
- 5 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 6 Flying from Toronto to London
- 7 Rental car
- 8 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 9 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 10 Montreal in April
- 11 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 12 Cross country drive
- 13 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 14 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 15 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 16 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 17 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 18 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 19 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 20 First family trip to Toronto.
- 21 Calgary Stampede
- 22 2 days in Vancouver
- 23 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old
- 24 Finalizing 9 day Nova Scotia itinerary
- 25 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report