At 12:51 local time on Tuesday, March 1st there will be two minutes of silence in Christchurch - that's one week after the devastating earthquake hit. The bells in Wellington will toll for 10 minutes - the bells in Christchurch are shattered and silent. Please take a few moments to stop what you are doing at that time and send positive thoughts and energies to our brothers and sisters in Christchurch as they dig out from this disaster. over 100 people dead and still more missing. Today they buried the first infant - how sad. I did a check of the time and in Chicago we will be silent at 5:51 pm on Monday. Please spread the word. I'd put it out there on facebook but I am at a school and the site is blocked. Maybe some of you can do that for me.
Two Minutes of Silence for Christchurch
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Travel Insurance
- 2 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 3 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 4 Itinerary Help
- 5 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 6 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 7 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 8 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 9 Packing List
- 10 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 11 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 12 Sydney and Auckland
- 13 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 14 Internet access
- 15 Night Out Byron Bay
- 16 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 17 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 18 10 days itinerary
- 19 Fremantle my love..
- 20 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 21 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 22 Books?
- 23 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 24 Choosing a Visa
- 25 Australia & NZ -3 weeks