At 12:51 local time on Tuesday, March 1st there will be two minutes of silence in Christchurch - that's one week after the devastating earthquake hit. The bells in Wellington will toll for 10 minutes - the bells in Christchurch are shattered and silent. Please take a few moments to stop what you are doing at that time and send positive thoughts and energies to our brothers and sisters in Christchurch as they dig out from this disaster. over 100 people dead and still more missing. Today they buried the first infant - how sad. I did a check of the time and in Chicago we will be silent at 5:51 pm on Monday. Please spread the word. I'd put it out there on facebook but I am at a school and the site is blocked. Maybe some of you can do that for me.
Two Minutes of Silence for Christchurch
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Transportation from Sydney Airport to Four Seasons
- 2 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 3 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 4 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 5 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 6 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 7 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 8 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 9 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 10 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 11 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 12 Paihia or coromandel
- 13 Emirates and Jetstar
- 14 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 15 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 16 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 17 14 days in NZ in February
- 18 16 days all over New Zealand
- 19 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 20 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 21 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 22 Heading to Australia!
- 23 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 24 South Island Itinerary
- 25 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013