At 12:51 local time on Tuesday, March 1st there will be two minutes of silence in Christchurch - that's one week after the devastating earthquake hit. The bells in Wellington will toll for 10 minutes - the bells in Christchurch are shattered and silent. Please take a few moments to stop what you are doing at that time and send positive thoughts and energies to our brothers and sisters in Christchurch as they dig out from this disaster. over 100 people dead and still more missing. Today they buried the first infant - how sad. I did a check of the time and in Chicago we will be silent at 5:51 pm on Monday. Please spread the word. I'd put it out there on facebook but I am at a school and the site is blocked. Maybe some of you can do that for me.
Two Minutes of Silence for Christchurch
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne