At 12:51 local time on Tuesday, March 1st there will be two minutes of silence in Christchurch - that's one week after the devastating earthquake hit. The bells in Wellington will toll for 10 minutes - the bells in Christchurch are shattered and silent. Please take a few moments to stop what you are doing at that time and send positive thoughts and energies to our brothers and sisters in Christchurch as they dig out from this disaster. over 100 people dead and still more missing. Today they buried the first infant - how sad. I did a check of the time and in Chicago we will be silent at 5:51 pm on Monday. Please spread the word. I'd put it out there on facebook but I am at a school and the site is blocked. Maybe some of you can do that for me.
Two Minutes of Silence for Christchurch
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 2 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 3 Broome to Cape Leveque
- 4 NZ: A Series of Bitter Disappointments -- a Songdoc Trip Report
- 5 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 6 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 7 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 8 Sydney
- 9 Location suggestions: beachy long weekend from Auckland?
- 10 mobile wifi device for Australia
- 11 One day in Fiji
- 12 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 13 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 14 Experienced Aussie travellers needed for a survey
- 15 Done crying and only drinking a little.
- 16 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help
- 17 Sydney MyMulti Pass
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 19 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 20 Which Fiji or Cook Island ?
- 21 Hobart
- 22 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 23 Should we change our plans ???
- 24 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 25 Leaving on a jet plane....