It’s been a little while since I’ve been able to plan a great trip using the forum…sadly work has beckoned for the past 2 years! I am currently planning my honeymoon for Australia and Fiji. My fiancé and I are getting married in June 2011 and will take a belated honeymoon for about 16 days in the second half of November (would like to take advantage of better weather and our US Thanksgiving holiday).
We are active (hiking, scuba diving, etc), enjoy food and wine (but don't know all that much about the latter), taking photos and enjoy learning about other cultures. We are thinking about spending 2-3 days in Sydney, 1-2 days in Melbourne, a 3-4 day liveaboard in the Reef (with about a day or so in either Cairns or Port Douglas). Then we’ll fly back to Sydney, spend an overnight and then fly to somewhere in Fiji for a few days and then head back to Chicago. Could we fit in 2 days in Ayers Rock? I think that would be amazing to see. Also, where do you recommend in Fiji for a nice resort-y place (overwater bungalow would be awesome) that has great diving, but isn’t crazy expensive? We are thinking we’d like to spend about $200-$300 / night for lodging in Australia (other than the liveaboard) and maybe $400 - $500 / night in Fiji. Also, any recommendations for liveaboards would be great!
Is this too crazy? We don’t mind rushing around to get a feel for a place in Australia (I know that statement must be horrifying to some of you! , and then we’ll get some real R&R (and more diving) in Fiji. To be honest, I haven't done much research yet, as we are just starting to look into this. I thought I would ask all of you for your initial thoughts to help us frame our research / itinerary. We are planning to book our flights in December, so we can use miles. Thanks in advance! Truly appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Travel within Australia
- 2 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 3 Advice for kid-friendly NZ itinerary in August?
- 4 3 days for trip from Christchurch
- 5 Which one is the best Sydney Harbour cruise?
- 6 8-10 days around Fiji, would love to hear thoughts!
- 7 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 8 Dec trip - Itinerary planning help and recommendations
- 9 New Zealand Itinerary January/February
- 10 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 11 Sydney CBC Serviced Apartment
- 12 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 13 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 14 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 15 Need help on 2 week itinerary - North Island, winter, with kids (5, 7, 10)
- 16 Help a North American understand winter in New Zealand
- 17 Need Advice for NZ winter trip itinerary
- 18 Franz Josef or Mt. Cook?
- 19 One day in Sydney
- 20 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 21 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Sydney & New Zealand (South Island)
- 22 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 23 9 days in Fiji
- 24 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 25 Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?
Recommendations for 2+ week honeymoon in Australia and Fiji