It’s been a little while since I’ve been able to plan a great trip using the forum…sadly work has beckoned for the past 2 years! I am currently planning my honeymoon for Australia and Fiji. My fiancé and I are getting married in June 2011 and will take a belated honeymoon for about 16 days in the second half of November (would like to take advantage of better weather and our US Thanksgiving holiday).
We are active (hiking, scuba diving, etc), enjoy food and wine (but don't know all that much about the latter), taking photos and enjoy learning about other cultures. We are thinking about spending 2-3 days in Sydney, 1-2 days in Melbourne, a 3-4 day liveaboard in the Reef (with about a day or so in either Cairns or Port Douglas). Then we’ll fly back to Sydney, spend an overnight and then fly to somewhere in Fiji for a few days and then head back to Chicago. Could we fit in 2 days in Ayers Rock? I think that would be amazing to see. Also, where do you recommend in Fiji for a nice resort-y place (overwater bungalow would be awesome) that has great diving, but isn’t crazy expensive? We are thinking we’d like to spend about $200-$300 / night for lodging in Australia (other than the liveaboard) and maybe $400 - $500 / night in Fiji. Also, any recommendations for liveaboards would be great!
Is this too crazy? We don’t mind rushing around to get a feel for a place in Australia (I know that statement must be horrifying to some of you! , and then we’ll get some real R&R (and more diving) in Fiji. To be honest, I haven't done much research yet, as we are just starting to look into this. I thought I would ask all of you for your initial thoughts to help us frame our research / itinerary. We are planning to book our flights in December, so we can use miles. Thanks in advance! Truly appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 2 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 3 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 4 Help with NZ Travel
- 5 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 6 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 7 Kaikoura roads update
- 8 Free Camping
- 9 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 10 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 11 Clever, mischievous keas
- 12 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 13 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 14 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 15 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 16 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 17 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 18 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 19 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 20 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 21 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 22 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 23 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 24 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 25 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
Recommendations for 2+ week honeymoon in Australia and Fiji