It’s been a little while since I’ve been able to plan a great trip using the forum…sadly work has beckoned for the past 2 years! I am currently planning my honeymoon for Australia and Fiji. My fiancé and I are getting married in June 2011 and will take a belated honeymoon for about 16 days in the second half of November (would like to take advantage of better weather and our US Thanksgiving holiday).
We are active (hiking, scuba diving, etc), enjoy food and wine (but don't know all that much about the latter), taking photos and enjoy learning about other cultures. We are thinking about spending 2-3 days in Sydney, 1-2 days in Melbourne, a 3-4 day liveaboard in the Reef (with about a day or so in either Cairns or Port Douglas). Then we’ll fly back to Sydney, spend an overnight and then fly to somewhere in Fiji for a few days and then head back to Chicago. Could we fit in 2 days in Ayers Rock? I think that would be amazing to see. Also, where do you recommend in Fiji for a nice resort-y place (overwater bungalow would be awesome) that has great diving, but isn’t crazy expensive? We are thinking we’d like to spend about $200-$300 / night for lodging in Australia (other than the liveaboard) and maybe $400 - $500 / night in Fiji. Also, any recommendations for liveaboards would be great!
Is this too crazy? We don’t mind rushing around to get a feel for a place in Australia (I know that statement must be horrifying to some of you! , and then we’ll get some real R&R (and more diving) in Fiji. To be honest, I haven't done much research yet, as we are just starting to look into this. I thought I would ask all of you for your initial thoughts to help us frame our research / itinerary. We are planning to book our flights in December, so we can use miles. Thanks in advance! Truly appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Picton Drive Through
- 2 Six Weeks Down Under
- 3 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 4 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 5 August Honeymoon Help?
- 6 How to split up Australia?
- 7 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 8 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 9 Brisbane to Sydney
- 10 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 11 East Coast Australia
- 12 North and South Island of NZ
- 13 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 14 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 15 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 16 Marlborough Sounds
- 17 Blue mountain in July
- 18 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 19 Tonga January Weather
- 20 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 21 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 22 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 23 Alesund - Geiranger
- 24 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 25 australia for first time
Recommendations for 2+ week honeymoon in Australia and Fiji