My husband and I are going to NZ for our honeymoon this March. We decided on the South Island because we both love landscapes and glaciers and some adventure sports. Does my itinerary look doable, too tiring? Also,Just as I finalized the itinerary, my husband has requested if we could go surfing (and some motocross) somewhere, sometime. Is there any place in this itinerary where we could do that? Or do I have to redo the itinerary? Thank you!
Some background: South Island only, 12 days max, return Christchurch mid 30s couple, will do the rental car/motel combo, adventurous and fairly fit
Day 1: Arrive Christchurch
Day 2: Christchurch to Greymouth via train, spend night in Greymouth
Day 3: Pick up car in Greymouth, head to Fox Glacier
Day 4: Fox Glacier to Wanaka
Day 5: Wanaka to Queenstown
Day 6: Queenstown
Day 7: Queenstown-Milford Sound- Queenstown (will do the flight-cruise combo to save time)
Day 8: Queenstown to Mt. Cook
Day 9: Mt. Cook to Lake Tekapo to Christchurch
Day 10: Explore Christchurch
Day 11: Leave Christchurch
Thank you everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 7 days in New Zealand
- 2 Hamilton Island
- 3 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 4 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 5 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 6 16 Days on the South Island
- 7 Need help in Auckland
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 9 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 10 Six Weeks Down Under
- 11 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 12 Uber in Sydney
- 13 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 14 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 15 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 16 Darwin Accomodations
- 17 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 19 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 20 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 21 The Red Center?
- 22 Trip to Cairns
- 23 Blue mountain Or Daintree in July
- 24 Sydney Restauranr Near Opera House for Early Dining
- 25 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
Pls help with NZ South Island 12 days with surfing itinerary!