We are in our late 60s and have always wanted to see New Zealand/and/or Australia. I, (the wife) have always been the driver on vacations, but am a little concerned with the steering wheel on the opposite side. I had no trouble in wild Italy, driving....but still. So we could visit New Zealand for a month of the allowable time and would love to see a little of Australia. My question is about doing a guided tour where we are driven and shuffled places, but not have too much of a detailed itinerary...more flexible. I would love to say money is no object....but it is to an extent. Does anyone have suggested tour companies that are somewhat laidback and flexible but not too large. We do like to meet people and are mostly interested in scenery and some walking but not too extensive. Oh....almost forgot....we live in Hawaii and love the temperate climate so we would love to be traveling when the temperature is mild to warm...when would be the best time. Mahalo.
Older Couple, first time to NZ and/or Australia
- 1 Melbourne Money Exchange
- 2 Jetstar boosts Transtasman flights
- 3 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 Fine-tuning advice re pre/post-cruise destinations in Australia please
- 6 New Zealand South Island (mostly) Trip Report
- 7 Tasmanian West Coast
- 8 Sydney hotel
- 9 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 10 Australia Tour Operator Help
- 11 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 12 Hotels in Australia
- 13 Hidden Gems in Melbourne
- 14 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 15 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 16 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 17 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 18 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 19 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 20 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 21 Micronesia- when to visit
- 22 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 23 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 24 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 25 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia