We are in our late 60s and have always wanted to see New Zealand/and/or Australia. I, (the wife) have always been the driver on vacations, but am a little concerned with the steering wheel on the opposite side. I had no trouble in wild Italy, driving....but still. So we could visit New Zealand for a month of the allowable time and would love to see a little of Australia. My question is about doing a guided tour where we are driven and shuffled places, but not have too much of a detailed itinerary...more flexible. I would love to say money is no object....but it is to an extent. Does anyone have suggested tour companies that are somewhat laidback and flexible but not too large. We do like to meet people and are mostly interested in scenery and some walking but not too extensive. Oh....almost forgot....we live in Hawaii and love the temperate climate so we would love to be traveling when the temperature is mild to warm...when would be the best time. Mahalo.
Older Couple, first time to NZ and/or Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 2 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 3 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 4 Sydney and Auckland
- 5 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 6 Internet access
- 7 Night Out Byron Bay
- 8 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 9 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 10 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 11 10 days itinerary
- 12 Fremantle my love..
- 13 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 14 Packing List
- 15 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 16 Books?
- 17 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 18 Choosing a Visa
- 19 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 20 One spare day in Darwin
- 21 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 22 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 23 Travel Visa
- 24 Canberra
- 25 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland