We are in our late 60s and have always wanted to see New Zealand/and/or Australia. I, (the wife) have always been the driver on vacations, but am a little concerned with the steering wheel on the opposite side. I had no trouble in wild Italy, driving....but still. So we could visit New Zealand for a month of the allowable time and would love to see a little of Australia. My question is about doing a guided tour where we are driven and shuffled places, but not have too much of a detailed itinerary...more flexible. I would love to say money is no object....but it is to an extent. Does anyone have suggested tour companies that are somewhat laidback and flexible but not too large. We do like to meet people and are mostly interested in scenery and some walking but not too extensive. Oh....almost forgot....we live in Hawaii and love the temperate climate so we would love to be traveling when the temperature is mild to warm...when would be the best time. Mahalo.
Older Couple, first time to NZ and/or Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 2 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 3 Byron Bay or ...
- 4 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 5 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 6 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 7 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 8 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 9 Paging Cathies
- 10 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 11 NZ vs Aust
- 12 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 13 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 14 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 15 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 16 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 17 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 18 August week end in Auckland
- 19 28 days to campervan around australia
- 20 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 21 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 22 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 23 Sydney Weather in September
- 24 South Island Suggestions ...
- 25 Favorite things to do in Melbourne