I've been doing research on SI and have read some forum threads but could really use your help with some itinerary suggestions! Many thanks in advance
This is our first time on South Island!
1. We have a total of 16 days or 14 full days if you exclude the first and last day
2. Traveling at Xmas time.
3. Given the vast distances to be covered on SI, I think it's best to do the full 14 days on SI. Alternatively, am happy to spend the last 2 days in Auckland where our international flight is based out of.
4. Love scenic drives so pls shout out for your favorite scenic route!
1. Am flexible to fly into/out of Christchurch and/or QT. What's the best route to take?
2. Of the 14 days, I have a rough itinerary which is flexible depending on the answer to question 1 above. We plan to do the following:
Mount cook - 2 nights
Te Anau - 3 nights
Wanaka - 3 nights
Total - 8 nights; where do you suggest for the remaining 6 nights? Abel Tasman? Other parts of the North Coast?
I understand that driving time in NZ is slower than expected so we don't want to rush ourselves. We prefer not to have single nights in one destination as we find this too rushed but this is flexible depending on the itinerary.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 5 days in South Island
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 4 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 5 New Zealand Itinerary
- 6 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 7 NZ visa denials
- 8 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 9 Help on Itinerary
- 10 Sydney Trip
- 11 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 12 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 13 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 14 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 15 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 16 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 17 Extra 2 nights = help
- 18 February Australia Visit
- 19 Best wildlife near sydney
- 20 Where to go in Australia
- 21 Bruny Island
- 22 Western Australia
- 23 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 24 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 25 New Zealand South Island Alternative Itinerary