I've been doing research on SI and have read some forum threads but could really use your help with some itinerary suggestions! Many thanks in advance
This is our first time on South Island!
1. We have a total of 16 days or 14 full days if you exclude the first and last day
2. Traveling at Xmas time.
3. Given the vast distances to be covered on SI, I think it's best to do the full 14 days on SI. Alternatively, am happy to spend the last 2 days in Auckland where our international flight is based out of.
4. Love scenic drives so pls shout out for your favorite scenic route!
1. Am flexible to fly into/out of Christchurch and/or QT. What's the best route to take?
2. Of the 14 days, I have a rough itinerary which is flexible depending on the answer to question 1 above. We plan to do the following:
Mount cook - 2 nights
Te Anau - 3 nights
Wanaka - 3 nights
Total - 8 nights; where do you suggest for the remaining 6 nights? Abel Tasman? Other parts of the North Coast?
I understand that driving time in NZ is slower than expected so we don't want to rush ourselves. We prefer not to have single nights in one destination as we find this too rushed but this is flexible depending on the itinerary.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Are you looking Event Waste Management Team?
- 2 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 3 Uluru
- 4 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 5 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 6 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 7 16 days in Australia
- 8 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 9 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 10 Gluten free Australia
- 11 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 12 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 13 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 14 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 15 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 16 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 17 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 18 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 19 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 20 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 21 25day planning for Australia
- 22 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 23 Help New Zealand
- 24 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 25 8 day trip to New Zealand