I've been doing research on SI and have read some forum threads but could really use your help with some itinerary suggestions! Many thanks in advance
This is our first time on South Island!
1. We have a total of 16 days or 14 full days if you exclude the first and last day
2. Traveling at Xmas time.
3. Given the vast distances to be covered on SI, I think it's best to do the full 14 days on SI. Alternatively, am happy to spend the last 2 days in Auckland where our international flight is based out of.
4. Love scenic drives so pls shout out for your favorite scenic route!
1. Am flexible to fly into/out of Christchurch and/or QT. What's the best route to take?
2. Of the 14 days, I have a rough itinerary which is flexible depending on the answer to question 1 above. We plan to do the following:
Mount cook - 2 nights
Te Anau - 3 nights
Wanaka - 3 nights
Total - 8 nights; where do you suggest for the remaining 6 nights? Abel Tasman? Other parts of the North Coast?
I understand that driving time in NZ is slower than expected so we don't want to rush ourselves. We prefer not to have single nights in one destination as we find this too rushed but this is flexible depending on the itinerary.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 2 Kaikoura roads update
- 3 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 4 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 5 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 6 Clever, mischievous keas
- 7 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 9 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 10 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 11 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 12 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 13 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 14 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 15 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 16 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 17 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 18 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 19 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 20 Translation of documents
- 21 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 22 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 23 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 24 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February
- 25 Tasting Tassie, a road trip with food and wine.