I am planning a trip in late dec/jan for 21 days. hoping for some feedback about length of stay in the south island. here is what I have planned so far:
day 1: Christchurch
day 2: drive to mount cook 1 nite
day 3 & 4: QT
day 5 & 6 :Te Anau/milford Sound
day 7: drive and stay over at Wanaka
Day 8 & 9: Franz Joseph/fox
day 10 &11: travel and stay some where on way to Picton
day 12: Picton overnight
day 13- ferry to Wellington
not sure wether to stay an extra night at QT or Te Anau or Glaciers?
this leaves us a week on the north island
north island: Waitomo Caves, Rotorua, Matamata and Bay Islands finishing in Auckland to fly home.
any suggestions would be very much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 7 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 The southern lights
- 10 Mel's NZ Photos
- 11 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 12 August Honeymoon Help?
- 13 How to split up Australia?
- 14 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 15 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney
- 17 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 18 East Coast Australia
- 19 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 20 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 21 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 22 Marlborough Sounds
- 23 Blue mountain in July
- 24 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 25 Tonga January Weather