I am planning a trip in late dec/jan for 21 days. hoping for some feedback about length of stay in the south island. here is what I have planned so far:
day 1: Christchurch
day 2: drive to mount cook 1 nite
day 3 & 4: QT
day 5 & 6 :Te Anau/milford Sound
day 7: drive and stay over at Wanaka
Day 8 & 9: Franz Joseph/fox
day 10 &11: travel and stay some where on way to Picton
day 12: Picton overnight
day 13- ferry to Wellington
not sure wether to stay an extra night at QT or Te Anau or Glaciers?
this leaves us a week on the north island
north island: Waitomo Caves, Rotorua, Matamata and Bay Islands finishing in Auckland to fly home.
any suggestions would be very much appreciated
NZ campervan trip- both islands
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 2 Perth, Red Center itinerary - need help!
- 3 Four Seasons Sydney
- 4 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 5 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 6 Sydney Airport Hotels?
- 7 5 days in Tasmania--help needed
- 8 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 9 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 10 NSW/Queensland- 4 free days
- 11 Sydney
- 12 Extra time in Melbourne
- 13 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 14 best time for traveling in the kimberley and NT
- 15 Renting (hiring) a car near Sydney - or not
- 16 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 17 Margo Oz are you there ?
- 18 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 19 Tassie in winter
- 20 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 21 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 22 New Zealand advice
- 23 New Zealand for Solo Travelers
- 24 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 25 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June