I am planning a trip in late dec/jan for 21 days. hoping for some feedback about length of stay in the south island. here is what I have planned so far:
day 1: Christchurch
day 2: drive to mount cook 1 nite
day 3 & 4: QT
day 5 & 6 :Te Anau/milford Sound
day 7: drive and stay over at Wanaka
Day 8 & 9: Franz Joseph/fox
day 10 &11: travel and stay some where on way to Picton
day 12: Picton overnight
day 13- ferry to Wellington
not sure wether to stay an extra night at QT or Te Anau or Glaciers?
this leaves us a week on the north island
north island: Waitomo Caves, Rotorua, Matamata and Bay Islands finishing in Auckland to fly home.
any suggestions would be very much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 2 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 3 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 4 14 day South NZ Trip
- 5 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 8 One-day hike in Milford area
- 9 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 10 Best national park around Sydney
- 11 1 night stay around GOR
- 12 7 days in New Zealand
- 13 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 14 NZ repeat visitors
- 15 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 16 South Island Suggestions
- 17 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 18 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 19 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 20 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 21 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 22 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 23 New Zealand Car Rental
- 24 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 25 What exactly is a NZ sound?