I am planning a trip in late dec/jan for 21 days. hoping for some feedback about length of stay in the south island. here is what I have planned so far:
day 1: Christchurch
day 2: drive to mount cook 1 nite
day 3 & 4: QT
day 5 & 6 :Te Anau/milford Sound
day 7: drive and stay over at Wanaka
Day 8 & 9: Franz Joseph/fox
day 10 &11: travel and stay some where on way to Picton
day 12: Picton overnight
day 13- ferry to Wellington
not sure wether to stay an extra night at QT or Te Anau or Glaciers?
this leaves us a week on the north island
north island: Waitomo Caves, Rotorua, Matamata and Bay Islands finishing in Auckland to fly home.
any suggestions would be very much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Solo trip - Qld, is it worth the trip to WA?
- 2 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 3 3 days itinerary for Melbourne- Suggestions required
- 4 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 5 Queensland north and Perth south
- 6 Melbourne or Sydney?
- 7 Tips for Cook Islands - Solo Female Traveler
- 8 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 9 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 3
- 10 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 11 NZ- Nov or Dec?
- 12 Proposed itinerary- comments please!
- 13 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 14 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 15 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 16 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 17 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 18 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 19 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 20 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 21 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 22 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 23 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 24 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 25 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.