My husband and I will be in Australia at the Great Barrier Reef in January of 2015. We would like a nice resort from which we can walk right into the water and snorkel. We are thinking we would prefer to be on one of the islands rather than on the coast. We would like great water and beach, air conditioning, and good food- Not so interested in night life or party atmosphere. Any suggestions?
Need resort recommendation at Great Barrier Reef
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Airport Customs in Auckland
- 2 New Zealand (Rotorua and Auckland) + Australia (Gold Coast and Sydney)
- 3 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 4 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 5 16 days all over New Zealand
- 6 Second try for Australia Itinerary in October
- 7 My Experience Traveling in New Zealand
- 8 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 9 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 10 Advice needed for South Pacific ports
- 11 Tahiti Honeymoon in November?
- 12 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 13 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 14 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 15 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 16 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 17 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 18 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 19 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 20 Question about the "Build Up"
- 21 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 22 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 23 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 24 Tipping
- 25 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?