My best friend and I are driving from Melbourne to Cairns from the middle of January until the middle of March 2017. We're considering going to Uluru at the end of our trip, but seeing both flight tickets and tours are quite expensive, we're nut so sure it's worth it? We're two 19 year old girls from Norway, living on a budget, but if Uluru is as amazing as some people claim it is, we'll try to make room for it in our budget.
If you do think it's worth the money:
1) Should we fly directly to Ayers Rock, or Alice Springs?
2) How many days should we stay in the area?
3) Is it possible to experience the best of Uluru on our own, or should we book a tour? If you think we should book a tour, do you have any recommendations on where to book it (maybe a website?) and for how many days? It doesn't need to be fancy at all, we just want to see the amazing nature as well as learning about the history of the area (aboriginals, the formation of the rock etc...)
Thank you so much in advance
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 5 North Island Itinerary Help
- 6 Visa for Australia
- 7 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 8 Hotel Sydney
- 9 Transportation advice needed
- 10 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 11 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 12 Three days in Cairns
- 13 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 14 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 15 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 16 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 17 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 18 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 19 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 20 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 21 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
- 22 Favorite activities in Moorea, Bora Bora?
- 23 Trip report: Ultimate 3-week Australia itinerary
- 24 Blue mountain or Pacific Ocean drive
- 25 E-visa scams