A friend has just suggested to me to join another few friends on a trip July 2011 driving from Darwin to Cairns. How realistic is this - know that it's a very long way and will take days to drive but is this worthwhile? Would love to see Katherine Gorge and Kakadu but once we get away from these is there much else apart from bush? She suggested that we may be camping which I'm not too sure about. Are there motels along the way? Could we rent an RV and use that or do we need a 4WD? So many questions!
Appreciate any help that you can give me.
Many thanks, Laura
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 2 http://onlinehealthmarkets.com/intellex-plus/
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 5 Picton Drive Through
- 6 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 7 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 8 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 9 North and South Island of NZ
- 10 The southern lights
- 11 Mel's NZ Photos
- 12 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 13 August Honeymoon Help?
- 14 How to split up Australia?
- 15 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 16 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 17 Brisbane to Sydney
- 18 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 19 East Coast Australia
- 20 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 21 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 22 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 23 Marlborough Sounds
- 24 Blue mountain in July
- 25 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit