A friend has just suggested to me to join another few friends on a trip July 2011 driving from Darwin to Cairns. How realistic is this - know that it's a very long way and will take days to drive but is this worthwhile? Would love to see Katherine Gorge and Kakadu but once we get away from these is there much else apart from bush? She suggested that we may be camping which I'm not too sure about. Are there motels along the way? Could we rent an RV and use that or do we need a 4WD? So many questions!
Appreciate any help that you can give me.
Many thanks, Laura
Darwin to Cairns - driving??
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 2 The Great Australian Adventure
- 3 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 4 Very beginning of very rough itinerary
- 5 Taormina to Palermo
- 6 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 7 First time in NZ and only have a week
- 8 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 9 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 10 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 11 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 12 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 13 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 14 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 15 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 16 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 17 5 week itinerary help
- 18 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 19 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 20 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 21 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 22 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 23 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 24 This special community - Fodorville
- 25 New Zealand -help with itinerary