A friend has just suggested to me to join another few friends on a trip July 2011 driving from Darwin to Cairns. How realistic is this - know that it's a very long way and will take days to drive but is this worthwhile? Would love to see Katherine Gorge and Kakadu but once we get away from these is there much else apart from bush? She suggested that we may be camping which I'm not too sure about. Are there motels along the way? Could we rent an RV and use that or do we need a 4WD? So many questions!
Appreciate any help that you can give me.
Many thanks, Laura
Darwin to Cairns - driving??
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 5 days in Tasmania
- 2 Paging Cathies
- 3 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 4 Limestone Coast, South Australia - ideas needed
- 5 August week end in Auckland
- 6 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 7 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 8 Cairns itinerary - inputs needed
- 9 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 10 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 11 Help
- 12 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 13 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 14 Byron Bay or ...
- 15 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 16 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 17 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 18 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 19 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 20 NZ vs Aust
- 21 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 22 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 23 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 24 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 25 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report