A friend has just suggested to me to join another few friends on a trip July 2011 driving from Darwin to Cairns. How realistic is this - know that it's a very long way and will take days to drive but is this worthwhile? Would love to see Katherine Gorge and Kakadu but once we get away from these is there much else apart from bush? She suggested that we may be camping which I'm not too sure about. Are there motels along the way? Could we rent an RV and use that or do we need a 4WD? So many questions!
Appreciate any help that you can give me.
Many thanks, Laura
Darwin to Cairns - driving??
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 2 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 3 Itinerary Help
- 4 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 5 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 6 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 7 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 8 Packing List
- 9 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 10 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 11 Sydney and Auckland
- 12 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 13 Internet access
- 14 Night Out Byron Bay
- 15 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 16 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 17 10 days itinerary
- 18 Fremantle my love..
- 19 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 20 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 21 Books?
- 22 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 23 Choosing a Visa
- 24 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 25 One spare day in Darwin