A friend has just suggested to me to join another few friends on a trip July 2011 driving from Darwin to Cairns. How realistic is this - know that it's a very long way and will take days to drive but is this worthwhile? Would love to see Katherine Gorge and Kakadu but once we get away from these is there much else apart from bush? She suggested that we may be camping which I'm not too sure about. Are there motels along the way? Could we rent an RV and use that or do we need a 4WD? So many questions!
Appreciate any help that you can give me.
Many thanks, Laura
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 2 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 3 Australia for two weeks.
- 4 Auckland to Wellington with Toddler
- 5 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 6 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 7 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 8 Food to Try Out
- 9 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 10 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 11 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 12 Recommended guidebooks
- 13 South Island Road Trip
- 14 Surprises in Australia
- 15 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 16 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 17 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 18 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 19 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 20 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 21 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 22 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 23 New Zealand with a toddler
- 24 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 25 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)