A friend has just suggested to me to join another few friends on a trip July 2011 driving from Darwin to Cairns. How realistic is this - know that it's a very long way and will take days to drive but is this worthwhile? Would love to see Katherine Gorge and Kakadu but once we get away from these is there much else apart from bush? She suggested that we may be camping which I'm not too sure about. Are there motels along the way? Could we rent an RV and use that or do we need a 4WD? So many questions!
Appreciate any help that you can give me.
Many thanks, Laura
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand - A 7 week road trip
- 2 Honeymoon in New Zealand! Looking for some final thoughts on itinerary
- 3 using a credit card in AU and NZ
- 4 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 5 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 6 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 7 Sydney places to stay
- 8 2 days post cruise in Sydney
- 9 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 10 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 11 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 12 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 13 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 14 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 15 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 16 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 17 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 18 North island New Zealand-help
- 19 Rarotonga
- 20 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 21 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 22 South Island trip in Oct.
- 23 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 24 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 25 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne