A friend has just suggested to me to join another few friends on a trip July 2011 driving from Darwin to Cairns. How realistic is this - know that it's a very long way and will take days to drive but is this worthwhile? Would love to see Katherine Gorge and Kakadu but once we get away from these is there much else apart from bush? She suggested that we may be camping which I'm not too sure about. Are there motels along the way? Could we rent an RV and use that or do we need a 4WD? So many questions!
Appreciate any help that you can give me.
Many thanks, Laura
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 2 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 3 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 4 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 5 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 6 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 7 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 8 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 9 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 10 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 11 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 12 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 13 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 14 Tasmania
- 15 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 16 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 17 Accommodations Brisbane
- 18 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 19 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 20 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 21 Repositioning cruise
- 22 18 days nz.
- 23 South Island over December-January Holidays
- 24 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 25 New Zealand - South Island 8 days