A friend has just suggested to me to join another few friends on a trip July 2011 driving from Darwin to Cairns. How realistic is this - know that it's a very long way and will take days to drive but is this worthwhile? Would love to see Katherine Gorge and Kakadu but once we get away from these is there much else apart from bush? She suggested that we may be camping which I'm not too sure about. Are there motels along the way? Could we rent an RV and use that or do we need a 4WD? So many questions!
Appreciate any help that you can give me.
Many thanks, Laura
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 2 Question on Driving from Sydney to Blue Mts
- 3 NZ S Island itinerary help please!
- 4 Amazing New Zealand - Trip Report
- 5 Stopover Toronto- Perth
- 6 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 7 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 8 New Zeaaland
- 9 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 10 Bay of Islands vs Marlborough Sound
- 11 Tasmania Itinerary
- 12 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 13 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 14 January-March When to visit NZ
- 15 Hikes in New Zealand
- 16 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 17 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 18 Nervous American driving in AU
- 19 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 20 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 21 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 22 New Zealand on our own?
- 23 2nd year visa extentiom
- 24 Sydney places to stay
- 25 Sydney in March