I looked up info on this forum Fiji vs. Cooks, but all of the posts looked like they were 5-10 years old.....so I will ask the question again. Cooks vs. Fiji?????
My fiance and I would like to take a month long honeymoon in the South Pacific. We have epicurean tastes, so French Polynesia was our first obvious interest. We are easily impressed by the best haha! But when we started researching it we saw that it would just be too outrageous in cost for an entire month (we are american so our dollar sucks right now!). This is our honeymoon, and we want to be able to live freely and not have to penny pinch and strategize for every last purchase. Thus we are considering the cooks and fiji. Please tell me if i am wrong here....Tahiti just seems insane cost wise.
From my reading online, it is hard to understand what the main differences are between fiji and the cooks. These are our criteria:
-We would like luxury accommodation for a few nights after our wedding, but then for the rest of the month we don't need anything too fancy. Just comfortable.
-We want to dive
-We want to snorkel lots
-We want to hike
-We want jungles and waterfalls
-Surf would be great but not a necessity
-We want beauty, picturesque landscapes
-We want to be in an island dream fantasy!
-Awesome, kick ass beaches are a must and plenty!
-Incredible blue water is a must
-Food is not that important to us, as long as it's decent
-We are explorer types so wherever we go, we will want to see a variety of islands. We'd like interisland travel to be affordable and possible.
-We would like to be able to spend about $9,000 to $12,000 USD for a month.
So......there it is....the ultimate list. Not too much to ask, is it? hahaha
Where can this be found? Which will more easily satisfy these desires, Fiji or Cooks? Or elsewhere, I am open minded to other suggestions?
Thanks so much, especially to those who have actually BEEN TO BOTH and can give a good comparison. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Spanish Courses in Mexico City!
- 2 Melbourne - Port Douglas - GBR for New Years
- 3 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 4 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 5 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 6 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 7 drive or fly?
- 8 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 9 Nelson, New Zealand
- 10 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 11 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 12 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 13 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 14 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 15 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 16 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 17 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 18 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 19 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 20 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 21 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 22 Boat charter Raitea
- 23 Cairns, Darwin-Kakadu, Sydney in October
- 24 Cairns Australia
- 25 New Zealand Weather - Help!