I looked up info on this forum Fiji vs. Cooks, but all of the posts looked like they were 5-10 years old.....so I will ask the question again. Cooks vs. Fiji?????
My fiance and I would like to take a month long honeymoon in the South Pacific. We have epicurean tastes, so French Polynesia was our first obvious interest. We are easily impressed by the best haha! But when we started researching it we saw that it would just be too outrageous in cost for an entire month (we are american so our dollar sucks right now!). This is our honeymoon, and we want to be able to live freely and not have to penny pinch and strategize for every last purchase. Thus we are considering the cooks and fiji. Please tell me if i am wrong here....Tahiti just seems insane cost wise.
From my reading online, it is hard to understand what the main differences are between fiji and the cooks. These are our criteria:
-We would like luxury accommodation for a few nights after our wedding, but then for the rest of the month we don't need anything too fancy. Just comfortable.
-We want to dive
-We want to snorkel lots
-We want to hike
-We want jungles and waterfalls
-Surf would be great but not a necessity
-We want beauty, picturesque landscapes
-We want to be in an island dream fantasy!
-Awesome, kick ass beaches are a must and plenty!
-Incredible blue water is a must
-Food is not that important to us, as long as it's decent
-We are explorer types so wherever we go, we will want to see a variety of islands. We'd like interisland travel to be affordable and possible.
-We would like to be able to spend about $9,000 to $12,000 USD for a month.
So......there it is....the ultimate list. Not too much to ask, is it? hahaha
Where can this be found? Which will more easily satisfy these desires, Fiji or Cooks? Or elsewhere, I am open minded to other suggestions?
Thanks so much, especially to those who have actually BEEN TO BOTH and can give a good comparison. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Melbourne or Sydney?
- 2 Queensland north and Perth south
- 3 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 4 Tips for Cook Islands - Solo Female Traveler
- 5 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 6 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 3
- 7 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 8 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 9 NZ- Nov or Dec?
- 10 Proposed itinerary- comments please!
- 11 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 12 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 13 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 14 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 15 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 16 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 17 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 18 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 19 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 20 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 21 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 22 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 23 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 24 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 25 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2