My family of 6 (4 adults + 2 children - 1 YO and 3 YO ) are coming-to Perth at the beginning of August. What area is best for a family with small children? I am looking for activities for the children as well as adults.
The following are the stays for 11 nights
Day 1 - Arrive early in the morning (7.30a.m.), stay overnight at Fremantle
Day 2 - Overnight at Fremantle
Day 3 - Overnight at Fremantle
Day 4 - Overnight at "Margaret River Hideaway & Farmstay"
Day 5 - Overnight at "Margaret River Hideaway & Farmstay"
Day 6 - Overnight at "Margaret River Hideaway & Farmstay"
Day 7 - Overnight at "Margaret River Hideaway & Farmstay"
Day 8 - Overnight at Albany
Day 9 - Overnight at Albany
Day 10 - Overnight at "Novotel Swan Valley Vines Resort"
Day 11 - Overnight at "Novotel Swan Valley Vines Resort"
Day 12 - Leaving 8a.m. flight
1. I'm considering to rent a MPV, 7 seaters.
- Most of the Car Rental companies are offering Kia Carnival, is this car good enough to accommodate? (with 2 mandatory child seats)
- There are other options like Toyota Kluger / Toyota Tarago, which will be a better options?
- Is car necessary for the whole trip? Maybe I can skip during my stay in Fremantle and Novotel? Will it be difficult to roam around w/o a car? Especially when we have 2 toddlers?
- We need to catch our flight very early in the morning, should I return the car a day before and get a taxi to the airport?
- Is picking up the car at Fremantle a better option? I have seen comments that picking up at the airport will cost more it appear to be the same amount.
2. Any recommendations for the places to visit and things to do? What area is best for a family with small children? I'm looking for activities for children as well as adults.
So far, the following places are in the mind, could anyone help to arrange based on the locations? Please suggest any other nice places to be included.
- Hillarys Boat Harbour
- Penguin Island ( Is one day required on this island?)
- Caversham Wildlife Park
- King's Park / Whitman Park (should I go both)
- Fremantle Market (Only one day is required?)
- Busselton Jetty
- Giant Tree Top
- Recommendations for wild flower viewing?
- Pinnacle Desert (Worth going with young children? since the journey is quite far)
- Kohunu Koala Park
Thanks in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://healthforeverplus.com/derma-reflexion/
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 Brisbane to Sydney
- 4 5 days in South Island
- 5 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 6 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 7 New Zealand Itinerary
- 8 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 9 NZ visa denials
- 10 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 11 Help on Itinerary
- 12 Sydney Trip
- 13 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 14 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 15 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 16 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 17 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 18 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 19 Extra 2 nights = help
- 20 February Australia Visit
- 21 Best wildlife near sydney
- 22 Where to go in Australia
- 23 Bruny Island
- 24 Western Australia
- 25 South Island - West Coast Itinerary