First blog and first trip to Australia
Me and my partner (23 and 24 years old) have hired a campervan (car with a bed and kitchen - nothing too fancy!) and although I have read up about each place there is just too many things to choose from so I am hoping you can tell me some of the best (not just touristy) places to go.
We are also wanting to do the Fraser Island tour and the Whitsunday - Whitehaven Island with Great Barrier Reef tour - I would like advise on whether you think different Islands are better to visit.
The itinerary so far is:
- Land in Melbourne - 27th December
- Drive from Melbourne - Apolo Bay - Port Cambell 28th - 29th December
- Port Cambell - Geelong - 29th - 30th December
- Geelong - Wagga Wagga - 30th - 31st December
- Wagga Wagga - Sydney - 31st December
- Sydney - 31st - 3rd January
So we only have 2 days really for the GOR and then travel to Syndey for NYE
Then we are left with 16 days to see sites travelling up the East Coast to Cairns where we fly back to Melbourne on 20th January.
I know this isn't a lot of time but I think we need to try and cover:
Gold Coast - Hinterland
Hervey Bay (Fraser Island)
Airlie Beach (Whitsundays)
I realise we may not be ale to do all this but if you could advise on each any way it would really be appreciated so we can choose more wisely
From other blogs I read that gold cost is better than Sunshine, Bryon Bay isnt great and neither is Cape Tribulation, but please comment if you think differently to this!
Then our final 4 days are in Melbourne before we have to go back to the UK
We have hotel accommodation booked for Sydney and Melbourne but please recommend any other campsites for any other locations.
Thanks to any one who helps
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 sure i can help
- 2 Gluten free Australia
- 3 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 4 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 5 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 6 Uluru
- 7 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 8 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 9 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 10 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 11 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 12 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 13 16 days in Australia
- 14 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 15 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 16 25day planning for Australia
- 17 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 18 Help New Zealand
- 19 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 20 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 21 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
- 22 Private Tour Guides Australian Coast
- 23 Great Ocean Road
- 24 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 25 New Zealand travel agents/itinerary