I hope and would really appreciate if you nice people could share their experience and knowledge of Bail and help me what to do with my 2 weeks in Bali. I arrive on Aug 15th and have 2 weeks while on honeymoon to plan where to spend our time. I naturally want the trip to be as perfect as possible for my bride to be (!) but I don't really know too much about Bali apart from what I have been reading on various websites.
What we are basically looking for would 2 or 3 different locations to visit staying for 3-5+ days each time. From what I have read there are parts of Lombok which are pretty crazy and other parts that are very quiet so I suppose what we are looking for is something in between. We are 38 and 28 years old so I suppose we want something that has atmosphere, vibe, romantic, fun with some nice bars & restaurants but full of young people / backpackers. Ideally we also are looking for beautiful beaches and while I know the beaches are not necessarily up to the same levels of white sand as in Thailand but I am sure there must be many beautiful beaches for us to stay / visit.
I have also read that the Gili Islands is a must place to stay for part of our trip and from what I have read I think Gili Air would be the right mix between the 3 islands as Gil T seems a bit too wild and young while Gili Meno seems a little too quiet although I have read it romantic with nice beaches.
Budget wise we are happy to spend $100 - $200 USD per night but I think the main problem being so close is availability, ideally we would like nice type bungalows on the beach but not necessarily on a busy built up tourist resort / hotel.
So if anything anybody can help or suggest would be greatly appreciated as ideally I need to get everything book in the next day or so..!
Many Thanks, Paul (in very rainy UK!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Norton360 security: Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 antivirus 24*7
- 2 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 3 Tea estates of Munnar
- 4 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 5 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 6 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 7 Bali & Singapore in October
- 8 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 9 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 10 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 11 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 12 Booking on the fly
- 13 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 14 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 15 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 16 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 17 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 18 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 19 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 20 like my food
- 21 Laos or Kerala?
- 22 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 23 Portable wifi rental
- 24 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 25 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!