I hope and would really appreciate if you nice people could share their experience and knowledge of Bail and help me what to do with my 2 weeks in Bali. I arrive on Aug 15th and have 2 weeks while on honeymoon to plan where to spend our time. I naturally want the trip to be as perfect as possible for my bride to be (!) but I don't really know too much about Bali apart from what I have been reading on various websites.
What we are basically looking for would 2 or 3 different locations to visit staying for 3-5+ days each time. From what I have read there are parts of Lombok which are pretty crazy and other parts that are very quiet so I suppose what we are looking for is something in between. We are 38 and 28 years old so I suppose we want something that has atmosphere, vibe, romantic, fun with some nice bars & restaurants but full of young people / backpackers. Ideally we also are looking for beautiful beaches and while I know the beaches are not necessarily up to the same levels of white sand as in Thailand but I am sure there must be many beautiful beaches for us to stay / visit.
I have also read that the Gili Islands is a must place to stay for part of our trip and from what I have read I think Gili Air would be the right mix between the 3 islands as Gil T seems a bit too wild and young while Gili Meno seems a little too quiet although I have read it romantic with nice beaches.
Budget wise we are happy to spend $100 - $200 USD per night but I think the main problem being so close is availability, ideally we would like nice type bungalows on the beach but not necessarily on a busy built up tourist resort / hotel.
So if anything anybody can help or suggest would be greatly appreciated as ideally I need to get everything book in the next day or so..!
Many Thanks, Paul (in very rainy UK!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 50th Anniversary trip
- 2 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 3 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 6 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 7 14 days in Myanmar
- 8 Changing planes at Dubai
- 9 Indian Food Series
- 10 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 11 "necessities" for India
- 12 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 13 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 14 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 15 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 16 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 17 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 18 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 19 Short trip to Myanmar
- 20 ATMs in Japan
- 21 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 22 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 23 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 24 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 25 Gang rape in India. Again.