I hope and would really appreciate if you nice people could share their experience and knowledge of Bail and help me what to do with my 2 weeks in Bali. I arrive on Aug 15th and have 2 weeks while on honeymoon to plan where to spend our time. I naturally want the trip to be as perfect as possible for my bride to be (!) but I don't really know too much about Bali apart from what I have been reading on various websites.
What we are basically looking for would 2 or 3 different locations to visit staying for 3-5+ days each time. From what I have read there are parts of Lombok which are pretty crazy and other parts that are very quiet so I suppose what we are looking for is something in between. We are 38 and 28 years old so I suppose we want something that has atmosphere, vibe, romantic, fun with some nice bars & restaurants but full of young people / backpackers. Ideally we also are looking for beautiful beaches and while I know the beaches are not necessarily up to the same levels of white sand as in Thailand but I am sure there must be many beautiful beaches for us to stay / visit.
I have also read that the Gili Islands is a must place to stay for part of our trip and from what I have read I think Gili Air would be the right mix between the 3 islands as Gil T seems a bit too wild and young while Gili Meno seems a little too quiet although I have read it romantic with nice beaches.
Budget wise we are happy to spend $100 - $200 USD per night but I think the main problem being so close is availability, ideally we would like nice type bungalows on the beach but not necessarily on a busy built up tourist resort / hotel.
So if anything anybody can help or suggest would be greatly appreciated as ideally I need to get everything book in the next day or so..!
Many Thanks, Paul (in very rainy UK!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 South Korea for Chuseok
- 2 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 3 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 4 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 5 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 6 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 7 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 8 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 9 Tokyo hotel help
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 12 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 13 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 14 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 15 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 16 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 17 Private tours in Northern India
- 18 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 19 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 20 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 21 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 22 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 23 Vietnam visa
- 24 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 25 Family Friendly Penang