I hope and would really appreciate if you nice people could share their experience and knowledge of Bail and help me what to do with my 2 weeks in Bali. I arrive on Aug 15th and have 2 weeks while on honeymoon to plan where to spend our time. I naturally want the trip to be as perfect as possible for my bride to be (!) but I don't really know too much about Bali apart from what I have been reading on various websites.
What we are basically looking for would 2 or 3 different locations to visit staying for 3-5+ days each time. From what I have read there are parts of Lombok which are pretty crazy and other parts that are very quiet so I suppose what we are looking for is something in between. We are 38 and 28 years old so I suppose we want something that has atmosphere, vibe, romantic, fun with some nice bars & restaurants but full of young people / backpackers. Ideally we also are looking for beautiful beaches and while I know the beaches are not necessarily up to the same levels of white sand as in Thailand but I am sure there must be many beautiful beaches for us to stay / visit.
I have also read that the Gili Islands is a must place to stay for part of our trip and from what I have read I think Gili Air would be the right mix between the 3 islands as Gil T seems a bit too wild and young while Gili Meno seems a little too quiet although I have read it romantic with nice beaches.
Budget wise we are happy to spend $100 - $200 USD per night but I think the main problem being so close is availability, ideally we would like nice type bungalows on the beach but not necessarily on a busy built up tourist resort / hotel.
So if anything anybody can help or suggest would be greatly appreciated as ideally I need to get everything book in the next day or so..!
Many Thanks, Paul (in very rainy UK!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 2 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 3 Hotel in Hanoi
- 4 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 5 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 6 India help needed
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 8 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 9 Trekking outside Sapa
- 10 Place to stay Hue
- 11 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 12 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 13 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 14 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 15 Go to Pai or not?
- 16 Ko Kraden hotels
- 17 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 18 Hoi Ann hotel
- 19 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 20 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 21 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 22 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 23 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 24 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 25 Thai Silk in Bangkok